Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,283
· Newest Rebel: Cathy Turland

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 202
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
UK Rewatch - B5 Pressure Point
trevor travis
The episode: Barney Five – Pressure Point (Carry On Guessing And Hoping)
The date: Tuesday, May 4th, 2021
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which Blake believes in his own invincibility and a member of his crew pays the ultimate price as a result. Before that, Gan and Avon survive close skirmishes with death in what is clearly a foolhardy mission; and David Maloney (the man tasked to make a complicated sci-fi series on a shoestring) must have been rubbing his hands with glee when the big reveal at the end of the episode is a nice, big, cheap empty room!

Episode in a word: Hubris.
Character to cheer: Jenna. The boys decide, as this is a really dangerous mission, that they’ll teleport down, and leave Jenna and Cally on the Libby. Fortunately, Jenna is having none of it. She manages to capture Servie, free Veron, and set off after Blake and Travis. Travis hares along to the empty room, out of breath. Moments later, Jenna, Servie and Veron turn up, fresh as a daisy. Jenna has even gives Servie time to change into that dress which has the dead salamander clinging onto her chest. Clearly, Jenna was sensible enough to see the sign “LIFT DOWN TO MAIN CONTROL ROOM” that both Blake and Travis ignored.
Character to boo: Blake. Absolutely no doubt about this one. He presses on with his plan, despite it being clear that things are going very wrong. In particular, there’s the scene with Gan inside the church ruins, where Gan warns Blake that “the risks are doubled now” and “you’re guessing, Blake, guessing and hoping”. Blake overrides Gan’s concerns and the inevitable happens. And then Blake goes and leaves Veron all alone in the Forbidden Zone. Worst rebel leader. Ever.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Recognisable Face: Yolande Palfrey (Veron) played a waitress, Janet, in “Doctor Who: Terror Of The Vervoids”, which was part of the messy Trial Of A Time Lord season in 1986. Sadly, she died a few years ago, while still only in her 50s. Incidentally, she was 21 when she played the role of Veron.
Best line: “You see, it's the great illusion, Blake. You give substance and credibility to an empty room, and the real thing becomes undetectable, virtually invisible.”

Blake's 7 will return in… Carry On Philosophical Flea.

JustBrad
Dear Mum,

How to sum up my day? I know…. Bugger.

The good news is I’m all right. The bad news is, I’m not really all right. Things will never be the same.

Blake took us to Earth, to attack control, apparently because it’s supposed to be impossible. And it was. Blake promised to call everything off if it looked like we had less than an even chance. Given what he thinks an even chance is, I’d like to play poker with him.

And yet it was all going so well. Yes, there were setbacks, like the Feds capturing our contacts, and nearly capturing us thanks to a little too much soma. But Blake pressed on.

We got into the Forbidden Zone, which was kind of like running the obstacle course for mandatory physical training at reform school. Only these had even bigger booby traps than the ones at reform school. There was sprinting, ladders, monkey bars. Get one wrong and you're dead. It was almost enough to make me wish I hadn’t skipped all the Physical Training days…. Almost.

I’ve got to hand it to the Feds. They essentially put up a big sign that says, “Valuable, Keep Out.” And then they hid the goods somewhere else. Like a mark who has a big safe in his drawing room, but buried the family jewels in the cabbage patch.

So we went through all that work to find an empty room, with Travis waiting for us. Fortunately, Jenna showed up. She had hooked up with Veron, (one of our contacts), and captured Servalan. I’m glad she came down for us, but why did she give Servalan time to change clothes? Priorities, I guess.

So we didn’t get what we wanted, and the Feds didn’t get what they wanted, namely, all of us. Blake left Veron behind to help organize the resistance on Earth. We left her right in the middle of…

Oh, dear. We left her right in the middle of…

Too late now. I’ve got a lot on my mind, but I can’t write about it yet. Sorry. If only Gan hadn’t chosen that moment to show us his Hodor impression.

I’m going for a lie down. I don’t even want a Soma.

Love, Via.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...And then Blake goes and leaves Veron all alone in the Forbidden Zone. Worst rebel leader. Ever.

Recognisable Face: Yolande Palfrey (Veron) played a waitress, Janet, in “Doctor Who: Terror Of The Vervoids”, which was part of the messy Trial Of A Time Lord season in 1986. Sadly, she died a few years ago, while still only in her 50s. Incidentally, she was 21 when she played the role of Veron.

Have you seen my fanfic based on this? Grin

GanMiniMe
Not watching, not listening!! La la la la la, I can’t hear you, he’s only asleep or in the shower or something...

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

...And then Blake goes and leaves Veron all alone in the Forbidden Zone. Worst rebel leader. Ever.

