View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: C10 Ultraworld - Saturday 3rd September
Travisina
Rewatch Australia: C10 Ultraworld
Saturday 3rd September 2022, 10.30am (UK) / 7.30pm (Australia)

In which Vila teaches Orac jokes, the crew visit tube tunnels under Camden Town, the Blue Man Group make an appearance, Dayna and Tarrant indulge in some explosive hanky-panky and a giant brain implodes. Just an average day, really...
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Obsidian
Hi All. I hope you're all fighting fit. I'll be checking back to hear about how things went for you AnneArthur.

Sorry to say, even with the astounding opportunity to visit some defunct tunnels and see a blow-up plastic brain implode and Blue Men crack up, I will not be able to join you this week because I have a birthday 'do' to attend.

Have a good rewatch and I'll catch up with you next time. xxx
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.

https://www.seraglio-design.com/
M1795537OCVirn
Hope you have a good day, Obsidian. Meanwhile, this episode always feels like a mash-up of themes from other eps, like Dawn of the gods X City X Redemption, or something, so not a favourite with me.
Anyway, see you all later.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

Tyce
Hello, Are you all well?

Pilot53
Liked this episode ORAC being taught by Villa? Odd to say the least
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.

Tyce

Pilot53 wrote:

Liked this episode ORAC being taught by Villa? Odd to say the least

Hi Pilot53 :-)

Tyce
I’m guessing we’re waiting 5 minutes for late comers.

Pilot53
Hope all here are well. As for me my eyes are drooping which for me isn't common but worked 12 hr shift started 1800hrs till 0600hrs working with contractor's job was finished by 2200hrs & went home.
Australia
The Penal Colony

Pilot53
Hey Tyce how's it going way way up your neck of the woods?😊😊😊😊😊
Australia
The Penal Colony

Tyce

Pilot53 wrote:

Hope all here are well. As for me my eyes are drooping which for me isn't common but worked 12 hr shift started 1800hrs till 0600hrs working with contractor's job was finished by 2200hrs & went home.

Wow 12 hour shift. You poor thing.

Tyce

Pilot53 wrote:

Hey Tyce how's it going way way up your neck of the woods?😊😊😊😊😊

Not bad thanks. Spring has sprung and my apricot tree has buds on it so that’s nice.

M1795537OCVirn
Hi, everyone, sorry I'm late, got distracted by another B7 thing. Where are we?

Tyce
Virn has just logged on. Hi Virn.

Tyce
I’ve hit start.

Pilot53
The Ultra brain suffered a breakdown caused by Villa being distracted by ORAC. I too was surprised that of all the crew Villa was teaching ORAC riddles & jokes?
What's a cure for water on the brain?
Answer? A tap!
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
Hope the birthday 'do' is fun, Obsidian! The job interview was a bit mixed - they didn't send me the pre-interview test until 20 minutes after it was suppoed to have started, and after much frantic emailing from me, by which time I was panicking and made a lot of stupid mistakes. I was able to point them out in the interview, which I thought went well, but I'm not holding my breath for the job. In the meantime, I haven't been paid for the Summer School last month, which means that, after putting all my savings into my current account, I can cover my bills but have nothing for food - and I'm supposed to be visiting a friend next week, so need some money for that. I've got in touch with some people at Durham who owe me money, but they are currently saying they owe me only half of what I asked for . . . I can put everything on my credit card, but that just kicks the can down the road . . .

Pilot53
G'day Virn how are we today or night?
Australia
The Penal Colony

Tyce

Pilot53 wrote:

The Ultra brain suffered a breakdown caused by Villa being distracted by ORAC. I too was surprised that of all the crew Villa was teaching ORAC riddles & jokes?
What's a cure for water on the brain?
Answer? A tap!

Ha ha

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

That sounds stressful!

AnneArthur
Another of these starts with random space images.

Pilot53
Anne hope all works out for you. Let me & us know if we can help in any way.
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
I do feel that in series 3 Avon is too often operating on the basis of 'take what Tarrant wants to do and suggest the opposite'. Here Tarrant, uncharacteristically, doesn't want to investigate, so Avon is suddnely alll gung-ho.

M1795537OCVirn
OK, apologies from Travisina again, I'm afraid. But she was up early, sorting out the News page for you, and making the Obituary Article for Jacqueline Pearce live, so she can be excused.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

Anne hope all works out for you. Let me & us know if we can help in any way.

Thank you! That's very kind. I'll survive.

Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

Hope the birthday 'do' is fun, Obsidian! The job interview was a bit mixed - they didn't send me the pre-interview test until 20 minutes after it was suppoed to have started, and after much frantic emailing from me, by which time I was panicking and made a lot of stupid mistakes. I was able to point them out in the interview, which I thought went well, but I'm not holding my breath for the job. In the meantime, I haven't been paid for the Summer School last month, which means that, after putting all my savings into my current account, I can cover my bills but have nothing for food - and I'm supposed to be visiting a friend next week, so need some money for that. I've got in touch with some people at Durham who owe me money, but they are currently saying they owe me only half of what I asked for . . . I can put everything on my credit card, but that just kicks the can down the road . . .

Oh gosh Anne Arthur that’s awful. What a mess. How bad of them to send the preinterview test 20 minutes after it started. I can fully understand how that would panic you.

Pilot53
Soon I'll be off...eyes getting heavy. I attended next doors birthday party their daughter turned 1 yesterday.
Hope all are well & we'll catch up next week.
Cheers one & all.
Australia
The Penal Colony

M1795537OCVirn
Fine here, Pilot, thanks for asking. Glad you got the job finished - eventually.

Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you, Anne. Hope the rewatches are at least a distraction.

AnneArthur
Why is the planet all spiky?

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Fine here, Pilot, thanks for asking. Glad you got the job finished - eventually.

Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you, Anne. Hope the rewatches are at least a distraction.

They are indeed a very pleasant distraction.

Tyce

Pilot53 wrote:

Soon I'll be off...eyes getting heavy. I attended next doors birthday party their daughter turned 1 yesterday.
Cheers one & all.

Bye Pilot53, have a good sleep.

Pilot53
Ok Anne just keep in mind what I said.
Cheers all...
Australia
The Penal Colony

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

I do feel that in series 3 Avon is too often operating on the basis of 'take what Tarrant wants to do and suggest the opposite'. Here Tarrant, uncharacteristically, doesn't want to investigate, so Avon is suddnely alll gung-ho.

Yes, it does feel like that at times. But it makes for 'dramatic tension' I suppose.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

Cheers one & all.

Have a good evening, Pliot, and get a good rest!

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

They'd lost the matt 'big orange swirly thing in space' card.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

Ok Anne just keep in mind what I said.
Cheers all...

Thanks! I will.

M1795537OCVirn
'night, Pilot!

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

They'd lost the matt 'big orange swirly thing in space' card.

Grin

M1795537OCVirn
And now they've lost Tarrant. What a pity.

M1795537OCVirn
I like the idea of a wall with coloured glass/plastic blocks.

AnneArthur
Vila's jokes are truly dreadful.

Jump to Forum