Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,278
· Newest Rebel: Frankymole2

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 200
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Reading Pratchett: Small Gods - 21st Jan 2021
Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I could do with some cheering up. Something got in and killed all my hens last night.

Oh, that's horrible. Was it a fox?

No. There were oonly really small places where anything could get in. Suspects include: mink? Polecat? Really hungry rat? It didn't want to eat them, just killed them. Git.

I didn't know you got minks and polecats in this country. But that's really gittish behaviour. I can understand something being hungry, but not just going on a killing spree. How many hens did you lose?
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Let's just talk about new jobs and new homes then?

Or we could do this...

We could do this - and postpone the Small Gods chat until Stormy's had a chance to ready it?

ĎS up to you. I mean, we are a little bit interested in said new job, after all...Grin

Yes, tell all!

Well, now...
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I could do with some cheering up. Something got in and killed all my hens last night.

No. There were oonly really small places where anything could get in. Suspects include: mink? Polecat? Really hungry rat? It didn't want to eat them, just killed them. Git.

I didn't know you got minks and polecats in this country. But that's really gittish behaviour. I can understand something being hungry, but not just going on a killing spree. How many hens did you lose?

Six. Now we're worried if it's going to try for the ducks as well. We're having to house them indoors becasuse of Avian flu regulations so they're a bit more vulnerable - can't run away. But enough of that. Let's talk Big Finish, or even septic tank smells and waching machines
You're not sulking, I hope?

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I think mink are an introduction resulting from fur farm protests. Someone told me they kill everything so they can come back later to eat it, so maybe lying in wait with an air rifle might be the way to go? Not that Iím advocating revenge, you understand.

Travisina
So the new job is Content Manager for the BF website. Kind of what I've been doing for Horizon for years, but a lot more grown up Smile

I'm currently being trained in the Ways of the Force - or rather, how to work the the different bits of the BF website. Learning the ropes - and there are many, many ropes! - but I'm loving it.
My views are my own.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Six. Now we're worried if it's going to try for the ducks as well. We're having to house them indoors becasuse of Avian flu regulations so they're a bit more vulnerable - can't run away. But enough of that. Let's talk Big Finish, or even septic tank smells and waching machines

Iím getting help to lump the washing machine up the stairs at the weekend. A man came to look for my smell today, but he couldnít find it. He did re-hang the bathroom door so it shuts properly, though.

stormypetrel
When I say ďmy smellĒ I did not produce it...

M1795537 OC Virn
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I think mink are an introduction resulting from fur farm protests. Someone told me they kill everything so they can come back later to eat it, so maybe lying in wait with an air rifle might be the way to go? Not that Iím advocating revenge, you understand.

It's a bit cold and wet for that!

M1795537 OC Virn
You seem to be well in with your neigbours already, Stormy. Good work.

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

So the new job is Content Manager for the BF website. Kind of what I've been doing for Horizon for years, but a lot more grown up Smile

I'm currently being trained in the Ways of the Force - or rather, how to work the the different bits of the BF website. Learning the ropes - and there are many, many ropes! - but I'm loving it.

Now I have a mental image of you getting caught in the ropes and hauled into the air by an ankle, like an unfortunate campanologist...

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

You seem to be well in with your neigbours already, Stormy. Good work.

If I can just get in with my landlord, too... (he lives in the Manor House, two doors down)

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

So now you can sort out all the B7 stuff and make it easy to access? Great.

Travisina
It's going to be a bit weird for a while, because of course there's a lot of cross-pollination with what I do for Big Finish on Horizon (and vice versa). I think I'll be okay to carry on doing BF promotions and news, but I need to hand over the reviewing to others.

I know that Stormy's not keen on writing reviews, but would you be interested, M...Virn?
My views are my own.

stormypetrel
Itís not that Iím not keen on writing reviews, Iím just really bad at it. Probably too afraid of offending anyone!

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Now I have a mental image of you getting caught in the ropes and hauled into the air by an ankle, like an unfortunate campanologist...

It sometimes feels like that at the end of the day!
Sorry I've been neglecting emailing both of you (and many others) - I'm slowly catching up with things, though.
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I did see that happen in real life once. Pete (they're all called Pete, like tekkies are all called Tim) was ringing treble and broke the stay. The weight of the bell (quite a small one) exactly balanced him. He hung around on the rope for a bit, a couple of feet off the ground going, "Help"! But we were all too busy having hysterics. It was all his own fault, too, having used inferior quality wood for the stay.

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

So now you can sort out all the B7 stuff and make it easy to access? Great.

Wink
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

It's going to be a bit weird for a while, because of course there's a lot of cross-pollination with what I do for Big Finish on Horizon (and vice versa). I think I'll be okay to carry on doing BF promotions and news, but I need to hand over the reviewing to others.

I know that Stormy's not keen on writing reviews, but would you be interested, M...Virn?

You know I'll do anything for you, O great one. Well, almost.

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I did see that happen in real life once. Pete (they're all called Pete, like tekkies are all called Tim) was ringing treble and broke the stay. The weight of the bell (quite a small one) exactly balanced him. He hung around on the rope for a bit, a couple of feet off the ground going, "Help"! But we were all too busy having hysterics. It was all his own fault, too, having used inferior quality wood for the stay.

GrinGrin
My views are my own.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

GrinGrinGrin
I wish Iíd seen that!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.88 seconds
32,336,838 unique visits since 8th January 2014