Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Jenna Stannis
Spaceresearcher
A smuggler that like all the characters had a past you really would have liked to know more about.

meegat39
Spaceresearcher wrote:

A smuggler that like all the characters had a past you really would have liked to know more about.

Don't forget extremely skilled pilot in your description!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceresearcher
Absolutely. I was hoping someone would mention that. Smile

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Judging by her moves in Time Squad, better than average in hand-to-hand combat.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Sopron
Indeed. Hasn't Sally always said that one of her biggest disappointments was not getting enough Cathy Gale/Emma Peel style action sequences?

Grade Four Ignorant
I always imagine that Jenna led an interesting life as an outlaw, she never struck me as being someone raised in a City Dome and I imagine she lived on a frontier colony most of her life. I'm sure she got up to all sorts - ambushes, raids, ship-for-hire to mercenaries and rebels, maybe even a bit of piracy.

JustBrad
I always found it interesting that despite that despite her denials of any political agenda other than opposing the Federation, she knew Avalon, whereas Blake (a founding member of the Freedom Party) did not.

JustBrad
Spaceresearcher wrote:

It's no secret that Babylon 5 was heavily influenced by Blake's 7. In Spacefall, Jenna has a vision of her mother being taken away.
In Babylon 5, Ivanova speaks of the day the Psi Corps came for her mother. (her mother committed suicide rather than go).

Sopron
JustBrad wrote:

I always found it interesting that despite that despite her denials of any political agenda other than opposing the Federation, she knew Avalon, whereas Blake (a founding member of the Freedom Party) did not.

As a free-trader she'd surely have been involved with transporting goods to all sorts of people/organisations without necessarily sharing their views, the Terra Nostra being another case in point. She objected to the cargo, not the earning potential in that instance and I wouldn't see her having an issue with shipping Avalon or goods/people for Avalon if the price was right.

peladon
Jenna was a very atypical character for her time, like Servalan. Criminal maybe but tough, self assurred, competent, logical, resilient and yet not crude or crass. What's not to like..?

Spaceship Dispatcher
meegat39 wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

...or being a skilled operator of the microwave and the dishwasher. Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Sopron
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

...or being a skilled operator of the microwave and the dishwasher. Grin

Somehow I don't see our Stannis running the risk of dish-pan hands, do you? I see her more likely to pilot the Liberator to a MacMoloch Drive-Thru for an Andromedan Pizza Slice. Smile

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lol Sopron. Love the image of the Liberator arriving at a fly-through space fast-food outlet Grin Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Sopron wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

As a free-trader she'd surely have been involved with transporting goods to all sorts of people/organisations without necessarily sharing their views, the Terra Nostra being another case in point. She objected to the cargo, not the earning potential in that instance and I wouldn't see her having an issue with shipping Avalon or goods/people for Avalon if the price was right.

Jenna had only met Avalon the once though.

The various resistance groups possibly didn't allow the identification of their leaders to the other groups in order to prevent a total annilihation of the fighters by the Federation should one group be infliltrated. So Blake not knowing Avalon makes sence in that context and it's also possible that the various forms of mind modification could have either wiped Avalon's identity or made his fractured memories untrustable without secondry verification.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Spaceresearcher
Sopron wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

That raises an important point, in terms of the money. With the Liberator, money was no longer an issue(holds full of precious metals and jewels etc).
Had Jenna, finally found a home?

Grade Four Ignorant
Jenna would probably agree with Vila. Being a pilot isn't what she is, it's who she is.

Ellen York
Jenna has always been my favorite character. Independent and able to look after herself, though not quite the tough cookie she would like to appear; pragmatic, yet wanting to believe. As Peladon said, what's not to like. And I do envy her cool under fire; like Vila, I tend to fuss when I get stressed.
I think The Liberator represented freedom for her (in a ship like this we could go anywhere). It seemed wrong that when Blake and Avon discussed who would get the ship, they never seemed to consider Jenna.

meegat39
Ellen York wrote:

Jenna has always been my favorite character. Independent and able to look after herself, though not quite the tough cookie she would like to appear; pragmatic, yet wanting to believe. As Peladon said, what's not to like. And I do envy her cool under fire; like Vila, I tend to fuss when I get stressed.
I think The Liberator represented freedom for her (in a ship like this we could go anywhere). It seemed wrong that when Blake and Avon discussed who would get the ship, they never seemed to consider Jenna.

I agree and disagree with you! It does seem wrong, however, by the time they had that conversation, Avon had clearly become Blake's second in command, which they all seemed to accept.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

magnificat
The New Patterns for Old Friends series has a great Jenna sub-plot.

JustBrad
Ellen York wrote:

Spot on, and surely this was on Jenna's mind when she said, "We'll finish what we set out to do, nothing else is settled."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,172,338 unique visits since 8th January 2014