Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 1
littlesue

· Total Rebels: 1,295
· Newest Rebel: Skaro_Bujj

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia - B11 Gambit Sat 3rd July
Obsidian
mrsbookmark wrote:

Sorry I got in late today and could't join.
I hope your are better meegat.

Glad you could make it anyway MrsB. I hope all is well with you.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

What's a Wolford?

Pantyhose/stockings.

Obsidian
AnneArthur wrote:

Hats are very 'in' on the lower levels of Freedom City.

They like dress-ups. And note that Avon's touched up his eyeliner especially.

M1795537 OC Virn
Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

The "cities" in B7 are either very small or very large. They encompass entire planets. I always find it difficult to work out how the cities are the size of continents and the continents are the size of planets. I know it's sci-fi but I still have difficulty getting my head around it.

I think it reflect the planetaary conditions: if you can't live outside, you have to build a dome of some sort (terraforming is so expensive) so the dome= the city = the planet. Or by this time, maybe people are so used to living in domes they build them just for the convenience?

It's really just a bit of fictional conceit and convenience, sadly.

You see, I think Travis is going 'outside' to where the planet hoppers are parked, but that's just outside the one bar on the planet/city and Krantor's nightclub is the only one. There's no sense that there are other 'cities'/domes.

I think it's more like a bigger version of a shopping centre/mall. 'Outside' spaces are still within the dome. Easier to get from the entertainment district to the spaceport that way...
You're not sulking, I hope?

Obsidian
Docholli is definitely The Jolly Swagman in his sheepy get-up.

AnneArthur
I didn't need to see Avon spitting his dinner out.

Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

The "cities" in B7 are either very small or very large. They encompass entire planets. I always find it difficult to work out how the cities are the size of continents and the continents are the size of planets. I know it's sci-fi but I still have difficulty getting my head around it.

I think it reflect the planetaary conditions: if you can't live outside, you have to build a dome of some sort (terraforming is so expensive) so the dome= the city = the planet. Or by this time, maybe people are so used to living in domes they build them just for the convenience?

You see, I think Travis is going 'outside' to where the planet hoppers are parked, but that's just outside the one bar on the planet/city and Krantor's nightclub is the only one. There's no sense that there are other 'cities'/domes.

I think it's more like a bigger version of a shopping centre/mall. 'Outside' spaces are still within the dome. Easier to get from the entertainment district to the spaceport that way...

The planet must still only be the size of a Westfield shopping centre. Ahhhhhhh!

Obsidian
AnneArthur wrote:

I didn't need to see Avon spitting his dinner out.

His dessert.

Obsidian
Avon is very urbane in this ep. Things are about to change.

M1795537 OC Virn
Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

The planet must still only be the size of a Westfield shopping centre. Ahhhhhhh!

They probably utilise otherwise valueless asteroids (the ones without crystal mines) in strategic locations so it needn't be a big place.

meegat39
Great rewatch all! Thanks. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, whatever you are doing xx
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldn’t have been made if we hadn’t got on. Our working relationship was magic.

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

Hi everyone,
Just popping by to say hello. Got to run an errand for the in-laws, so I'll be missing this week's rewatch again. One of my fave episodes, too, sigh.

Oh well, needs must and I'll catch up with the thread later. Have fun, and stay well. Meegat, hope you're fully recovered from your bout of Covid?

PS Doesn't 'Delta-plus-variant-mutated-virus' sound like something Terry Nation would come up with? Shock
PPS And if further proof were needed that we're living in a parallel universe, Canada is the hottest place on the planet and England are through to the Euros 1/4 final...

Sorry you couldn't join us Travisina! Yes I am better now thanks from the Covid. Sons number 1 and 2 both have it though, plus hubby caught it earlier in the week. Hubby has fared the worst out of us all and is still not back to normal, sons and I had a mild case. Yes Delta variant does sound like something Terry would come up with!
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldn’t have been made if we hadn’t got on. Our working relationship was magic.

Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

You see, I think Travis is going 'outside' to where the planet hoppers are parked, but that's just outside the one bar on the planet/city and Krantor's nightclub is the only one. There's no sense that there are other 'cities'/domes.[/quote]

I think it's more like a bigger version of a shopping centre/mall. 'Outside' spaces are still within the dome. Easier to get from the entertainment district to the spaceport that way...[/quote]

The planet must still only be the size of a Westfield shopping centre. Ahhhhhhh![/quote]

They probably utilise otherwise valueless asteroids (the ones without crystal mines) in strategic locations so it needn't be a big place.[/quote]

Stuck forever in Indooroopilly Shoppingtown. All hard floors and hard edges and a lot of chain stores...

Give me Albian, Obsidian or any of those other planets.

No. I still haven't worked it out and it's too late in the day to worry.

AnneArthur
A fun episode, that one! Thanks for the rewatch, and hope everyone has a good weekend.

Obsidian
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Hi everyone,
Just popping by to say hello. Got to run an errand for the in-laws, so I'll be missing this week's rewatch again. One of my fave episodes, too, sigh.

Oh well, needs must and I'll catch up with the thread later. Have fun, and stay well. Meegat, hope you're fully recovered from your bout of Covid?

PS Doesn't 'Delta-plus-variant-mutated-virus' sound like something Terry Nation would come up with? Shock
PPS And if further proof were needed that we're living in a parallel universe, Canada is the hottest place on the planet and England are through to the Euros 1/4 final...

Sorry you couldn't join us Travisina! Yes I am better now thanks from the Covid. Sons number 1 and 2 both have it though, plus hubby caught it earlier in the week. Hubby has fared the worst out of us all and is still not back to normal, sons and I had a mild case. Yes Delta variant does sound like something Terry would come up with!

Hi Meegat. That doesn't sound good at all. Had your husband had both his vaccine shots too? There's talk here of a 3rd, booster, shot, but that's possibly all it is – talk.

Have you got someone shopping for you etc?

Mxx

M1795537 OC Virn
Gambit's always enjoyable, and watching it with such great company makes it even better.
Hope you all have a great weekend - see you next time I hope.

Obsidian
AnneArthur wrote:

A fun episode, that one! Thanks for the rewatch, and hope everyone has a good weekend.

It's a good one indeed. TYou have a good weekend too, Anne. See you next time.

Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Gambit's always enjoyable, and watching it with such great company makes it even better.
Hope you all have a great weekend - see you next time I hope.

See you next time Ms Virn. You must enlighten us more about your cadets. Hope you've been picking up pointers from Travis as to how NOT to do it. Bye!

meegat39
Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi Meegat. That doesn't sound good at all. Had your husband had both his vaccine shots too? There's talk here of a 3rd, booster, shot, but that's possibly all it is – talk.

Mxx

Yes he's had both his vaccines. It appears that they don't stop you from catching it, it just seems to reduce the severity. So we were out of isolation until yesterday so have been going about our business. I will have to ring Track n trace in a minute to try to get their ruling overturned. I have a recorded message from someone else from there saying we don't have to isolate again it's only the affected parties and anyone who hasn't had it within the household. John's okay, just a bit wiped out, he is slowly getting back to normal. Have a great weekend Z xx

Obsidian
meegat39 wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Hi everyone,

Mxx

Yes he's had both his vaccines. It appears that they don't stop you from catching it, it just seems to reduce the severity. So we were out of isolation until yesterday so have been going about our business. I will have to ring Track n trace in a minute to try to get their ruling overturned. I have a recorded message from someone else from there saying we don't have to isolate again it's only the affected parties and anyone who hasn't had it within the household. John's okay, just a bit wiped out, he is slowly getting back to normal. Have a great weekend Z xx

Take care Meegat. What an awful way for you all to spend your early Summer. I hope you'll still be able to make the Bristol Beer and B7. And hopefully see you again soon on Zoom. Mxx

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.17 seconds
35,302,587 unique visits since 8th January 2014