Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,294
· Newest Rebel: jds12

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Reading Pratchett: Lords and Ladies - 13th May
Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Lords and Ladies also introduces us to Agnes Nitt, aka Perdita - who runs off to be an opera singer in Maskerade.

I love all the names the girls give themselves because they're trying to be witches!

What would you pick for your witch name?

Ooh, good question. I'll have to think about that. I use 'Cassiona' as my Weight Watchers pseudonym, 'cos it's a Blake's 7 planet (prize if you know - without looking it up - in which episode it's mentioned), and that could be quite a good witch name if I can't come up with anything else.

Rats. It's not even in the Programme Guide!

No, I can’t think either!

Dunno what I’d have for a witch name, either. I shall have to think too. Is that our homework for next time?

Yes, let's do that! I'll try to come up with an alternative to Cassiona.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Lords and Ladies also introduces us to Agnes Nitt, aka Perdita - who runs off to be an opera singer in Maskerade.

I love all the names the girls give themselves because they're trying to be witches!

The names, the way they dress - Pratchett has such a great understanding not only of women, but teenage girls.

When I was 13, my 3 best friends and I formed a secret society called 'GASO' which stood for Ghosts, Astrology, Spirits and Occult. Our symbol was a gas can (they were American, so gas = petrol). We used to hold pretend seances and try to spend time in haunted houses. Which were in short supply, as our neighbourhood (just outside Jerusalem) was so brand new they were still building it!

You never know, there might have been a ghostly builder or two! I’m quite envious that you had 3 best friends to have a secret society with. At that age I was still hanging round with purely imaginary people (very secret society indeed, you might say.)

Aw, that's sad. M...Virn and I are your secret society now, aren't we?

Isn't that even sadder??
You're not sulking, I hope?

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

The names, the way they dress - Pratchett has such a great understanding not only of women, but teenage girls.

When I was 13, my 3 best friends and I formed a secret society called 'GASO' which stood for Ghosts, Astrology, Spirits and Occult. Our symbol was a gas can (they were American, so gas = petrol). We used to hold pretend seances and try to spend time in haunted houses. Which were in short supply, as our neighbourhood (just outside Jerusalem) was so brand new they were still building it!

You never know, there might have been a ghostly builder or two! I’m quite envious that you had 3 best friends to have a secret society with. At that age I was still hanging round with purely imaginary people (very secret society indeed, you might say.)

Isn't that even sadder??

What does Stormy think?
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Yes. So secret we’ve plastered ourselves all over t’interweb…

Travisina
This has been a lot of fun (and a welcome distraction), but I need to go now. Got some work to finish, and I've not yet had supper.

Who'd like to choose the next book?
My views are my own.

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Isn't that even sadder??

What does Stormy think?

I think we need badges. All the best secret societies have badges.

M1795537 OC Virn
What's left of the ones you have, Stormy?

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

This has been a lot of fun (and a welcome distraction), but I need to go now. Got some work to finish, and I've not yet had supper.

Who'd like to choose the next book?

Same with work. I don’t mind which (witch?) book we read next. You pick.

M1795537 OC Virn
Sorry - forgot to add the quote - which of the Pratchetts you have left, Stormy...

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I has Carpe Jugulum, The Last Continent, a few others… the Carpet People, but that isn’t Discworld…

Travisina
Shall we continue the Witchery with Carpe Jugulum? (I was going to suggest 'Soul Music' but can't find my copy at the moment)
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I has Carpe Jugulum, The Last Continent, a few others… the Carpet People, but that isn’t Discworld…

Your call

M1795537 OC Virn
Carpe's OK here. see you next time - someday in June?

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

How about 24th June?
And Stormy - if the trains are running and everything else is okay, do you fancy the Welwyn 2020 Walk on Sunday 27th June?
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

How about 24th June?
And Stormy - if the trains are running and everything else is okay, do you fancy the Welwyn 2020 Walk on Sunday 27th June?

OOO! Midsummer!!!

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

How about 24th June?

Yes and yes. If I’m bringing Magnus, I’ll drive down anyway. I don’t trust him not to pee (or worse) on the train!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.77 seconds
35,201,992 unique visits since 8th January 2014