Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,308
· Newest Rebel: Rachel_4_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [46 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [35 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [27 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 209
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
A Blast(er) from the past…
EagleTen
I came across this old gem yesterday, at the back of a dusty old cupboard, of all places, from my very early Horizon membership days…

A fabulous interview booklet, as produced and edited by Diane, from 1988, when we were all spring chickens! Smile

i.imgur.com/zQOu7s6.jpg

i.imgur.com/bEnBCoJ.jpg

i.imgur.com/mLpYQzp.jpg

A work of art, from nearly 34 years ago! Just goes to show how popular Horizon, and Blake’s 7 are to survive the rigours of time… Smile

wall1885
brilliant find. I've got a full set of the Horizon Newletter/magazine plus about 8 of the Horizon fanfic magazines - I think you've just inspired me to dig them out and give them a re read

BradPaula
I still have my booklet! And most, if not all of the rest of the cashe from years gone by!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Supreme Commander
EagleTen wrote:

I came across this old gem yesterday, at the back of a dusty old cupboard, of all places, from my very early Horizon membership days…

A fabulous interview booklet, as produced and edited by Diane, from 1988, when we were all spring chickens! Smile

i.imgur.com/zQOu7s6.jpg

i.imgur.com/bEnBCoJ.jpg

i.imgur.com/mLpYQzp.jpg

A work of art, from nearly 34 years ago! Just goes to show how popular Horizon, and Blake’s 7 are to survive the rigours of time… Smile

Funny that you should post this now as I've had several requests for it and had been thinking about doing what would be its third re-print. It was updated and slightly re-edited after we'd sold out of the original edition and it seems a shame not to give it one more 'outing'. I'd even got as far as getting a printing quote for it and was going to get a second quote to see how feasible it is.

Would anyone out there be interested in a copy if I did?

The now-sold-out 2nd reprint contains all the interviews that appeared in the Horizon newsletters between 1980 and 1985 (up to #17) professionally reprinted with new artwork by Tim Pieraccini and a beautiful photo collage cover.

Biographies and in-depth interviews with: Jacqueline Pearce, Steven Pacey, Lorna Heilbron, Josette Simon, Jan Chappell, Geoffrey Burridge, Michael Keating, Peter Tuddenham, Glynis Barber, Mat Irvine, Brian Croucher, Sheelagh Wells, Paul Darrow and Sally Knyvette.

I'd also intended to do an 'Interviews 2' with the interviews we did after Newsletter #17 but that would require rather more planning/typing/re-editing. I also have at least 5 never-before-published-anywhere interviews that were recorded with the intention to have them in future newsletters but alas our final printed newsletter/magazine was #40 in 2001 and so they remain unpublished. They were intended to be part of a 'Blake's 7 20 years on series of interviews and included asking the cast some of the same questions we asked in our original interview but with the benefit of 20+ years of hindsight to see what had changed in their perceptions of their characters (for example.)

Supreme Commander
wall1885 wrote:

brilliant find. I've got a full set of the Horizon Newletter/magazine plus about 8 of the Horizon fanfic magazines - I think you've just inspired me to dig them out and give them a re read

I'll be interested to know how they've stood the test of time - if you still enjoy reading them as much as you did all those years ago.

I still have stocks of almost all the fanzines/fan fiction plus all newsletters from issue 26 onwards plus a few of the earlier ones. So if you want to fill in any gaps just let me know and I'll send the list to you (or indeed to anyone interested.)

I love re-reading our newsletter convention and event reviews - they bring back so many wonderful memories and make me laugh at the insane things I got up to whilst running the club (trying to post around 1,200 copies of the latest newsletter during a postal strike where 90% of all the postboxes (and I think all the actual post-offices) in England were sealed up and I had to drive round looking for letterboxes to post them in. One regular sized letterbox could fit maybe 75 newsletters into it so you can see my problem...

Travisina
Supreme Commander wrote:
(trying to post around 1,200 copies of the latest newsletter during a postal strike where 90% of all the postboxes (and I think all the actual post-offices) in England were sealed up and I had to drive round looking for letterboxes to post them in. One regular sized letterbox could fit maybe 75 newsletters into it so you can see my problem...

...and on one memorable occasion, to save the cost of overseas postage to American members, fellow Horizon staffer Nic and I took 7 (yes, SEVEN) suitcases of Newsletters to post in New York (via Baltimore - don't ask)...
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

EagleTen
Above and beyond by all of you Horizon staffers! Oh, the stories you could tell! Smile

Supreme Commander
EagleTen wrote:

Above and beyond by all of you Horizon staffers! Oh, the stories you could tell! Smile

We certainly could EagleTen - but then (as the saying goes) we'd have to kill you. Angry Wink

dragonq
I would be happy to buy a copy if you do one. The other alternative, of course, is to produce it as an ebook. No suitcases necessary.

EagleTen
Supreme Commander wrote:

EagleTen wrote:

We certainly could EagleTen - but then (as the saying goes) we'd have to kill you. Angry Wink

What happens in Baltimore, stays in Baltimore…apparently!! LOL

One Spare Part
dragonq wrote:

No suitcases necessary.

Isn't that the title of a Phil Collins solo album...? Lol Wink
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Skaro_Bujj
dragonq wrote:

I would be happy to buy a copy if you do one. The other alternative, of course, is to produce it as an ebook. No suitcases necessary.

You could also turn previous copies into PDF by taking pictures of each page to turn it into an EBook. Smile
Angry Bujj Angry

Cygnus Bazza
One Spare Part wrote:

dragonq wrote:

No suitcases necessary.

That's a world-class joke, to be fair.

One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

dragonq wrote:

No suitcases necessary.

That's a world-class joke, to be fair.

Somebody appreciates me! GrinGrinGrin
My next good joke will be in 5 years time....
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

EagleTen
I've marked the date on my calendar! LOL

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 4.81 seconds
36,650,712 unique visits since 8th January 2014