Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,294
· Newest Rebel: jds12

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Terry Nation's Survivors
RichardMk2
As with Blakes 7 I watched this show when it first aired. Very gritty. In some ways it would be even harder now to cope with a situation where society has collapsed due to our reliance on the internet.

One thing I particularly like about the show is a lot of Season was filmed near my home town of Malvern, Worcestershire. Indeed the railway station is none other than Great Malvern, which boasts a very nice cafe on the London Bound Platform, called "Lady Foley's Tea Room".

Tyce
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Great SF minds think alike. I started rewatching this a week ago, so the timing of this thread is great. I was sad that I missed Survivors the first time around but in the end this was good because I ended up watching the remake first and the original second....And because I had nothing to compare the remake too I actually liked it a lot. I love the original of course but I really like the remake also.

The original and the remake are both very different. They start off similar but then take different paths (I believe this is because of a copyright issue). I think after experiencing the end of the world the 'back to nature' theme of the original is very 70's and the 'let's get the badies' theme of the remake is more noughties. So eventhough the remake had to go that way due to copyright it probably was more tailored to the audience.

I watched all of the original before seeing the new series and actually like the new series better, but it follows such a completely different story line that it was never really fair to call it a remake. As far as I recall, it was never billed as such by the broadcaster and really owes more to Terry Nation's novel, which is also nothing like his television version and therefore not really a novelisation.

I must get hold of the novel. That would in interesting to read.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.22 seconds
35,159,818 unique visits since 8th January 2014