Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,278
· Newest Rebel: Frankymole2

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 200
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Other favourite older Science Fiction TV series?
AvonGirl
Just wondering what other Sci-Fi series you're all into from the same era as B7? I love these.

UFO. Cracking theme tune and some very good stories. Disappointed that we've yet to build moonbases, have purple hair, and have a Navy who wear see through uniforms LOL.

Doctor Who. Jon Pertwee is my favourite.

Sapphire & Steel. Love how creepy this is and how we're left to make up our own minds about where Sapphire and Steel come from.

Star Trek. Love its vision for a future where we're all equal and have worked together to create a better future and gone on to create truly remarkable things. So many great characters. Love the friendship between Kirk, Bones and Spock.
Edited by AvonGirl on 06 March 2021 18:52:25
"I want to be free...of him."

JustBrad
DW and Trek were staples at our house.
V was good as a miniseries, but not so much as a lower budget regular series.
I was a huge fan of Classic BSG
Space 1999
And, of course, HHGTTG
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

AvonGirl
JustBrad wrote:

DW and Trek were staples at our house.
V was good as a miniseries, but not so much as a lower budget regular series.
I was a huge fan of Classic BSG
Space 1999
And, of course, HHGTTG

Space 1999 is so much fun. Have never seen V before, will have to check that out.
"I want to be free...of him."

BradPaula
Doctor Who, Hitchhiker's Gude to the Galaxy, Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Space 1999 any Gerry Anderson series.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Hugbot
Of course, the greatest SF TV series of the 1960s: Raumpatrouille! Pfft

sweevo
Battlestar Galactica (original series) along with Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (best known in the West as Battle of the Planets).

Lee Bagnall
For me, The Prisoner, Sapphire and Steel and Doctor Who, although it has to be the classic series as I grew increasingly disenchanted with the newer stuff - I now find David Tennant to be unwatchable and I gave up at Capaldi's last episode.

Honourable mentions for my love of the older stuff- the Quatermass serials, the Kneale Cartier Cushing 1984, the Andromeda serials and Out of the Unknown.
"Seldon, Janov. Space Commander. Alpha 14922. Name, rank and serial number. That's all you're getting!"

dragonq
The Flipside of Dominick Hide. If ever there was a show crying out for a Big Finish makeover, thatís it. Thereís enough in those two plays to expand into a series.

Lurena
Definitely Raumpatrouille (German, the basis for many later sf!)
HHGTTG, Original Battlestar Galactica, The Prisoner, V, Doctor Who, Gerry Anderson's work and a lot of Asian pre sf series which included computers and classical heroes.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories and *my PD as Kerr Avon Tribute*
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
The Twilight Zone (the original one). I haven't seen all of them and the box set is soooooo expensive. I just love how Rod Serling slips into view, ciggy in hand, to give you an idea about what will occur in the next 25 minutes (or longer).
I have Mr Shatner's all time classic on DVD, as well as the one with Buster Keaton in it. He redid almost all his silent movie sketches in his episode and he is my fave Silent Clown...along with the Keystone Cops!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Spaceship Dispatcher
Earlier than Blake's 7, but two 60s SF shows I love are Undermind, which was a kind of UK equivalent of The Invaders but starring Jeremy Wilkin (Dev Tarrant in The Way Back) and Department S star Rosemary Nichols, and the BBC anthology series Out of the Unknown.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Earlier than Blake's 7, but two 60s SF shows I love are Undermind, which was a kind of UK equivalent of The Invaders but starring Jeremy Wilkin (Dev Tarrant in The Way Back) and Department S star Rosemary Nichols, and the BBC anthology series Out of the Unknown.

There's a terrific actor with a ginger moustache in Out Of The Unknown.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Indeed, with a striking similarity to Del Grant Grin

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Nah, I reckon he looks more like that ginger detective bloke from City Of Death.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Nah, I reckon he looks more like that ginger detective bloke from City Of Death.

Yes! The one who was investigating the forgery of Welsh street signage? Grin

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Yes! The one who was investigating the forgery of Welsh street signage? Grin

That's the one. I wish Paula had hit me with was a fake - that one was very real Wink

BradPaula
OK boys! Teasing old Paula again! Remember that Amy Pond is ginger! And although you insist on it TT, Mr. Tom is NOT ginger. Believe me, I've looked!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
I'm convinced Del Grant only pretends to be Ginger because he thinks it will give him an in with Amy Pond.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

OK boys! Teasing old Paula again! Remember that Amy Pond is ginger! And although you insist on it TT, Mr. Tom is NOT ginger. Believe me, I've looked!

Paula, you should feel proud. A whole breed of cat was named after him. Wink

JustBrad
Amy is Ginger, Melody / River is not so ginger.
We know Amy Pond is the mother. Do we have any proof that Del Grant is NOT the father?
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.35 seconds
32,361,524 unique visits since 8th January 2014