Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,294
· Newest Rebel: jds12

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
BradPaula
Godzilla Vs. Kong (2021) A real CGI fest. I'd rather the older man in the rubber suit Godzilla...
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Hugbot
BradPaula wrote:

Godzilla Vs. Kong (2021)

But I guess you are not talking about this version? Pfft

BradPaula
Hugbot wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Godzilla Vs. Kong (2021)

Er...no... but your link was better!

Hugbot
A few episodes of the infamous 1973 Canadian sci-fi show The Starlost just to see whether it is really as bad as it’s reputation. Unfortunately, it is. It’s too painful to watch – in particular as it had the potential to become a real gem. Harlan Ellison’s original concept was great, but the execution is terrible. This show would definitely warrant a remake. I wish someone would pick it up and make the show that Ellison envisioned – with intelligent writing, proper sets (instead of chroma-keying the actors into bad models), a female lead that is capable of more facial expressions than staring in disbelief and smiling maternally, and without the irritating incidental ‘music’ and Keir Dullea’s atrocious moustache!

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Godzilla Vs. Kong (2021)

Er...no... but your link was better!

I was enjoying it greatly until the bloodbath at the end....
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Star Trek: The Motion Picture from 1979 - it's better than I remember it (I know a lot of people like to give it hell but it's really not that bad, just a little bit long-winded).

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture from 1979 - it's better than I remember it (I know a lot of people like to give it hell but it's really not that bad, just a little bit long-winded).

I have never understood why it gets such a battering. It isn't the greatest Trek film but it does the job. Without it, would we still be talking about Star Trek today as avidly as we do.

JustBrad
sweevo wrote:

I recall going to see it at the cinema in 1979. I recall being awed by the cinematography, but otherwise less than impressed. Paula and I had 'the big plot twist' figured out about a half hour before the Big Reveal. No, the movie is not bad, but for my money it was more style (SFX) than substance (plot and character development).
And how did we figure out the Big Plot Twist? Because we were (and are) old enough to remember seeing the original series.

The plot summary from the Classic Trek Episode, The Changeling: Early in the 21st Century, Earth launched it's first interstellar satellite, NOMAD. During its mission, Nomad was damaged by a meteoroid and lost contact with Earth, wandering without purpose. It later encountered an alien probe called Tan Ru in deep space. The two units merged, resulting in a powerful new construct with faulty programming, which sought to destroy anything that was perceived as imperfect; a condition that it evidently applied to any organic living being.

Sound familiar?
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

BradPaula
We watched 'The Land that Time Forgot' (1974) the MST 3K version and were pleasantly surprised to spot not only Colin Ferrell (Gambril from Killer) but Ben Howard (Mori from Volcano). Representing Doctor Who was Anthony Ainley (The Master), Keith Barron (Striker from Enlightenment), and Roy Holder (Krelper from Caves of Androzani).

I can't say it was the best written screenplay as it went from the German's in charge, to the Anglo/Americans in charge, back to the Germans and the next scene the Anglo/Americans in charge again which made no sense- but who are we to complain. It had funny rubber dinosaurs and even funnier acting from Doug McClure. LOL

I'm sad to report Gambril did not make it out alive to get his pension.... and neither did Roy Holder, a favorite of mine since we met at a con in 2012- he was first down the gullet of a rubber dinosaur! Poor Roy! Check out his IMDB page - it has that exact photo!

Deva
Star Trek: Picard. Apart from never ending affection for the 60s original, I lost all interest in Star Trek about 20 years ago but having watched seven of the ten episodes of season 1, I think Picard is an excellent series. Dark Trek rather than Star Trek.
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

BradPaula
Watched 'The Blue Max' (1966) starriang George Peppard, Ursula Andress and James Mason.

sweevo
Star Trek: First Contact - easily the best film to feature the Next Generation crew, and probably one of the best ST movies as well... I'd probably classify it as a horror movie as well, given the Borg are the story's villains.

Ellen York
First Contact is a good one. I haven't seen it in ages, may be time for a rewatch Smile

BradPaula
Watched 'The Loves of Hercules' (1960) starring Jayne Mansfield and her husband, Mickey Hargitay. An Italian film, and like all the other Italian Hercules films, bad. It was dubbed, even Jayne Mansfield was dubbed! If it wasn't that it was an MST 3K production, I would not have bothererd.

Watched 'Guns of 'Navarone" (1961) with Gregory Peck, Anthony Quinn and David Niven. Excellent.

sweevo
Bingeing Knight Rider (watching it for the first time) to celebrate David Hasselhoff's birthday. Hint: if watching the series from start to finish, then save the Season 4 episode "The Scent of Roses" till last, as that was the original planned finale to the series before the network interfered.

sweevo
Baffled!, a 1973 TV movie starring the late great Leonard Nimoy as a racing driver with ESP - feels a bit like a live-action Scooby Doo movie and it's a shame it didn't get picked up as a regular series. You can view it on YouTube here (the recent DVD/Blu-ray Disc release is cut - as far as I know, the YT upload is uncut): https://www.youtu...9JTgUcvyGE

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

Watched 'Guns of 'Navarone" (1961) with Gregory Peck, Anthony Quinn and David Niven. Excellent.

Love Guns of Navarone. Although lots of soldiers die, it's not as many as in Where Eagles Dare another Alistair Maclean book/film. Gregory Peck is one of my favourite actors - see him as Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mocking Bird - plus we also have Anthony Quinn, Anthony Quayle, David Niven, James Darren, Stanley Baker...oh and some women too... good soundtrack too.

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

... Where Eagles Dare another Alistair Maclean book/film....

I love Where Eagles Dare. I recall going to see it in the theater when I was about 8. Something about the idea of a heavily armed school bus that could literally plow its way through traffic had a certain appeal to the elementary school kids.

Later, it struck me that it was a bit ahead of its time for a 60's movie. Normally, for a film of that era, when the shooting starts, you'd expect the female characters to take cover, or worse, cower behind the men, but not Mary Ure and Ingrid Pitt. They pick up machine guns and fire back, showing just as much bravery as Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

BradPaula
Watched Dr. Strangelove, (1964).

Hugbot
This: https://vimeo.com...
Reminds of the discussions about what might have happened if Tarrant had mixed up Cally and Avon's consciousness in Ultraworld...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.08 seconds
35,160,626 unique visits since 8th January 2014