Code of Conduct - Members
- 15 Jan 2022
- Website and Technical
- 273 Reads
Code of Conduct - Blake's 7 Online/Horizon Site Registered Members
A "Registered Site Member" is defined as a person who has registered with the Blake's 7 Online/Horizon website and is able to log in to the site using a password. Registered site members are not necessarily members of the Horizon club, nor are Horizon club members necessarily registered Horizon site members.
By registering as a site member, you agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct. You also agree to the use of Session Cookies to facilitate log-in and navigation.
The Blake's 7 Online/Horizon site Administrators are Diane Gies ("Supreme Commander"), Judith M. Galloway ("Website Mutoid"), Jackie Emery ("Travisina") and Evelyn Marsh ("M1795537 OC Virn").
Blake's 7 Online/Horizon believes that its forum should be a safe, fun, friendly place for fans of all ages, and this Code of Conduct is designed to facilitate that objective.
Rights and Responsibilities of Registered Site Members
1. Registered Site Members agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct.
2. Registered Site Members agree to adhere to any additional guidelines stipulated elsewhere on this site, including guidelines about account avatars, signatures and linked URLs.
3. Registered Site Members who are also Moderators additionally agree to be bound by the Code of Conduct for Moderators.
4. Registered Site Members agree to abide by the Guidelines for Forum Behaviour when posting in the site forum.
As a Registered Site Member you may: use the site's private messaging (PM) system, read and post in all forums accessible to visitors and registered members and access any areas reserved for "members only" (i.e. photo galleries, download sections etc). You may contribute photographs, artwork, fan fiction, articles etc created/drawn/written by you yourself to the site. You may submit URLs to B7/Cult TV/SF sites that you own or administer, subject to the rules about content posted elsewhere on this site. You may not upload images/artwork/articles etc. created by other people - if they wish to share their work they can register on the Blake's 7 Online/Horizon site and post the images themselves.
Guidelines for Forum Behaviour
All persons posting in the Blake's 7 Online/Horizon site forum are required to:
* Understand and adhere to any specific guidelines implemented for particular sub-forums.
* Be considerate and polite to other forum users.
* Clarify the nature/meaning of posts when asked to by the Administrators and/or Moderators.
* Edit posts when asked to by the Administrators and/or Moderators.
* Not use insulting or offensive language.
* Not make personal attacks on other posters.
* Not disregard warnings or guidance issued by Moderators.
* Not post in a manner that is likely, in the view of the Administrators and/or Moderators, to be seen as bullying, insulting, browbeating or deliberately inflammatory.
You may not make posts that are homophobic, sexist, racist or otherwise likely to cause general offence.
You may express your opinion on any subject under discussion, or start a new thread in which to express your opinion about something. You may argue with/disagree with other posters at any time, subject to the guidelines for forum behaviour laid down in this Code of Conduct. For example, a member is perfectly entitled to say "I disagree with you about X because..." but is not at liberty to say something like "I think you're stupid for believing X because...". You are not required to justify or provide evidence for your thoughts or opinions, but you are required to post them in a courteous and constructive manner. Where the tone of your post could be misconstrued, you should consider using emoticons/smilies to clarify your intent.
You may not insult, browbeat or otherwise intimidate other posters either in the site forum, or by private message (PM). If people do not agree with your opinion about something after you have further explained your position, you should move on unless or until you have further points to add. Failure to do so may be viewed as browbeating.
You may not promote subjects that are illegal under British law, except in a fictional context relating to the activities of the Blake's 7 characters. Promotion of illegal acts under any other circumstances is prohibited.
You must assume that people under 18 years of age visit the Horizon site, and contribute accordingly. Subjects of an "adult" nature are permitted in the forum as long as they are referred to in a way appropriate for minors to read.
You may, should you feel such an action is justified:
Make A Complaint About A Registered Site Member
Any complaint from a registered site member about the actions or behaviour of a fellow site member should be made to the site Administrators, either by email or by Private Message. The complaint should include the username of the member concerned, the timing and nature of the allegation/complaint, and (where possible) an URL to the point(s) in question. The Administrators undertake to investigate all complaints fairly and as quickly as is reasonably possible. Complaints will be considered against this Code of Conduct.
Make A Complaint About A Site Moderator
Any complaint from a registered site member about the actions or behaviour of a Horizon site forum Moderator should be made to the site Administrators, either by email or by Private Message. The complaint should include the name of the Moderator concerned, the timing and nature of the allegation/complaint, and (where possible) an URL to the point(s) in question. The Administrators undertake to investigate all complaints fairly and as quickly as is reasonably possible. Complaints will be considered against both this Code of Conduct and the Code of Conduct for Moderators.
Infractions and Moderation
The Administrators and Moderators of this site reserve the right to:
* Ask posters to edit or delete posts that contravene the Guidelines above, and to edit or delete without warning posts that contravene the Guidelines above.
* Without prior consultation change, edit or delete posts or parts of posts that in their opinion may be viewed by other members as offensive, disruptive, insulting or deliberately inflammatory.
* Without prior consultation remove posts that are repetitively argumentative and do not add anything further to the debate in question.
* Without prior consultation lock, delete or archive threads that are redundant or disruptive.
* Send private messages to members regarding forum behaviour where appropriate.
* Issue warnings to members regarding forum behaviour.
The Administrators and Moderators undertake to:
* Adhere both to the Code of Conduct for Registered Site Members and to the Code of Conduct for Moderators.
* Reliably and consistently record all moderation activities.
The Administrators reserve the right to:
* Give registered site members the "benefit of the doubt" and take no action other than minor editing where necessary where an infraction is deemed to be purely accidental.
* Temporarily suspend the accounts of members warned for bad forum behaviour.
* Delete the accounts of members warned for bad forum behaviour.
* Blacklist the email addresses/IP addresses of members warned for bad forum behaviour.
Registered site members have the right to appeal against any/all Moderator/Administrator actions taken against them. Any appeal should only be lodged with the site Administrators and must be made using private message (PM) or email.
The Administrators reserve the right at any time to take whatever action is deemed necessary to protect registered site members from abuse and hostility.
In any circumstance not expressly covered by this Code of Conduct, the Blake's 7 Online/Horizon site Administrators reserve the right to act in the manner they deem most appropriate after investigation and consultation with any/all parties.
In all cases, the decision of the Site Owner is final.
Please Note: we will not tolerate spamming in the forum or by PM. Spam messages will be deleted immediately, and the person responsible will be banned and blacklisted. In this case, the term "spam" is taken to mean messages of a commercial nature and/or messages designed to help manipulate search engine rankings etc. Registered members should report any instance of spamming to a member of the B7O site staff.