Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: Ritter_der_Tiefe

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
the future of B7 at BF ?
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
As a subscriber to various Big Finish ranges on and off since the company was formed in the nineties, this is how they have always worked in my experience; they choose to announce or conceal products in advance on an individual basis, and have in the past even used misdirection which at least is not the case here! They don't answer questions until the full announcement or a planned teaser is released and I don't expect they ever will.


In that case, Big Finish are letting themselves down in this area.

Their audios are very strong, in particular, the B7 range has been exceptional.

But you can't ignore your customers and hope they will go away and stop asking questions. I work in customer service and this is not how you do it!!!
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

But you can't ignore your customers and hope they will go away and stop asking questions. I work in customer service and this is not how you do it!!!

But I don't think they want that! Jason H-E and Nick Briggs very much belong to the Steven Moffat school of wanting online speculation and dispute about what stories may/may not happen or whether the show is going to be cancelled etc because, whether the comments are good or bad, it's all free publicity. If they answer the questions, fans will go back to talking about something else until after release. Think about this: which thread about Big Finish has had the most activity over the last few months on Horizon? This one!!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 30 April 2015 12:52:12
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:
Incidentally, does anyone have any of the "Jake's 7" strips from "Jackpot"?


I've got several (at least) in a box somewhere, though the number with the first "Jake's 7" strip is pretty badly torn.
 
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

But you can't ignore your customers and hope they will go away and stop asking questions. I work in customer service and this is not how you do it!!!

But I don't think they want that! Jason H-E and Nick Briggs very much belong to the Steven Moffat school of wanting online speculation and dispute about what stories may/may not happen or whether the show is going to be cancelled etc because, whether the comments are good or bad, it's all free publicity. If they answer the questions, fans will go back to talking about something else until after release. Think about this: which thread about Big Finish has had the most activity over the last few months on Horizon? This one!!


Surely it has to be slightly different with a subscription-based company, though. With the BBC, we have no choice but to pay the licence fee. With Big Finish, we do have a choice of whether we renew or not (and I'm a subscriber, not only of all the B7 ranges, but also the Tom Baker range).

You canít fault Big Finish on the standard of their productions. However, their standard of customer service is shocking. This is the first ever question Iíve asked on their website, and Iíve not had a reply. So as far as Iím concerned, their level of customer service is 0%. Rock bottom.

I donít think it would stop me renewing, but it could some people. BF need to get their house in order and answer peopleís questions.
 
trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
Incidentally, does anyone have any of the "Jake's 7" strips from "Jackpot"?


I've got several (at least) in a box somewhere, though the number with the first "Jake's 7" strip is pretty badly torn.


JD, please, please, please could you scan a few at some point!!!
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

You canít fault Big Finish on the standard of their productions. However, their standard of customer service is shocking. This is the first ever question Iíve asked on their website, and Iíve not had a reply. So as far as Iím concerned, their level of customer service is 0%. Rock bottom.

I donít think it would stop me renewing, but it could some people. BF need to get their house in order and answer peopleís questions.

Considering the phenomenal rate of growth they have enjoyed over the last few years, and that their customer service as never changed, it seems to work for them and their wider customer base; we're both still customers! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
Incidentally, does anyone have any of the "Jake's 7" strips from "Jackpot"?


I've got several (at least) in a box somewhere, though the number with the first "Jake's 7" strip is pretty badly torn.


JD, please, please, please could you scan a few at some point!!!


Hi TT, I tried to scan some once in the past but that traditionally-wide UK comic size didn't fit comfortably on a scanner. I could however try the old put-them-on-the-floor-and-take-a-photo-from-above trick. Just to warn you though, there is no connection with B7 other than the name and being set in the future. Being a "Buster" reader you might have seen other IPC/Fleetway strips that punned a TV show name and went vaguely from there - "The Incredible Sulk", "Angel's Charlies", "Junior Rotter" (a kid version of JR Ewing from "Dallas"), "The Teeny Sweeney", "The 12 1/2p Buytonic Boy", "6 Million Dollar Gran", etc.
 
trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
Incidentally, does anyone have any of the "Jake's 7" strips from "Jackpot"?


I've got several (at least) in a box somewhere, though the number with the first "Jake's 7" strip is pretty badly torn.


JD, please, please, please could you scan a few at some point!!!


