Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,288
· Newest Rebel: Blake316

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Reading Pratchett: The Truth - 22nd October 2020
stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

The reason Barrow in Furness is so naughty (Tier 2) is because everyone that works on the submarines gets tested every three days. Not to mention all their suppliers. No wonder they're turning up loadsof positives.

Yeah - I do wonder if the reason the numbers keep going up is because more people are being tested.

The students skewed the figures over here, because they got tested too. But I keep thinking, surely they’ve all had it by now?

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I am not rising to the hat question because my other half recently bought a hat for his wild swimming. Not a pretty sight with his beard.

I knew people used to wear knitted swimming trunks, but knitted swimming hats?

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

I had to email some hats to thank them for a postcard. Honestly, I’m not making it up.

Surely one sends a postcard to thank someone for a hat?

Well, usually. But this time the postcard came from the hats, to tell me they’d arrived safely and settled in to their new home.

Are these the bobble hats mentioned elsethread?

Some of the breeding stock, yes. Anyone else want to help me reduce the local population?

Yes, please! Smile

Colour preference?

Purple, please!
Otherwise jewel shades of blue / green / teal
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I am not rising to the hat question because my other half recently bought a hat for his wild swimming. Not a pretty sight with his beard.

I'm trying to picture that. Actually, first question: what is 'wild swimming'?
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

I had to email some hats to thank them for a postcard. Honestly, I’m not making it up.

Well, usually. But this time the postcard came from the hats, to tell me they’d arrived safely and settled in to their new home.

Some of the breeding stock, yes. Anyone else want to help me reduce the local population?

Yes, please! Smile

Colour preference?

Purple, please!

I shall see what can be done...

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Yes, please! Smile

Colour preference?

Purple, please!

I shall see what can be done...

Cool Smile
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Yes, please! Smile

Colour preference?

Purple, please!

Have I missed something? What bobble hats are these?
You're not sulking, I hope?

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Knitted swimming hat for a beard?
My views are my own.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Yes, please! Smile

Colour preference?

Purple, please!

Have I missed something? What bobble hats are these?

The ones I keep knitting as stress relief! Want a hat?

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Now you're just being silly. It's one of those horrible neoprene things. Black.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Like Dr Dee’s skullcap to hide his missing ears? Or was it his branding as a felon- I forget.

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

<shudder>
My views are my own.

stormypetrel
What’s it like round your way, anyway, Travisina? You’re all still classed as good boys and girls, aren’t you?

Travisina
So... Terry Pratchett - 'The Truth'
Can I start by saying that I LOVED this book. I think I'd only read it the once, when it first came out, and couldn't remember much about it.
I think it's shot up my list of faves to very near the top.
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
So what did you do today? We went to collect some new ducks. That meant going further than I have since March. These ducks are black ( dark green) to go with the pair we already have. When we bought the first two my cadets immediately named thenm Travis 1 and Travis 2. Now I need three more names. Any ideas?

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

What’s it like round your way, anyway, Travisina? You’re all still classed as good boys and girls, aren’t you?

Oh yes, we're smugly Tier 1 over here.
But I sneaked into Tier 2 on Monday, to have an outdoors & appropriately spaced lunch with the Supreme Commander (also Tier 1) and my 3 fellow ex-furloughed-and-now-redundant colleagues (1 in Tier 1, 2 in Tier 2).
My views are my own.

M1795537 OC Virn
Oh, the BOOK. OK then, glad you liked it. Another great example of Pratchett twisting reality to fit.

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

So what did you do today? We went to collect some new ducks. That meant going further than I have since March. These ducks are black ( dark green) to go with the pair we already have. When we bought the first two my cadets immediately named thenm Travis 1 and Travis 2. Now I need three more names. Any ideas?

They sound beautiful!

More names - are they male or female?
Could they be mutoids? One could be Kiera.
My views are my own.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Mutoid ducks...

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Oh, the BOOK. OK then, glad you liked it. Another great example of Pratchett twisting reality to fit.

Love it. Loved the way it condensed and speeded up the history of printing from engraving to moveable type, from newsheets to newspaper to tabloid. With a Discworld twist.
My views are my own.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.84 seconds
34,093,375 unique visits since 8th January 2014