View Thread
blakes7online » Fan Activity » B7 Fanfic
 Print Thread
What's your favourite Blake's 7 Fan Fic?
wall1885
when Blake's 7 fan clubs arose in the early 1980's (were there any before then?) - Fan fiction was a big part of many of them (for better or worse).
Even up to date, with the recent release of the wonderful Scorpio Tales there's still a market out there for it.

Tell me about one of your favourite pieces of fan fic, is it still available?

One of my favourites was published in 1980 - called The Quibell Abduction by Lillian Shepherd.
The story is set during Series B after Countdown.
Avon and Cally go undercover to a Federation planet to obtain much-needed parts for the Liberator. Avon gets himself kidnapped and Cally rescue him.

I'm pretty sure this re reprinted and available from Horizon in the 1990's

fanlore.org/w/images/c/c8/Quibell.jpg

ellen york
One?! How long a list would you like? Smile

I used "Let There be Light" on the Advent Calendar a couple of years ago, so this time I'm going with "A Mile Away With Their Shoes". Gan and Orac are literally stuck together, which sounds like the start of a joke, but it is a good character study of them both.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/281...ks/2813261

Travisina

ellen york wrote:

One?! How long a list would you like? Smile

I used "Let There be Light" on the Advent Calendar a couple of years ago, so this time I'm going with "A Mile Away With Their Shoes". Gan and Orac are literally stuck together, which sounds like the start of a joke, but it is a good character study of them both.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/281...ks/2813261

Yes, it's excellent. Gets a recommend from me, too.
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
There have been so many fics I've loved over the years, most of which were in Horizon zines (no, really?), I'd be hard pushed to choose a favourite. Just a few of my faves:

'Making the Grade' by Sue Christian in Horizon Zine #13 - how Vila chose the wrong parents...

'Against My Ruins' by Gill Marsden in Horizon Zine #14 - a searing portrayal of what happened to Travis, narrated by his wife.
'On the Fifth Day' by Helen Parkinson (also in #14) - how Blake lost his eye.

In issue #15 - 'The Revenge of Haki' by Judith Rolls (now Galloway, our Website Mutoid) - Avon origin story, against a farming background.

NB Zines are still available from the Supreme Commander - send her a PM if you're interested!

M1795537OCVirn
Fun Fan Fiction - for me, you can't beat Neil Faulkner's 'Capcherd Agane' and 'How to be Topp on the Liberatar' - soon to be re-loaded to this site!
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

Travisina

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Fun Fan Fiction - for me, you can't beat Neil Faulkner's 'Capcherd Agane' and 'How to be Topp on the Liberatar' - soon to be re-loaded to this site!

Oh, I LOVE those! So clever and funny Grin

Supreme Commander

wall1885 wrote:

when Blake's 7 fan clubs arose in the early 1980's (were there any before then?) - Fan fiction was a big part of many of them (for better or worse).
Even up to date, with the recent release of the wonderful Scorpio Tales there's still a market out there for it.

Tell me about one of your favourite pieces of fan fic, is it still available?

One of my favourites was published in 1980 - called The Quibell Abduction by Lillian Shepherd.
The story is set during Series B after Countdown.
Avon and Cally go undercover to a Federation planet to obtain much-needed parts for the Liberator. Avon gets himself kidnapped and Cally rescue him.

I'm pretty sure this re reprinted and available from Horizon in the 1990's

fanlore.org/w/images/c/c8/Quibell.jpg

I remember the Quibell Abduction, which was indeed an excellent read. I do have my own copy but unless I'm mistaken this isn't one Horizon re-printed. You may be thinking of Port in a Storm, which we reprinted (with another story) as 'Best of Spacefall 1'.
"Some days are better than others, Section Leader"

http://blakes7online.com
Sally1958
Lots of fics are great: character build, story telling and more.

One of my favourite AU stories is Rojer by Xlos, which tells the story of what happens when Avon finds a baby Blake clone on the Clonemaster's world after the Intergalactic War.

It is a fascinating tale and I read it over and over. All Xlos' stories are good, she is a superb story teller

https://archiveofourown.org/works/4610646
Edited by Sally1958 on 29-01-2022 07:01
Musings from the desk of Nanna Sally

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
The Fb group asked for people's favourite fanfic and I nominated one of Vilakins works. Several other people slammed it and she deleted it.

I know that will not happen here.
I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me

Sally1958

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

The Fb group asked for people's favourite fanfic and I nominated one of Vilakins works. Several other people slammed it and she deleted it.

Vilakins is brilliant - many of them very funny. Which was the story you recommended?
Musings from the desk of Nanna Sally

Ulera

Sally1958 wrote:

One of my favourite AU stories is Rojer by Xlos, which tells the story of what happens when Avon finds a baby Blake clone on the Clonemaster's world after the Intergalactic War.

It is a fascinating tale and I read it over and over. All Xlos' stories are good, she is a superb story teller

Oh no, it's vile slash - thanks but no thanks.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz

Sally1958 wrote:

Vilakins is brilliant - many of them very funny. Which was the story you recommended?

It was a filk version of Captain Beaky.
It took me back to my carefree sixth form days.

Travisina

Sally1958 wrote:

I love Captain Beaky! There's a great animated version here: Capt Beaky
I've always thought of them as B7 characters, I didn't know Vilakins had made a filk. Do you have a link to it? She's not put it on AO3.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz

Travisina wrote:

Sally1958 wrote:

I love Captain Beaky! There's a great animated version here: Capt Beaky
I've always thought of them as B7 characters, I didn't know Vilakins had made a filk. Do you have a link to it? She's not put it on AO3.

Sadly no. After I has suggested it on the FB B7 fanfic page, a couple of people decided to be very obnoxious about it and she deleted it.

There has been so many B7 fics lost due to Hip Deep in Heros not bring uploaded as welll.

bunn1cula

Sally1958 wrote:

This is one of my favorites as well, Sally. x_los is stupendously talented (and wrote a Big Finish title!), and I found that particular story incredibly affecting the last time I reread it not long ago.

Re: Vilakins and FB, that is extremely upsetting fan behavior, and I'm really sorry to hear it resulted in a writer deleting a work. I'm not sure which story was recommended, but I have a link to that writer's website fic repository if anyone is interested.

My favorite fanfic has to be Judith Proctor's "Morgan." I was lucky enough to find a copy on eBay last year and it is a cherished part of my growing collection of B7 zines.

Jump to Forum