Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,295
· Newest Rebel: Skaro_Bujj

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
UK Rewatch - B12 The Keeper
trevor travis
The episode: Barney Twelve – The Keeper (Carry On Space Camping)
The date: Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which someone actually notices that Jenna is a beautiful woman. Unfortunately, it’s the head of the local Rent-A-Tribe from the tents of Goth (I assume the caravans of Goth would have cost too much). Meanwhile, the search for Star One continues, Vila gets to play the fool, the S-shaped tree appears (which is still there and still instantly recognisable), and Avon and Cally have a major lovers tiff.

Episode in a word: Intense (since In Tents would be two words).
Characters to cheer: Gola* is rather wonderful, with Bruce Purchase ideal casting for this somewhat larger-than-life role. And, for once, Travis is one step ahead of Servie, rather than the other way around.
Character to boo: Cally, for stopping Avon from shooting down Servalan’s ship, which happened to contain Travis. That would have saved a whole load of hassle in the next episode.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Recognisable Face: Not long before this, Bruce Purchase (Gola) was the Pirate Captain in the Doctor Who serial “The Pirate Planet”. He even had a Robot Space Parrot. I kid you not.
Best line: “I may not kill you after all. A lifetime with Gola would be very educational for you.” Just beats: “Don't leave me here, at least leave me a torch. I don't like the dark. I like to see what I'm scared of.”

Blake's 7 will return in… Carry On Space Pizza Monsters

* Other brands of trainers are available.

JustBrad
Dear Mum,

Would you believe Space Vikings? I wouldn’t have either. They call themselves Goth, but no one wears dark eye makeup, has weird piercings, or listens to The Cure. They live underground on account of the smell. I think it’s the smell of lots of Space Vikings living underground slowly filtering to the surface and fermenting.

There’s Gola, the chief, kind of a Space Viking version of Reverend Vargas from Cygnus Alpha. not as menacing, but just as shouty. There’s Tara, who reminds me of Cackling Old Aunt Greta who used to work for that old Count up in the Carpathian mountains, and hang around the village of Carlstadt warning people ‘don’t go near the castle.’ And then there’s the old man in the dungeon who reminds me of old Uncle Micheael. You remember him, he used to wander up and down the beach muttering, “It’s!”

Anyway, Jenna and I got captured by the Space Vikings. Gola, the chief, wanted to pair bond with her. That’s not amazing. What’s amazing is that he’s the first man we’ve run into in all the galaxy who admits it. He took her dancing, bought her jewelry, told her she was beautiful, you know, all the thighs Blake never does. I’ve got to hand it to Jenna. She handled herself well. In no time at all she had the chief wrapped around her little finger, and without any messy pair bonding.

I tried to get Jenna to ask for a little wedding present, namely Servalan’s head on a stick, I’m sure Gola would have delivered for her, but I don’t think she heard me with all the shouting going on.

Anyway, Jenna nearly wound up queen of the Space Vikings. Me? I nearly wound up a Space Jester.

Turns out my rival jester is the only one who knew the secret we came to find out, so now it’s off to Star One. If all goes well, by this time next week the Federation will be finished, and I will be on my way home.

Love, Vila
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Hugbot
JustBrad wrote:

she was beautiful, you know, all the thighs

Freudian slip? Pfft Steady!!

Cygnus Bazza
Well, well, well. The thighs have it, as they say. I vote Paula does one of those inkspot tests on Brad. The results could be extremely enlightening.

GanMiniMe
Lol, I thought the same about the thighs bit! I think your predictive text has given us a little insight into what you normally like to write about...
Love the “Uncle Michael” joke, too! I’m glad I’m not the only one who calls them Space Vikings!

JustBrad
Well, at least I know who is actually reading the letters. Pfft

Tell me, do you all really expect Vila to have perfect spelling?
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Lorna
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

Well, well, well. The thighs have it, as they say. I vote Paula does one of those inkspot tests on Brad. The results could be extremely enlightening.

