Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 17

· Rebels Active: 1
Hugbot

· Total Rebels: 1,308
· Newest Rebel: Rachel_4_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [46 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [35 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [27 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 209
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia - C2 Powerplay Sat 31st July
AnneArthur
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I think one of the things I love about this episode is that you genuinely think Tarrant is Federation right up until the end.

One of my best things is the name 'Clegg' Perfect. Clegs are horrible things. Don't know if you have them downunder - a fly that doesn't buzz, so you aren't expecting the bite.

I rather think he has his doubts about Tarrant, but is not sure that he isn't just a well-connected pretty boy officer.

AnneArthur
Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I think one of the things I love about this episode is that you genuinely think Tarrant is Federation right up until the end.

One of my best things is the name 'Clegg' Perfect. Clegs are horrible things. Don't know if you have them downunder - a fly that doesn't buzz, so you aren't expecting the bite.

It's what I would use. It might be Scottish?

Just checked – Horse Flies. Yes, we have them, but I don't think I've ever heard the term Cleg before.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

What are these people based on? Ancient Egypt? Central America?

More Central America than Egypt but this show is remarkably cross-cultural. Just depends what was available in the BBC props department.

See also 'Horizon', 'The Keeper' etc

Horizon is brilliantly South American with all the feathers. I love the costumes. I just love the eps with Egyptian appliqués where – if you know where to look – you can see the Arabic.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I've not heard of those. On Kibbutz (northern Israel) there were horrible little flies called 'Barchashim'. Tiny, silent and very bite-y, especially in the watermelon fields. Travelled in swarms.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

M1795537 OC Virn
AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I rather think he has his doubts about Tarrant, but is not sure that he isn't just a well-connected pretty boy officer.

Isn't that exactly what Tarrant is/was?
You're not sulking, I hope?

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Any minute now...SERVALAN! So confident she still gets what she wants even if nobody knows who she is.

Dressed in her least flattering outfit - Dayna's spare frock.
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

mrsbookmark
I need a Federation patch for my clothes.

Obsidian
AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

He does look just like that – well-connected, pretty boy officer. Don't see much evidence otherwise IMHO. Grin

Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

More Central America than Egypt but this show is remarkably cross-cultural. Just depends what was available in the BBC props department.

Horizon is brilliantly South American with all the feathers. I love the costumes. I just love the eps with Egyptian appliqués where – if you know where to look – you can see the Arabic.

Ooh - please point those out to me - I can read Arabic!
My views are my own.

mrsbookmark
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Isn't that exactly what Tarrant is/was?

Pretty much. At least, they make it seem that way until we learn more.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Any minute now...SERVALAN! So confident she still gets what she wants even if nobody knows who she is.

A shocker. Probably belonged to Dayna's mum.

Travisina
mrsbookmark wrote:

I need a Federation patch for my clothes.

You used to be able to buy those through various fan clubs etc.
My views are my own.

ClareGC
Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Lol. Good to know my eclectic cultural education comes from whatever was found in the BBC props department.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Ooh - please point those out to me - I can read Arabic!

Cygnus Alpha and The Keeper both have them. And, thankfully, it's not the same one. Not sure if there are others.

Travisina
Uh-oh, Vila's gone the wrong way. I love this location!
My views are my own.

AnneArthur
Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

A shocker. Probably belonged to Dayna's mum.

Maybe Dayna's own attempt at dressmaking?

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I've not heard of those. On Kibbutz (northern Israel) there were horrible little flies called 'Barchashim'. Tiny, silent and very bite-y, especially in the watermelon fields. Travelled in swarms.

aka 'Notch-horned cleg fly' if you're intrested. https://www.wildl...-horse-fly
You're not sulking, I hope?

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Uh-oh, Vila's gone the wrong way. I love this location!

I like the location too. Do you remember where it is?

AnneArthur
I love this landscape Vila is marooned in - all the rocks and ferns.

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

aka 'Notch-horned cleg fly' if you're intrested. https://www.wildl...-horse-fly

I am interested! The things one learns on B7 rewatches Grin
My views are my own.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.83 seconds
36,667,624 unique visits since 8th January 2014