Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,301
· Newest Rebel: StuDon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [45 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 206
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Scoring each episode
One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

I love Sarcophagus, prefer Sand tho..'I don't suppose this machine would respond to a kick in the ear would it..'.sums up my approach to most technology!

Luddite!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
Proud of it!

Mrs_Underhill
Regarding meaningful statistics: remember "Blake's 7 In Character" podcast collecting episode and character rankings from fans (here's the thread on Horizon)?

Their final podcast is out, with the summary of their findings. It's a very entertaining listen, here.

They had maybe 35-40 responses, many more than in this thread, and their system was this: rank top 3 and bottom 3 episodes, giving the top 3 points, the next 2 points and the last 1 point.
Then they counted the sums, and the best episode with most points was "Star One", with the next one (by a lot of points behind) "Rumours of Death", and then a bunch of other favorites, including "Sarcophagus".

But the worst episode in their sums was "Animals", by a huge margin! Almost every responder named it as their least favorite.

I'm with those statistics, by the way. Smile In both the top and the bottom.
But what's interesting is that Sarcophagus and Sand followed "Animals" in the bottom 3 poll: a lot of people put them as their least favorites...

Sarcophagus does seem to be a very divisive episode: it's both loved and hated by many. Personally I love it, it's among my favorites!
We had a thread on Sarcophagus here, with many people speaking out for it.

I love the line with "You look beautiful when you're angry" by the way. Smile I see Avon speaking to the Alien as him also speaking to Cally through the Alien, as Cally had a psychic link with her. I feel as if he was more open in his feelings for Cally this way, and speaking out his feelings was also needed for their survival - a good excuse.

So that kiss and that phrase was, in my mind, partially addressed to Cally. And it made me see many scenes with Cally being fierce and forceful in a new light, with Avon secretly admiring her for it. Smile
Edited by Mrs_Underhill on 08 March 2020 17:59:53

Mrs_Underhill
A different kind of ranking fun is going around on Twitter: pick the best B7 run out of the 4 seasons, choosing the best episode from 4 seasons for each episode slot from 1 to 13.
It's much easier for me to do then giving numerical rankings, so here goes:

1. Aftermath
2. Spacefall
3. Weapon
4. Horizon
5. Pressure Point
6. City on the Edge of the World
7. Killer
8. Rumours of Death
9. Sarcophagus
10. Gold
11. Orbit
12. Deathwatch
13. Star One.

S2 and S3 dominate by a big margin and are equal at 5 each, and they are also my favorite seasons.

Cygnus Bazza
Thanks for those summaries, Mrs_U - no shortage of great discussion points there. It's always fascinating how one person's massive classic is another's monumental clunker. I guess I wish I loved every B7 episode, but then it'd probably be a much less intriguing and, ultimately, much less satisfying series than it is.

(Just as a by-the-by, while I'm not a big fan of SARCOPHAGUS, I am extremely enamoured of SAND. Tanith L was clearly not afraid to take risks - and more power to her for that.)

And thanks for that insight into what's going on in Twitterland - not a place I personally like to venture! (In fact there's not a barge-pole long enough to let me interact with it.). Will definitely toy with compiling a 1-13 run - but it'll be quite S4-heavy...

M1795537 OC Virn
Thank you Mrs Underhill for some proper statistics at last. As I pointed out earlier, these rebels rely too much on sentiment. Look how they keep arguing the same things over and over, getting nowhere, whereas with the proper information, the results speak for themselves.
Although perhaps the Twitter thing isn't much better since there are die-hards who don't twit.

I stand by my count (see earlier) - the comments generated by rewatches are so much more fun than this endless wittering anyway.

Incidentally SAND is the best episode, closely followed by any with Servalan in. Any objections? See you in Steventon, mate.
You're not sulking, I hope?

Cygnus Bazza
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

these rebels rely too much on sentiment. Look how they keep arguing the same things over and over, getting nowhere, whereas with the proper information, the results speak for themselves.
Although perhaps the Twitter thing isn't much better since there are die-hards who don't twit.
See you in Steventon, mate.

