View Thread
blakes7online » General Forums » Merchandise
 Print Thread
B7 magazine April 2024
Joe Dredd
Our friends at CultEdge are bringing us issue 23 of the B7 magazine!

i.imgur.com/cVuLTih.jpeg

Click here for a preview: https://twitter.com/cult_edge/status/1774813878334922874

Very much a follow-on from the official Marvel magazine, as the look and numbering will attest, but now in full colour! It includes a B7 comic strip based on "Rescue", looking rather Ian Kennedy-ish in parts, a text story, Ask Orac, a Blake's Junction 7 feature, Dorian poster, a 'post cards from Servalan' piece, an interview with Tony Attwood, an article on B7E's proposed animated B7, and more!

LastSpaceRat
Just fantastic news.

briggsy1
Will Vila's Gags be appearing?

LastSpaceRat
The latest on CultEdge's X feed is that the 124 page 'magazine' will have a UK price of £21.25 (plus postage and packing). This includes a donation to charity.

Joe Dredd

briggsy1 wrote:

Will Vila's Gags be appearing?

Personally, I'd like that - if they were decent jokes.

It's got an Ask Orac as well. I really hope they manage to strike the right tone.

Joe Dredd
The new B7 magazine, number 24 - I'm so glad to see they corrected it from 23! - is now available to order from Lulu:

https://www.lulu.com/shop/grahame-robertson/b7-magazine-24/paperback/product-p6ky6je.html?page=1&pageSize=4

LastSpaceRat
Thanks for posting the link.

EagleTen
Thanks so much for the link…order placed!

Just in case anyone is wondering…order to the UK, and using a 15% coupon, plus shipping and taxes, the total comes to £26.41…

Worth every penny! 👍🏼

Paula
There has been a problem ordering the zine for some. The 15% discount does not work for some people. Me included. I tried to order the zine three times yesterday but no go for the coupon being accepted. I'll try again later but I'd rather order it with the coupon than without. Other than that, it looks good.
Resist the Host

EagleTen

Paula wrote:

There has been a problem ordering the zine for some. The 15% discount does not work for some people. Me included. I tried to order the zine three times yesterday but no go for the coupon being accepted. I'll try again later but I'd rather order it with the coupon than without. Other than that, it looks good.

The coupon I used, WELCOME15 only seems to work for first orders, so I had to log out of my Lulu account, and then check out using guest checkout, and a different email address…

Do that, and the 15% coupon should work 👍🏼

Good luck…

LastSpaceRat
I've just received an email from Lulu with the code SUNSHINE15 for 15% off any printed book. "This promotion is for 15% off when ordering printed products at Lulu.com. Offer is valid through May 3, 2024."

Joe Dredd
Just popped in to say what LastSpaceRat has said: SUNSHINE15 is this week's discount code. If you've already been 'welcomed', the introductory WELCOME15 won't work.

briggsy1
I've ordered my copy today. Delivery expected in 10 days time.

Paula

LastSpaceRat wrote:

I've just received an email from Lulu with the code SUNSHINE15 for 15% off any printed book. "This promotion is for 15% off when ordering printed products at Lulu.com. Offer is valid through May 3, 2024."

I'll try that. Thank you!

Edit: It worked, Zine on its way! Many thanks.
Edited by Paula on 29-04-2024 18:57
Resist the Host

Joe Dredd
Sales have passed 500 issues, so there will be ANOTHER issue (no. 25) later in the year:

i.imgur.com/dmFRYgU.jpeg

X/Twitter announcement

LastSpaceRat

Joe Dredd wrote:

Sales have passed 500 issues, so there will be ANOTHER issue (no. 25) later in the year:

i.imgur.com/dmFRYgU.jpeg

X/Twitter announcement

That's just great!

Joe Dredd
I'm really pleased they added the "Terry Nation's" to the logo on both magazines. The logos on the books looked wrong to me.

Paula
Great news- 500 sold already! We are in a new golden age for our beloved B7.
Resist the Host

EagleTen
Brilliant news about the numbers...just shows there is still a massive following, and demand, for Blakes 7...(remastered Blu Ray, anyone???)...

My copy of issue 24 has just shipped, so I should have it by the end of the week! Smile

dodgyville
It looks great, they really nailed it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2413940/Liberat
OracVZen
Does anyone have a valid Lulu discount code?
I plan to live forever,or die trying.
Maximum Power

Paula
We got our copy of the B7 zine and just looking at it for a moment, it was gloriously full of content and photos even I had not seen before! Can't wait to get dug into it as it looks like a real winner. I'll be ordering the second zine when it comes out, to be sure!
Resist the Host

OracVZen

Paula wrote:

We got our copy of the B7 zine and just looking at it for a moment, it was gloriously full of content and photos even I had not seen before! Can't wait to get dug into it as it looks like a real winner. I'll be ordering the second zine when it comes out, to be sure!

Hi Paula,did you use a discount code?
OVZ
I plan to live forever,or die trying.
Maximum Power

EagleTen
My B7 issue 24 just arrived (5 days from my shipped email to it arriving...and that's with regular shipping selected, not expedited)...

It just oozes quality! you are all going to love it when it arrives...an amazing piece of work!

That's my Saturday evening sorted, as I read it from cover to cover...

Fingers crossed for everyone else's copy arriving soon!

briggsy1
I like the comic strip adaptation of Rescue. A few dialogue changes from the televised episode - were these in the original script or just added by Jonathan Helm? Also, a clever idea to only give us part one so we all have to buy the next magazine for the conclusion!

Paula

OracVZen wrote:

Paula wrote:

Hi Paula,did you use a discount code?
OVZ

Yes, I did. I used the SUNSHINE15 code, but that may not be useable now. The code changes often.
Resist the Host

LastSpaceRat
A review of the magazine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVS2t...VS2t6-MFlA with cat!

briggsy1
A review by Ian Marchant no less. Lovely to finally see his cat.

Jump to Forum