Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,295
· Newest Rebel: Skaro_Bujj

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
sweevo
The Max Payne 3 soundtrack by Health, having replayed the game (and its predecessors) to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary.

sweevo
Genesis live at Knebworth Park, at the end of their We Can't Dance tour, which took place 29 years ago today. You can watch and listen to the performance here: https://www.youtu...UVrjUIQEp4

sweevo
Belouis Some. Smile

One Spare Part
A friend loaned me a copy of Return to Ommadawn Mike Oldfield. It was interesting if not likeable. I am sufficiently familiar with the original Ommadawn to pick up on the references to it as the music progressed. I thought he had justabout got away with the sampling from the original that he used but then...I got to the final track which references the folksy whimsical song which closed the 1st album. What a terrible thing he has done there. I can't even explain what he did that was so wrong. Suffice to say, he completely ruined the album's homage to the original and, for me, rendered it unlistenable. I will play Ommadawn always but if I want to listen to something like Ommadawn, I'll stick with Hergist Ridge in the future.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Queen live at Knebworth Park - their last concert with Freddie Mercury, which took place 35 years ago today. Smile

sweevo
Aqualung by Jethro Tull, to celebrate its 50th anniversary and flautist/vocalist Ian Anderson's 74th birthday. Smile

One Spare Part
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds new hits compilation. Never heard any of them before, bought it on the recommendation of a friend.

Brilliant.

sweevo
The long awaited Ghostbusters 2 score by Randy Edelman - after 30+ years, it's finally been released officially (fans have had to make do with a bootleg over the years consisting of cues ripped straight from the movie with the dialogue and sound effects cut out). Smile

sweevo
Any Queen song I can find written by bassist John Deacon, who turns 70 today. Smile

One Spare Part
Genesis platinum collection... I am struggling with the remixes on this collection. Making some instrument or other more clear is not always the best thing for the track in question. Similar the place of the vocal in the mix. I am no great musician but I finally inderstand why fans get upset over remixes.

Cygnus Bazza
The two new ABBA songs, obviously. Totes emosh and all that.

One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

I was surprised at how emotional I felt when I 1st listened to those 2 songs. A post covid tonic but also more than that. Regaining of something lost.

sweevo
Freddie Mercury's solo material and some of his Queen stuff, to celebrate what would have been his 75th birthday today. Here's a free sample: https://www.youtu...Gjt291COa0 Smile

Cygnus Bazza
One Spare Part wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

I was surprised at how emotional I felt when I 1st listened to those 2 songs. A post covid tonic but also more than that. Regaining of something lost.

Exactly. It's as if a circle has finally closed with geometrical precision. I love the fact that the songs just try to sound like ABBA in 2021 and (i) not like ABBA in 1978 or (ii) like anyone else in 2021. I've pre-ordered the album, of course. (I don't mean The Album, obvs.)

Cygnus Bazza
Giving Nursery Cryme a spin while reading an accompanying article about early Genesis in Prog magazine. The piece highlights that, at Trident Studios in Soho in Aug '71, Bowie was working on Hunky Dory, Elton was working on Madman Across the Water and Genesis were working on NC. That is RIDICULOUS! To quote the article, "That's 'Changes', 'Tiny Dancer' and 'The Musical Box' - all in the same studio in the same month".

Also been watching some 'reaction videos' on YouTube looking at the new ABBA songs. Highly entertaining!

One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

Giving Nursery Cryme a spin while reading an accompanying article about early Genesis in Prog magazine. The piece highlights that, at Trident Studios in Soho in Aug '71, Bowie was working on Hunky Dory, Elton was working on Madman Across the Water and Genesis were working on NC. That is RIDICULOUS! To quote the article, "That's 'Changes', 'Tiny Dancer' and 'The Musical Box' - all in the same studio in the same month"

Don't freak me out! Just bought that magazine myself. Also nice piece about Caravan in it....

Cygnus Bazza
Don't freak me out! Just bought that magazine myself.

Crikey - I bet they can't believe they've sold TWO copies.

sweevo
Abacab, the album which let the world know Genesis were and are capable of pop hits as well as progressive rock composition, to celebrate its 40th anniversary. Personal highlights include the title track, "No Reply At All", the "Dodo/Lurker" suite, "Man on the Corner" and even the controversial "Whodunnit?". Smile

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Abacab, the album which let the world know Genesis were and are capable of pop hits as well as progressive rock composition, to celebrate its 40th anniversary. Personal highlights include the title track, "No Reply At All", the "Dodo/Lurker" suite, "Man on the Corner" and even the controversial "Whodunnit?". Smile

NOT Whodunnit!

Cygnus Bazza
Sorry - 'Whodunnit' is a shocker. Sounds like Thomas Dolby on a bad day. Surely Duke is the album where they first really dovetailed pop and prog? You could even make a case for And Then There Were Three.... Although it definitely has its moments, Abacab is one of three Genesis studio albums I've never owned.

Am currently listening to a lot of old Strawbs stuff. Hero and Heroine is a forgotten rock-folk-prog masterpiece.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
35,259,924 unique visits since 8th January 2014