View Thread
|
Horizon Observatory visit
|
|
| Hugbot |
Posted on 29-09-2026 06:30
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 3734 Joined: 16.01.22 |
Episode 1158 |
|
|
|
| trevor travis |
Posted on 29-09-2026 07:04
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 9242 Joined: 16.01.22 |
Thank you for your positive reactions! Given how I handled the characters, I wasn't quite sure if it would go down well. I'm glad that you are all good sports! There are times when strip TT says something that real TT might not (not that I mind - the strip is huge fun). But, in terms of me making a "ginger" remark in relation to the Ginger Mercenary to wind up Paula, it's spot on
Vote Og.
|
|
|
|
| Joe Dredd |
Posted on 29-09-2026 08:19
|
|
Moderator ![]() Posts: 2977 Joined: 15.01.22 |
Shh! Don't let on we're feeding TT powdered glass. No one noticed the light was already broken as a ready-made scapegoat. Mwhahahahaha! The pizzas will be mine! ALL MINE!!! |
|
|
|
| Joe Dredd |
Posted on 29-09-2026 08:19
|
|
Moderator ![]() Posts: 2977 Joined: 15.01.22 |
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud. |
|
|
|
| trevor travis |
Posted on 29-09-2026 09:39
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 9242 Joined: 16.01.22 |
Next time we're on a highly dangerous mission, I'm sending out JD as our test canary ![]() No-one steals my pizzas
Vote Og.
|
|
|
|
| Paula |
Posted on 29-09-2026 19:46
|
|
Moderator ![]() Posts: 5472 Joined: 15.01.22 |
Thank you for your positive reactions! Given how I handled the characters, I wasn't quite sure if it would go down well. I'm glad that you are all good sports! There are times when strip TT says something that real TT might not (not that I mind - the strip is huge fun). But, in terms of me making a "ginger" remark in relation to the Ginger Mercenary to wind up Paula, it's spot on ![]() Yeah, it's hugely fun to tune in each day and read the most recent comic. Love it all. I'm always happy to egg Hugbot on, or any of the fellow readers, especially TT. Fun, fun, fun! Edited by Paula on 30-09-2026 18:59 Resist the Host
|
|
|
|
| Hugbot |
Posted on 30-09-2026 08:12
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 3734 Joined: 16.01.22 |
Episode 1159 |
|
|
|
| trevor travis |
Posted on 30-09-2026 11:17
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 9242 Joined: 16.01.22 |
A whole planet which is an obligatory Red Dwarf reference?
Vote Og.
|
|
|
|
| Hugbot |
Posted on 01-10-2026 07:52
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 3734 Joined: 16.01.22 |
Episode 1160 |
|
|
|
| Joe Dredd |
Posted on 02-10-2026 01:57
|
|
Moderator ![]() Posts: 2977 Joined: 15.01.22 |
Simon Templar, I presume? Actually, that's an inventive way of keeping up a hat, as long as it doesn't get too wet. Plus you'd always be ready for a quick game of frisbee at lunchtime. |
|
|
|
| Hugbot |
Posted on 02-10-2026 06:40
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 3734 Joined: 16.01.22 |
Actually, that's an inventive way of keeping up a hat It's based on a story that my mother told me. She attended a funeral where one of the guests, obviously lacking appropriate headwear, had fitted a borrowed hat with a cardboard ring. At the graveside, he respectfully took off the hat, oblivious to the fact that the cardboard ring was still stuck around his cranium. My mother had a hard time not to laugh out loud (which would have been highly inappropriate given the circumstances!). |
|
|
|
| Hugbot |
Posted on 02-10-2026 06:41
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 3734 Joined: 16.01.22 |
Episode 1161 |
|
|
|
| Joe Dredd |
Posted on 03-10-2026 03:46
|
|
Moderator ![]() Posts: 2977 Joined: 15.01.22 |
Ah! The perfect cue to tell Gareth Thomas' joke about butterflies. "AND VOT IS WRONG VIS SCHMETTERLING?!?" |
|
|
|
| Hugbot |
Posted on 03-10-2026 08:42
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 3734 Joined: 16.01.22 |
I feared that this old chestnut might come up. Time to lay this notion to rest. While I’d be the first to make jokes about German bureaucracy, terrible German TV series etc., the cheap jokes about the allegedly 'harsh' German language simply drive me up the wall. After all, this is the language in which I write stories to express myself for about 56 years now. And the joke is plain simply stupid as it is based on a pronunciation that does not exist and never existed. Nobody talks like this. Remember, this is the language in which Silent Night was originally written. Can you imagine that song being sung in the tone of the mad Austrian? And in particular Schmetterling happens to be a very lyrical word, very apt for these delicate creatures. Sorry for the rant, but this is actually one of my pet peeves. To clear up matters further, see today’s strip: Episode 1162 |
|
|
|
| trevor travis |
Posted on 03-10-2026 12:27
|
|
Alpha Grade ![]() Posts: 9242 Joined: 16.01.22 |
I feared that this old chestnut might come up. Time to lay this notion to rest. While I’d be the first to make jokes about German bureaucracy, terrible German TV series etc., the cheap jokes about the allegedly 'harsh' German language simply drive me up the wall. After all, this is the language in which I write stories to express myself for about 56 years now. And the joke is plain simply stupid as it is based on a pronunciation that does not exist and never existed. Nobody talks like this. Remember, this is the language in which Silent Night was originally written. Can you imagine that song being sung in the tone of the mad Austrian? And in particular Schmetterling happens to be a very lyrical word, very apt for these delicate creatures. Sorry for the rant, but this is actually one of my pet peeves. To clear up matters further, see today’s strip: Episode 1162 Any language can sound harsh if you've got the wrong man speaking it. As Trump is currently proving with the English language Anyway, let's move quickly on from politics, before we get told off * ![]() * which seems daft, given the deeply political nature of B7
Vote Og.
|
|
|
|
| Jump to Forum |



