View Thread
blakes7online » Blake's 7 » B7 Classic
 Print Thread
Orac
Lorna
i.imgur.com/kzHofql.jpg

I know that the acquisition of Orac was supposed to be a great asset for the Liberator crew. But in my opinion that was dubious. In my view it was untrustworthy and I will never forgive it's attempt to murder Vila
Edited by Lorna on 02-02-2022 12:51

Brad
Orac became a bit of a crutch, like K9 in Doctor Who. Did you write yourself in to a corner? Whistle for K9.

While I totally agree with Lorna, Orac's behavior, and betrayal, was foreshadowed in Orbit.

AVON: If Orac has a fault, it is a tendency to give more information than is requested.
VILA: Or less information than requested.
AVON: But seldom just the information that is requested.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
Modthra

Lurena
Ah, I was about to post threads for the computers too, with accompanying images (like for the other main characters.
So, Lorna, if you are willing, I can give you the link to the image so you can add it to your first post here?
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
click here to see my heartfelt tribute to Paul Darrow, Kerr Avon Forever

Lorna

Lurena wrote:

Ah, I was about to post threads for the computers too, with accompanying images (like for the other main characters.
So, Lorna, if you are willing, I can give you the link to the image so you can add it to your first post here?

That would be great!

Lorna

Lurena wrote:

Thanks Lurena that worked!! I really like the image you created!!

OneSparePart
Orac. A mechanical liability.
There's an angel standing in the sun Free to get back home

Lurena

Lorna wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Thanks Lurena that worked!! I really like the image you created!!

Thank you for inserting the image in your first post Lorna!

While I was creating the image I found out that there is rarely a full view on Orac.
And another thing: Orac's innards change more times than I thought. I think it had a lot of loose parts and it was very prone to damage, or ... Avon was already secretly tinkering with it!
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
click here to see my heartfelt tribute to Paul Darrow, Kerr Avon Forever

Pilot53
Been thinking of building an ORAC duplicate...I'll need to price the materials including PERSPEX which here is expensive. I started to build the Liberator but due to lack of proper drawings etc I'm not able to. Used to be a 3d graphic artist here during the early days & he posted some magnificent photos of the Liberator which I saved as reference to help my build but years have passed & so I've lost all the data & photos. Seen models on eBay but very expensive. By the time u pay the currency exchange rate difference & add the postage it will cost almost $1k.
I'll get one one day....
Pilot53
Australia.
The Penal colony
Where Servalan is Supreme Commander
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.

Pilot53
[quote name=Pilot53 post=2090]Been thinking of building an ORAC duplicate...I'll need to price the materials including PERSPEX which here is expensive. I started to build the Liberator but due to lack of proper drawings etc I'm not able to. Used to be a 3d graphic artist here during the early days & he posted some magnificent photos of the Liberator which I saved as reference to help my build but years have passed & so I've lost all the data & photos. Seen models on eBay but very expensive. By the time u pay the currency exchange rate difference & add the postage it will cost almost $1k.
I'll get one one day....
Pilot53
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.

Jump to Forum