Actually, 'Marm', I rather think you'll find that ever-decreasing circles are the rebellion's official logo (available on a set of souvenir place-mats and accompanying coasters, of course. Shall I put you down for a couple of sets?). But I'm sure you'll readily concede that it's only when the chilly ice-fields of fact meet the warm solar glow of sentiment that a truly sustainable 'middle way' can be forged, a compromise peace can be reached and the cosmos can push forward towards a golden future where people with numbers for names like you can interact constructively and productively with normal people like me. On the other hand, as the great 'Yogi' Berra said, the future ain't what it used to be.

(And it's 'm8' by the way, not 'mate'. Every Twitter-nit knows that.)

trevor travis
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

A different kind of ranking fun is going around on Twitter: pick the best B7 run out of the 4 seasons, choosing the best episode from 4 seasons for each episode slot from 1 to 13.
It's much easier for me to do then giving numerical rankings, so here goes:

1. Aftermath
2. Spacefall
3. Weapon
4. Horizon
5. Pressure Point
6. City on the Edge of the World
7. Killer
8. Rumours of Death
9. Sarcophagus
10. Gold
11. Orbit
12. Deathwatch
13. Star One.

S2 and S3 dominate by a big margin and are equal at 5 each, and they are also my favorite seasons.

I've give it a go:

1. The Way Back
2. Shadow
3. Weapon
4. Horizon
5. Harvest Of Kairos
6. City At The Edge Of The World
7. Children Of Auron
8. Rumours Of Death
9. Sarcophagus
10. Gold
11. Orbit
12. Death-Watch
13. Blake

Mrs_Underhill
Cygnus Bazza, I only read #Blakes7 tag on Twitter and don't have an account there, so mostly avoid any drama. I got drawn into the tag by the excellent offerings of MakingBlakes7: worth checking out for a B7 fan, but there are other people writing about B7, and one can stumble upon a first-time watcher posting their impressions which always gives me joy.

trevor travis wrote:

I've give it a go:

1. The Way Back
2. Shadow
3. Weapon
4. Horizon
5. Harvest Of Kairos
7. Children Of Auron
8. Rumours Of Death
9. Sarcophagus
10. Gold
11. Orbit
12. Death-Watch
13. Blake

Wow TT, Harvest of Kairos beating out Pressure Point! But then who am I to judge, with Moloch almost beating Gold for my 10th spot. Cool

One Spare Part
Now I haven't done any scoring as I would find that difficult in the extreme but ranking my fave 13 episodes may be a possibility. See you later.
Btw, I love our wittering. I get a lot out if it - facts, as well as fun! Stats are ok as far as they go but it's the justification/explanation that does it for me. I don't have to agree with it to enjoy the read. Right, let's get my thinking head on...best 13 episodes...mmmmmmm.....Unsure

Cygnus Bazza
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

(Thanks for the Twitter tip BTW)

Here's my stab at it:

1. RESCUE (S4)
2. POWERPLAY (S3)
3. TRAITOR (S4)
4. HORIZON (S2)
5. PRESSURE POINT (S2)
6. SEEK-LOCATE-DESTROY (S1)
7. MISSION TO DESTINY (S1)
8. RUMOURS OF DEATH (S3)
9. SAND (S4)
10. GOLD (S4)
11. ORBIT (S4)
12. DEATH WATCH (S3)
13. BLAKE (S4)

[S1 – 2 episodes; S2 – 2 episodes; S3 - 3 episodes; S4 – 6 episodes]

trevor travis
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I've give it a go:

1. The Way Back
2. Shadow
3. Weapon
4. Horizon
5. Harvest Of Kairos
7. Children Of Auron
8. Rumours Of Death
9. Sarcophagus
10. Gold
11. Orbit
12. Death-Watch
13. Blake

Wow TT, Harvest of Kairos beating out Pressure Point! But then who am I to judge, with Moloch almost beating Gold for my 10th spot. Cool

Moloch is 11th in Season C - so it's competing against Orbit. Wink

Harvest Of Kairos would beat Pressure Point every time for me. Harvest is a perfect Jacqueline Pearce vehicle and I'm a sucker for Servalan-led episodes.

