Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,278
· Newest Rebel: Frankymole2

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 200
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Other favourite older Science Fiction TV series?
BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

OK boys! Teasing old Paula again! Remember that Amy Pond is ginger! And although you insist on it TT, Mr. Tom is NOT ginger. Believe me, I've looked!

Paula, you should feel proud. A whole breed of cat was named after him. Wink

I guess so, but I'll still travel when we can with the Welsh Street sign and promise to give you a couple of whacks to the head to clear your senses of anything even halfway near ginger
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

mrsbookmark
Star Trek (esp. Deep Space Nine)
Babylon 5
Sapphire and Steel
Bugs
The X-Files
Alien Nation
Twilight Zone (original)
Stargate: Atlantis
Earth: Final Conflict

Obsidian
A lot earlier than Blakes 7 (early 60s) there was Space Patrol (Planet Patrol in the USA) and the original (1963) Astro Boy anime cartoons. Those and My Favourite Martian were probably what got me interested, then all the Gerry and Sylvia Anderson stuff Thunderbirds, Fireball X-L5, Captain Scarlet, UFO. Also Dr. Who, The Prisoner and the Gigantor (1968) anime. Missed things like The Hitchhiker's Guide whilst living in the Middle East, but discovered Red Dwarf years before it ever got to Australia and LOVED the original Japanese Transformers anime. Bound to be loads of other things.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
M1795537 OC Virn
Does 'Survivors' count? Dark and brilliant.

Recently bought a box set of 'V' because of fond memories...agree that the TV series wasn't half as scary or well-made as the first ones.

All the usual ones: Star Trek, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, UFO, Moonbase, Battlestar Galactica (we used to try to guess how many times per episode they'd show that sequence of the fighters taking off), Star Wars, (although the question was about tv series: mind you, it's been shown so often it almost is), Fireball XL Five, Quatermass, early Dr Who (when it still did proper SF rather than Fantasy/Horror or history lessons), The Prisoner, and (radio) Hitchhiker's Guide.

Basically, almost anything that had something to do with 'space'. Plus, of course there was all the real space stuff going on, before people realised how much it cost. Now there's NASA livestream (somewhat boring in terms of plot) and seeing SpaceX blow up on a regular basis.

What's next, I wonder?
You're not sulking, I hope?

rojkerr1
classic trek captain scarlet timeslip land of the giants tomorrow people sapphire and steel the prisoner the champions

Travisina
I've been into SF (and RL science) my entire life.
Before B7 there was all of Gerry Anderson, and even before that there was Space Patrol. Then there were the quirky, semi-fantasy ITC series - The Prisoner, Randall & Hopkirk, The Champions. And of course Star Trek, Survivors, Sapphire & Steel and other series beginning with 'S' (Starfleet, Star Blazers...)
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Hugbot
Strange that no-one has yet mentioned the classic science fiction series that was li'l Hugbot's introduction to the genre!

Of course I am talking about ... The Clangers!

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

Strange that no-one has yet mentioned the classic science fiction series that was li'l Hugbot's introduction to the genre!

Of course I am talking about ... The Clangers!

Of course! Love the Clangers Grin
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Lee Bagnall
I'll park this here

https://www.youtu...f4q8Xb49hE
"Seldon, Janov. Space Commander. Alpha 14922. Name, rank and serial number. That's all you're getting!"

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

Amy is Ginger, Melody / River is not so ginger.
We know Amy Pond is the mother. Do we have any proof that Del Grant is NOT the father?

Because Amy does not have a V-shaped scar on her forehead Grin

Travisina
...and how could I have forgotten to mention the other mainstays of my childhood - Lost in Space, The Time Tunnel, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

And ESPECIALLY Batman (Adam West & Burt Ward), which was responsible for a lifetime love of the character, as well as for RL bats.
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
Yes Clangers, The Champions and Batman&Robin! And how could I forget Space 1999! All the stuff my mum said was 'rubbish', but I guess that as long as it kept me quiet....

Great question!

sweevo
If animation counts, then I'm going for Men in Black: The Series (a far better continuation than the live-action sequels in my opinion) and Extreme Ghostbusters (I was too young to catch The Real Ghostbusters in its heyday).

One Spare Part
The Invaders...a Quinn Martin Production!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

AvonGirl
One Spare Part wrote:

LOVE that! Brilliant concept.
"I want to be free...of him."

One Spare Part
AvonGirl wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

LOVE that! Brilliant concept.

And did you see Dark Skies (not that one) with Eric Close, J T Walsh, Jeri Ryan etc? Alien conspiracy series which guest stars Roy Thinnes as an 'unnamed' fighter against the alien invasion.

Hugbot
One Spare Part wrote:

I discovered that only a few years ago and loved it!

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I discovered that only a few years ago and loved it!

And have you seen Dark Skies? Made by part of the X files team.

M1795537 OC Virn
Oh wow, yes, the Invaders, and My Favourite Martian! There are so many great SF oldies. Wonder how many of these we could rewatch?!?

littlesue
I seem to have vague memories of something called 'It's About Time' about a couple of astronauts who go back in time, somehow, whilst in their space capsule.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.79 seconds
32,361,198 unique visits since 8th January 2014