View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder Saturday 22nd June B12 The Keeper
M1795537OCVirn
Starting times: Aussies 7.30pm, UK 10.30am

B12 the Keeper
Vila plays the fool, successfully for once, while Travis is way ahead of everyone. It just takes Blake a while to realise it.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

M1795537OCVirn
Hi, sorry about the late arrival. Hope there's still someone out there!

M1795537OCVirn
Started. So they're on the trail, eh? Blake ignoring Avon's suggestion of total supremacy is a bit OTT. He's been bossing everyone around since they started. What he's saying is that he can't face that level of responsibility. Whereas Avon and Vila are seeing the possibilities...

M1795537OCVirn
There are 14 people lurking right now. Why not log in and enjoy the rewatch??

M1795537OCVirn
Great fight scene, eh? Blake gets a punch in the guts and proves he's a windbag, then knocks himself out on a rock.

M1795537OCVirn
Well, it was sort of a good idea, Avon, but it might have helped if you'd checked Travis was actually aboard when you blew up his ship. I'm sure Orac could have checked for you. You only had to ask.
Also, don't you think Blake would have preferred to sort Travis out himself? He's not going to be best pleased, is he?

M1795537OCVirn
Travis attempting to talk like the locals...I wouldn't have thought he had it in him.

M1795537OCVirn
Love that music - the low brassy menacing blast. Excellent.

M1795537OCVirn
No, Travis, this is Servalan. You don't talk to her the same way you've been talking to Gola.

M1795537OCVirn
I think Croucher did a reasonable job overall, but I really wish we'd had Greif for this episode. Brian simply isn't persuasive enough to rattle Servalan. She doesn't respond to being shouted at.

M1795537OCVirn
And while this is going on, Obsidian and AnneA are moving towards their rendezvous on Saran. At least, I hope so. And I hope they take photos.

M1795537OCVirn
This episode ought to settle the Avon - Cally thing, too. She has more sense!

M1795537OCVirn
Gola is great. Must have been fun to act a part where it was almost impossible to go too far with the testosterone.

M1795537OCVirn
What's Servalan hiding under that fur coat? She's making absolutely sure she holds it closed.

M1795537OCVirn
Nice 'prison' dialogue between Blake and Vila. Yes, I know I'm talking to myself here, but I think it's a fit punishment for not putting the thread up sooner.

M1795537OCVirn
Besides, if I'm the only one watching, I can go back and replay the bits with Servalan as often as I like.

M1795537OCVirn
The pivotal line - and so Shakespearean - 'It's a sad life, that of a fool'.
(The really sad bit is that all of us are fools, but most don't realise it in time).

M1795537OCVirn
What a lovely mother Tara must have been for Rod and Gola, with all that cackling. Also, if she had any influence at all, surely she could have had the old Charl (presumably her beloved husband) released, or at least given a few creature comforts. But maybe she still resents having had to pair-bond with him...oh, no, wait. She's going on about how brilliant their father is, so.... now I'm confused.

M1795537OCVirn
And at that point, Travisina phoned, so I had to leave the rewatch. Not that anyone would have noticed...well, it has been nice, listening to all your little plans and squabbles.... but I really do need to get back to RL. Bye!

Joe Dredd
Sorry MC, there wasn't an entry all day, so I assumed it was off this week. i didn't think to look in again at start time just in case.

I'm sorry to have missed it.

Joe Dredd

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

The pivotal line - and so Shakespearean - 'It's a sad life, that of a fool'.
(The really sad bit is that all of us are fools, but most don't realise it in time).

"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognised the fool." - Avon, Rumours of Death.

Joe Dredd

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

And while this is going on, Obsidian and AnneA are moving towards their rendezvous on Saran. At least, I hope so.

+Confirmed+

I've seen a photo, of sand (not the green kind). Although Obsidian did have to avoid a juvenile Space Rat, doing at least TD 12 in real time.

Joe Dredd

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Gola is great. Must have been fun to act a part where it was almost impossible to go too far with the testosterone.

Gola is played by Kiwi-born Bruce Purchase. He moved to the UK and was one of the founding members of Olivier's National Theatre. He was also the pirate captain in the Tom Baker Doctor Who story "The Pirate Planet."

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your Purchase.

M1795537OCVirn
Yeah, well, I can only apologise. I honestly thought I'd posted this thread after the UK Rewatch on Tuesday. But apparently not. Lesson learned, I hope - I've already done next week's.

Jump to Forum