Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,278
· Newest Rebel: Frankymole2

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 200
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Reading Pratchett: Small Gods - 21st Jan 2021
stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gosh, it's been a full-on week. Stormy, did you not manage to read 'Small Gods'? I can send you my copy, if you like.

I didnít. I thought I had it and then when I checked I didnít, and I hadnít left time to get it. Donít you mind being my personal lending library?

I don't mind at all, I'll pop it in the post.
It's really really good, but I don't want to spoiler it too much.

Just a thought here.... how are we going to talk about it without spoilers?

Iíll forgive you if you spoiler it. I have been known to read the end of a book before the middle, after all.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Let's just talk about new jobs and new homes then?

Or we could do this...

stormypetrel
My new home still has a faint eau de drains, if anyoneís interested. But I donít need to wear a coat indoors.

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gosh, it's been a full-on week. Stormy, did you not manage to read 'Small Gods'? I can send you my copy, if you like.

I didnít. I thought I had it and then when I checked I didnít, and I hadnít left time to get it. Donít you mind being my personal lending library?

Just in general?

'Small Gods' was the first of the Pratchett's that made me go 'Ooh, that's sharp!' Up to then, his books had been light hearted and pun-tastic riffs on various fantasy genres. But 'Small Gods' is a wonderfully incisive look at belief, religion, philosophy etc. It dovetails with 'Hogfather' (though that came much later).
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Travisina
Stormy, can you PM or email me with your new address?
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Just in general?

'Small Gods' was the first of the Pratchett's that made me go 'Ooh, that's sharp!' Up to then, his books had been light hearted and pun-tastic riffs on various fantasy genres. But 'Small Gods' is a wonderfully incisive look at belief, religion, philosophy etc. It dovetails with 'Hogfather' (though that came much later).

Brave of him to go for what can be a very touchy subject...

M1795537 OC Virn
I could do with some cheering up. Something got in and killed all my hens last night.
You're not sulking, I hope?

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Or we could do this...

We could do this - and postpone the Small Gods chat until Stormy's had a chance to ready it?
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
I hadn't thought about it running parallel to Hogfather but I can see why you'd say that. Feels like Pratchett had decided it was time to put more of his own opinions into what he was writing.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I could do with some cheering up. Something got in and killed all my hens last night.

Oh, no. The Dev Tarrant of the poultry world at work?

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Just in general?

Brave of him to go for what can be a very touchy subject...

He does it brilliantly.
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Any rebel you care to name......

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Or we could do this...

We could do this - and postpone the Small Gods chat until Stormy's had a chance to ready it?

ĎS up to you. I mean, we are a little bit interested in said new job, after all...Grin

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Oh, that's horrible. Was it a fox?
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

No. There were oonly really small places where anything could get in. Suspects include: mink? Polecat? Really hungry rat? It didn't want to eat them, just killed them. Git.

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Big Finish have provided me with a laptop to use for work. I've never had a laptop before (always used desktop PCs), so it's a novel experience. It's a Dell, so I've named it Tarrant.
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Or we could do this...

ĎS up to you. I mean, we are a little bit interested in said new job, after all...Grin

Yes, tell all!

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

No. There were oonly really small places where anything could get in. Suspects include: mink? Polecat? Really hungry rat? It didn't want to eat them, just killed them. Git.

Mink do that.

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Big Finish have provided me with a laptop to use for work. I've never had a laptop before (always used desktop PCs), so it's a novel experience. It's a Dell, so I've named it Tarrant.

Nice!

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

GrinGrin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.70 seconds
32,361,493 unique visits since 8th January 2014