Hi TT, I tried to scan some once in the past but that traditionally-wide UK comic size didn't fit comfortably on a scanner. I could however try the old put-them-on-the-floor-and-take-a-photo-from-above trick. Just to warn you though, there is no connection with B7 other than the name and being set in the future. Being a "Buster" reader you might have seen other IPC/Fleetway strips that punned a TV show name and went vaguely from there - "The Incredible Sulk", "Angel's Charlies", "Junior Rotter" (a kid version of JR Ewing from "Dallas"Wink, "The Teeny Sweeney", "The 12 1/2p Buytonic Boy", "6 Million Dollar Gran", etc.


That would be great if you could... Smile

I remember Junior Rotter.

I think Jake's 7 had been dropped by the time of the Buster/Jackpot merger.
 
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Considering the phenomenal rate of growth they have enjoyed over the last few years, and that their customer service as never changed, it seems to work for them and their wider customer base; we're both still customers! Grin


Yes, and I will continue to be, while the B7 range continues. If B7 was dropped, then I probably wouldn't renew my subscription to the Tom Baker range.
 
MLPasterisk

But you can't ignore your customers and hope they will go away and stop asking questions. I work in customer service and this is not how you do it!!!


But there are only two options. Either the Blake's 7 range is ending in which case I guess they don't care if they alienate the fanbase.

Or it's continuing in which case we'll all be so delighted that we'll buy them anyway.

Smile
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
MLPasterisk wrote:

But there are only two options. Either the Blake's 7 range is ending in which case I guess they don't care if they alienate the fanbase.

Or it's continuing in which case we'll all be so delighted that we'll buy them anyway.

Absolutely, if the range is carrying on then it's just a basic marketing ploy while if it ends then Blake's 7 fandom as a collective body won't be part of their plans anyway. Far more interest is being generated by the silence than by any previous actual announcement! It's all part of a new experiment called Pavlov's Blake's 7 Fans, where we have been conditioned to expect new release announcements at regular intervals and then pace around getting agitated when nothing comes! Just basic marketing techniques that you learn at college... Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
Anniew
I put that point ( that's it was a marketing ploy I didn't like much) on the BF thread. Replies ensured me BF was NEVER like that!

There is a risk though that if if it is just marketing and the ranges continue and in the future the quality wobbles - or there is competition- that the feeling that BF don't value their customers might lead us to desert.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

I put that point ( that's it was a marketing ploy I didn't like much) on the BF thread. Replies ensured me BF was NEVER like that!

Lol Grin Big Finish is nearly always like this!

There is a risk though that if if it is just marketing and the ranges continue and in the future the quality wobbles - or there is competition- that the feeling that BF don't value their customers might lead us to desert.

The point is with both the Blake's 7 range and the Doctor Who one, that most fans probably buy to hear and support the original cast; not because of a particular studio's logo on the box.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
Anniew
True oh mighty one. Thou speakest great sense!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
MockingbirdGirl
But there are only two options. Either the Blake's 7 range is ending in which case I guess they don't care if they alienate the fanbase.

Or it's continuing in which case we'll all be so delighted that we'll buy them anyway.

You're ignoring the third option: if Big Finish alienates its customers, even those who will buy anyway have the option of getting them from a secondary retailer -- or even buying through eBay, which doesn't put so much as a penny in the Big Finish coffers. There's a reason why the cornerstone of good marketing is never to take your customers for granted...
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
Well, I subscribe through a secondary retailer anyway and have done so for years; it means I can support a specialist store and the production at the same time, but I fully agree with your point!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
MLPasterisk

The point is with both the Blake's 7 range and the Doctor Who one, that most fans probably buy to hear and support the original cast; not because of a particular studio's logo on the box.


I guess it's always possible given the success of the Big Finish range that B7 Productions have decided to take the range back in house and produce it themselves in future.
 
MockingbirdGirl
Hey, it looks like Big Finish has finally noticed that people have been asking questions about the future of the range. If you've been longing to see a classic example of marketing-speak, here's your chance:

Cavan Scott wrote:

Thanks for your ongoing interest in the Blakeís 7 range. It's certainly appreciated! We're having a brief hiatus to develop future plans. Thereís no news we can share at present, but we will as soon as possible!

All the best,

Cavan

Due to the sensitive nature of this message, you can clearly see why it couldn't have been posted 10 days ago. www.tooor.de/wcf/images/smilies/smiley-rolleyes007.gif
 
Anniew
Says nout none the wise. But I suppose it's better than nothing. They must have sensed they were annoying rather than intriguing fans!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
Anniew
Mind you hiatus does mean a break or interruption
in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

If they know what hiatus means we should be alright.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.76 seconds
9,501,747 unique visits since 8th January 2014