Is it with your other ones?

GanMiniMe
I liked Trial of a Time Lord... surely Mr GMM and I aren’t the only ones?

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Is it with your other ones?

This one... The Discreet Rebellion... my 'Del Grant and Friends' story!

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/OBFSosq.jpg

JustBrad
GanMiniMe wrote:

Not watching, not listening!! La la la la la, I can’t hear you, he’s only asleep or in the shower or something...

Yes, you have it. Gan's body was given to a Federation Research Center striving to make a super soldier. He was resurrected and modified. Yes, Gan and Og are one and the same being.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

GanMiniMe
JustBrad wrote:

GanMiniMe wrote:

Yes, you have it. Gan's body was given to a Federation Research Center striving to make a super soldier. He was resurrected and modified. Yes, Gan and Og are one and the same being.

Yes! YES! Whoopee, Gan’s still alive!!! For a while, anyway...

Iain Short
I have read the 'OG - Olag Gan' story, I thought it very clever.

For the episode itself, no memories again of watching it on first transmission, even though I know I did watch it. But... I clearly remember waking from a bad dream later that evening, thinking the crew had sort of jumped off the edge of that empty room into vertical tunnels that went down, then brought them back out on the surface. Except Gan. His tunnel failed and he died. My Mother had to spend a long time comforting me that night. I think I got warm banana milk.

I can still FEEL how upset I was as a young child about Gan dying today.

I understand a lot of young children like Gan as a character.

Lorna
Iain Short wrote:

I have read the 'OG - Olag Gan' story, I thought it very clever.

For the episode itself, no memories again of watching it on first transmission, even though I know I did watch it. But... I clearly remember waking from a bad dream later that evening, thinking the crew had sort of jumped off the edge of that empty room into vertical tunnels that went down, then brought them back out on the surface. Except Gan. His tunnel failed and he died. My Mother had to spend a long time comforting me that night. I think I got warm banana milk.

I can still FEEL how upset I was as a young child about Gan dying today.

I understand a lot of young children like Gan as a character.

I must be a child because I am still upset and dont want to watch that bit tonight!!!!

Iain Short
The "I'm not worth dying for.". Line is heartbreaking. But I do think the last line David Jackson ever recorded for the series -

"I mean, just sitting there".

Sort of suits it better. In some way.

GanMiniMe
I am bouncing about tonight so not going to be there. I need to be alone when I watch this one...

The first time I ever saw this ep I immediately messaged my Blake’s 7 fan colleague, crying “Gan’s dead!! Why the hell didn’t you warn me?!”
It is irrational to seek spoilers, I realise that, so of course he couldn’t warn me. I was just so upset because I adore him

JustBrad
Lorna wrote:

I must be a child because I am still upset and dont want to watch that bit tonight!!!!

There is an episode of Friends where Phoebe had never seen the end of Old Yeller, because her Mum would always turn the TV off at the last commercial break and tell her it was over.

There are at least three episodes of B7 that could use that treatment.

littlesue
Just getting ready. Tea, choccie, biccies and tissues. Sob!!! And I think a blanket is in order. It just seems so cold of late.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Orac v zen
Hello everyone,how are we today on this horrible very wind wet but sunshine evening?
Got my red wine ready,Suzy gonna be upset/shocked about tonight,she don’t know what’s coming.
Seek-locate-destroy (B7)
I Plan To Live Forever Or Die Trying! (B7)
Give me Maximum power!! (B7)
CAN YOU FEEL THE VIBES,,,,,,BABY,,yeah (Kawasaki Versys 650)
Go For The Head!!!! (Shaun of the Dead)

M1795537 OC Virn
littlesue wrote:

Just getting ready. Tea, choccie, biccies and tissues. Sob!!! And I think a blanket is in order. It just seems so cold of late.

Yes, and since it's damp it feels even colder.

Looking forward to the Night of The Hat. Stay warm!
You're not sulking, I hope?

One Spare Part
Evening all. Gan has some good moments in this episode before he...before he...waaaah!... *sobs up a corner*
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Orac v zen
Big hugs to all the lady’s tonight ,because of Gan
For us men ,it’s a ,err cough,clears throat,need to get something out of the shed,handshake ,dirt in my eyes moment
Seek-locate-destroy (B7)
I Plan To Live Forever Or Die Trying! (B7)
Give me Maximum power!! (B7)
CAN YOU FEEL THE VIBES,,,,,,BABY,,yeah (Kawasaki Versys 650)
Go For The Head!!!! (Shaun of the Dead)

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 2.05 seconds
33,152,150 unique visits since 8th January 2014