View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: C4 Dawn of the Gods - Saturday 23rd July
Travisina
Rewatch Australia: C4 Dawn of the Gods
Saturday 23rd July 2022, 10.30am (UK) / 7.30pm (Australia)

Tell us about the Thaarn, Cally. I've got my graphite writing stick ready to take notes...
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Tyce
I’m just dropping by to say I have a really bad headache. So sorry I won’t be joining you today.

Pilot53
Tyce sorry to hear that. Go & take care....
Speedy recovery.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.

Pilot53
Travisina hi...hope yr well...here in the midst of winter.
Wish my car outer skin was made of Herculainiam...
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
So sorry to hear that, Tyce! Hope you feel better soon. I won't be around next week - I'll be travelling to Keele to teach at a summer school. I've been busy preparing my course all last week - it's annoying how my busy period always coincides with the hot weather.

AnneArthur
Hello Pilot! This isn't one of my favourite episodes - I find the Thaarn rather irritating, I think. Do you like it?

Pilot53
It was never revealed why the Herculainiam was needed & for what purpose?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
I'm rather liking this space monopoly.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

It was never revealed why the Herculainiam was needed & for what purpose?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I think that ships are made of it?

AnneArthur
I don't like Tarrant's shirt. It's the sort of thing Blake might have worn, but it doesn't suit him.

Pilot53
Yes as most eps. But had to see it over again to get the gist of the story line.
Poor Cally was caught up in the midst of things. A child's story from ancient times.
Australia
The Penal Colony

Pilot53
Didn't mind it so much. Avon wearing his leather pants was bit out of place I thort.
Wonder why ORAC didn't act sooner?
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
But I do like Avon's top this week. Unfussy, and he looks good in it.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

Didn't mind it so much. Avon wearing his leather pants was bit out of place I thort.
Wonder why ORAC didn't act sooner?

I don't know - but I keep forgetting how much ORAC has a mind of his own.

M1795537OCVirn
Hello, sorry I'm late. Blame our visitors. How are you all? Might not be able to stay long, but I'm with you in spirit!
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

Pilot53
ORAC definitely has a thirst for knowledge. That's for sure, finds black holes fascinating?? And verbal communication with Zen no longer required. Thort that was well said of him. But my favorite part was when Tarrant was asked how tall was ORAC & if he had hair...😁😁😁😁
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
'I'm in hell - and it's full of Avons!' Love that line.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

ORAC definitely has a thirst for knowledge. That's for sure, finds black holes fascinating?? And verbal communication with Zen no longer required. Thort that was well said of him. But my favorite part was when Tarrant was asked how tall was ORAC & if he had hair...😁😁😁😁

I like that bit a lot too.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Hello, sorry I'm late. Blame our visitors. How are you all? Might not be able to stay long, but I'm with you in spirit!

Hello! We're a bit down on numbers today. Tyce has a headache, and Obsidian is presumably still in Cornwall.

Pilot53
Has anyone noticed these few episodes that they dedicate it to each cast member?
This was Cally's childhood memories she had as a child.
Australia
The Penal Colony

Pilot53
Good to see u Ms Virn hope yr well....sorry bit late with the welcoming.
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
I'm never sure if taking ORAC's switch actually switches him off, or just prevents him from communicating. This episode seems to suggest that he is switched off, but I wouldn't put it past him to have engineered a work-around without telling anyone.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

Has anyone noticed these few episodes that they dedicate it to each cast member?
This was Cally's childhood memories she had as a child.

For new viewers, perhaps?

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Hello! We're a bit down on numbers today. Tyce has a headache, and Obsidian is presumably still in Cornwall.

While Travsina is racing about trying to fit everything in, as usual. Where are you up to in the ep? Not one of my favourites - you can probably guess why. And The THAARN is a bit of a pain, isn't he? I wonder if Cally responded to being 'needed' - the rest of them didn't exactly make her feel needed.

Pilot53
Later I'll watch B7 & re watch Dawn of the Gods. Can't recall why the Herculainiam was needed?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” Might have missed something.
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
How does the Liberator land, exactly? It seems to have legs here - do they retract when it is in space?

M1795537OCVirn
Herculanium - the Thaarn used it to add power to his black hole generators, according to the Programme Guide. How the science of that works is anybody's guess.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

While Travsina is racing about trying to fit everything in, as usual. Where are you up to in the ep? Not one of my favourites - you can probably guess why. And The THAARN is a bit of a pain, isn't he? I wonder if Cally responded to being 'needed' - the rest of them didn't exactly make her feel needed.

They have just sent Vila out to explore. He's just come across the wrecked spaceships.

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

How does the Liberator land, exactly? It seems to have legs here - do they retract when it is in space?

Presumably. Although a ship that big would need a really solid bit of ground.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Herculanium - the Thaarn used it to add power to his black hole generators, according to the Programme Guide. How the science of that works is anybody's guess.

Ah, that works! I said ships to Pilot earlier, but it then occurred to me that he doesn't have any. I suppose you would need something strong to make a black hole generator.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Presumably. Although a ship that big would need a really solid bit of ground.

It must be a vast cavern.

Pilot53
With the addition of new members I'm surprised they don't participate here & join in? Maybe they're frightened off by Servalan who knows?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

I think she is upset by the lack of purpose - she was a freedom fighter, after all. I think she misses Blake more than she says, and misses the sense of purpose he gave the crew.

AnneArthur
Vila getting his revenge on Tarrant for sending him out in the first place.

Pilot53
I faintly recall in another episode, the Liberator landing somewhere having her landing gear up concealed in it's fuselage.
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
This machine is presumaby like the JCB with the claw that has been tearing apart the football stadium behind my house - but that didn't have a big scary face painted on it.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

I faintly recall in another episode, the Liberator landing somewhere having her landing gear up concealed in it's fuselage.

That would make sense.

M1795537OCVirn
The new members - there might not be many in the Southern Hemisphere, and/or free on Saturdays, but I agree. With a few notable exceptions (hi, Anne!) they're generally a bit quiet.

AnneArthur
A caliph in Regency costume - where does the Thaarn get this from?

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

I think she is upset by the lack of purpose - she was a freedom fighter, after all. I think she misses Blake more than she says, and misses the sense of purpose he gave the crew.

Good point.

Jump to Forum