View Thread
blakes7online » Blake's 7 » B7 Classic
 Print Thread
Servalan
Lurena
i.imgur.com/PJiM4Ep.jpg

* Maximum power! *

Supreme Commander, later President of the Terran Federation.
Ambitious, cunning, glamorous and thoroughly evil.

M1795537OCVirn
Define 'evil'. And for that matter, 'thoroughly'.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

OneSparePart
In the Federation Space Dictionary & Phrase Book (FSDPCool, under "thoroughly evil": see Servalan...
There's an angel standing in the sun Free to get back home

M1795537OCVirn
Your circular referencing cuts no ice with me!

I looked it up in a proper independent dictionary for you:
'evil' means 'profound immorality and wickedness, especially when regarded as a supernatural force'. There's nothing supernatural about Servalan, so that doesn't apply in any way
'Immorality' means 'not conforming to accepted standards of morality' and of course a Supreme Commander cannot be limited by what is 'accepted', otherwise she'd never get anything done
'wicked' can have a variety of meanings, including 'playfully mischievous', as in 'a wicked sense of humour', which of course, Our Glorious Leader demonstrates so delightfully in her dealings with Avon in particular.

You can't quibble with the facts, OSP.

Lurena
The dictionary reads "especially", which indicates that "evil" can also apply in non-supernatural cases.
But then, I used the characterisation as used by Jacks Pearce herself.
She enjoyed playing the female baddy and entertained us, fans, proudly with her chats about it in panels and in private.
I've met her several times and I can assure you that she wasn't evil in real life.
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
click here to see my heartfelt tribute to Paul Darrow, Kerr Avon Forever

OneSparePart
M'Virn....lol
Thoroughly ruthless is perhaps a better description? Of Servalan, I mean.... Grin
There's an angel standing in the sun Free to get back home

Moon Disc

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

'evil' means 'profound immorality and wickedness, especially when regarded as a supernatural force'. There's nothing supernatural about Servalan, so that doesn't apply in any way

"Nothing supernatural about Servalan"? Oh, I don't know. There's some who say she's the devil in disguise Wink Grin

M1795537OCVirn

Moon Disc wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

"Nothing supernatural about Servalan"? Oh, I don't know. There's some who say she's the devil in disguise Wink Grin

Who are these people? Defamation of the President is a capital crime....

Jump to Forum