Don't get me wrong, Pressure Point is a good episode, but the bodged Gan death scene where the director didn't reshoot it, despite David Jackson is still moving after Gan is supposedly dead takes some shine off. It's such an important scene - it should have been properly planned. Thank goodness Mary Ridge planned the massacre at the end of Blake like a military operation and was also sensible enough to get it in the can early on in the filming schedule.

As always, there's no wrong answer when it's the opinions of people. If someone votes for Animals ahead of both Pressure Point and Harvest then they are entitled to. Although I suspect Og may be the only one who does that Grin

Just counted mine - 1 from Albert, 3 from Barney, 6 from Colin and 3 from Derek. I'm surprised Albert didn't get more, although it would have quite a few second places!
Edited by trevor travis on 08 March 2020 20:58:09

One Spare Part
Ok here goes:
1. The Way Back
2. Spacefall
3. Weapon
4. Time Squad
5. Pressure Point
6. Seek Locate Destroy
7. Child of Auron
8. Duel
9. Sarcophagus
10. Gold
11. Orbit
12. Deliverance
13. Star One

Blimey, I hate choosing. I had real difficulties with 2 because I love Shadow but series A eps 1 and 2 are part of the same story so I had to go for Spacefall. As for 6...good grief I could have gone for all choices. Yes, even Headhunter which is a bit on the daft side but Orrrrraaaacccc!.....had to go for Servalan and Travis though. At no 8, I had my rebellious moment. I know nearly everyone would go for Rumours but...erm, sorry, I don't like it that much and Blake and Jenna sitting up a tree is b..r..i..ll..ia..n..t. plus it kind of goes with the next one, Sarcophagus, being to do with the characters. Finally, 13 I was sure I would go for Orac simply for the final scene but Star One and Avon proclaming "Fire!" ...compelling.
Well. There you are.
P. S. I chose Deliverance because Michael Keating makes me laugh so much in this...even though Death Watch is brilliant.

rojkerr1
Blake, the Way Back, Killer, Star One, Sand, Duel, City, Sarcophagus, Trial, Redemption, Shadow, Weapon, Rescue

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

7. Child of Auron

What's happened to the rest of them? Grin

Only teasing Wink

One Spare Part
trevor travis wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

7. Child of Auron

What's happened to the rest of them? Grin

Only teasing Wink

Lol - I was thinking of C of A, Horizon member! Quelle idiot! Me that is not C of A before I get into trouble.

Ulera
Favourite 13 episodes you say? I have of course restricted myself to the first excellent three series and disregarded Season Dreadful. (NB: if it was on scenes only I would have let Orbit through for the brilliant Avon and Vila scenes on the shuttle).
I have taken another liberty of putting them in alphabetical order, as it was almost impossible to decide between some.

Children of Auron
Duel
Mission to Destiny (A good early Avon/Cally episode)
Pressure Point
Sarcophagus (Of course!)
Seek-Locate-Destroy (Travis 1 entrance!)
Shadow
Spacefall (First appearance of a certain computer genius of course.)
Star One
Terminal
The Way Back
Time Squad (Introduction to THE best female crew member of all 4 series: Cally) ...She says ducking and running for cover from a certain Mr TT.Wink
Weapon (It has the added bonus of Carnell!)

Cygnus Bazza
Ulera wrote:

Favourite 13 episodes you say?

No - the idea is to pick a favourite Episode 1 from across the 4 seasons, then a favourite Episode 2 and so on.

Selecting a list of 13 favourite episodes is a different conundrum to grapple with - but grapple we all surely will (though a Top Ten seems like a more natural number).

Cygnus Bazza
[Post duplicated when loaded]

Ulera
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

Ulera wrote:

Favourite 13 episodes you say?

No - the idea is to pick a favourite Episode 1 from across the 4 seasons, then a favourite Episode 2 and so on.

Selecting a list of 13 favourite episodes is a different conundrum to grapple with - but grapple we all surely will (though a Top Ten seems like a more natural number).

Wink Well if you read some of the other replies I don't think everyone has stuck strictly to those rules. Anyway as I said I disregard SD so it wouldn't have worked that way. I will remain a rebel rebel and Ieave my choices as stated, I am sure you number crunchers can extrapolate something from it nonetheless!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
35,915,831 unique visits since 8th January 2014