GrinGrin

JustBrad
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

1. Jenna
2. Jenna
3. Jenna
4. Jenna
5. Jenna
6. Del Grant, but he's not ginger.
7. Jenna
8. A Welsh Street Sign
9. Ow

Cygnus Bazza
JustBrad wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

1. Jenna
2. Jenna
3. Jenna
4. Jenna
5. Jenna
6. Del Grant, but he's not ginger.
7. Jenna
8. A Welsh Street Sign
9. Ow

I think some sort of pattern may be starting to emerge, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Further analysis is needed, but no.9 sounds like a case study in itself.

Hugbot
Living in spitting distance of the Danish border, I always wonder about the flag display outside the Tents of Goth...

i.imgur.com/Qwspw0f.jpg

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

Living in spitting distance of the Danish border, I always wonder about the flag display outside the Tents of Goth...

i.imgur.com/Qwspw0f.jpg

Vila told you. Space Vikings.

Although the story plays out more like Lear than Hamlet.

Orac v zen
Hello everyone,hope you all ok,we probably won't be able to join you all tonight.
Suzy not well,we might watch but I won't be able to type as keep an eye on her.
Also just fitted a new router and getting it up and running can't keep typing on this phone.
So all of you enjoy tonight,we try watch with you in bed and offline.
Seek-locate-destroy (B7)
I Plan To Live Forever Or Die Trying! (B7)
Give me Maximum power!! (B7)
CAN YOU FEEL THE VIBES,,,,,,BABY,,yeah (Kawasaki Versys 650)
Go For The Head!!!! (Shaun of the Dead)

Orac v zen
If we watch with you offline,we check comments tomorrow lol
Seek-locate-destroy (B7)
I Plan To Live Forever Or Die Trying! (B7)
Give me Maximum power!! (B7)
CAN YOU FEEL THE VIBES,,,,,,BABY,,yeah (Kawasaki Versys 650)
Go For The Head!!!! (Shaun of the Dead)

One Spare Part
Orac v zen wrote:

Hello everyone,hope you all ok,we probably won't be able to join you all tonight.
Suzy not well,we might watch but I won't be able to type as keep an eye on her.
Also just fitted a new router and getting it up and running can't keep typing on this phone.
So all of you enjoy tonight,we try watch with you in bed and offline.

I hope you guys manage to join us but if not take care and enjoy the space vikings!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Iain Short
Have an enjoyable rewatch everybody, not well enough to join you tonight - but hope to be next week for one of my favourite eps ever.

First saw this episode on a pirated VHS tape in the 1980s (my Mother was VERY good at 'acquiring' things). Have to say though, this ep (while I do love it and it finally gives Jenna something to do...) This and VFTP are the two that I think sort of let down series two. Otherwise my favourite season.

Hope to be here next week for the amazing Star One. Enjoy the rewatch guys.

Lurena
Hello All! I'm sorry but I have an unexpected work meet. I can not join this rewatch, but I will read your comments later tonight.
Actually, I hate to miss this episode as it it a good one!
Have fun!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories and *my PD as Kerr Avon Tribute*
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
JustBrad
I've had a heck of a day and almost forgot about this.

JustBrad
Iain Short wrote:

Have an enjoyable rewatch everybody, not well enough to join you tonight - but hope to be next week for one of my favourite eps ever.

First saw this episode on a pirated VHS tape in the 1980s (my Mother was VERY good at 'acquiring' things). Have to say though, this ep (while I do love it and it finally gives Jenna something to do...) This and VFTP are the two that I think sort of let down series two. Otherwise my favourite season.

Hope to be here next week for the amazing Star One. Enjoy the rewatch guys.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Iain.

littlesue
Just getting ready with me tea, biccies and choccie.
I missed this episode first time round 'cos I was in hospital having daughter number 2...and back then they didn't have TVs on the wards!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

M1795537 OC Virn
Orac v Zen, Iain and Lurena - we'll miss you tonight. Hope to hear from you next time. Take care.
You're not sulking, I hope?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.63 seconds
35,260,669 unique visits since 8th January 2014