Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,302
· Newest Rebel: PeterInDudley

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [45 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 206
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Team Blake Event Sunday 26th July 2020
Cygnus Bazza
ruth_dw wrote:

Hi all! Is anyone in touch with either of the pubs in Steventon? They seem rather permanently closed?

Both The Fox and The Cherry Tree are open again - had lunch in the first and a drink in the second a couple of weeks ago. The Fox is, I think, under new management and seems to be in rude-ish health (and the food was great); The Cherry Tree was a bit forlorn and was only very tentatively getting going again. There's actually a third pub in Steventon, not far from Skyfall (I'm not joking!).

GanMiniMe
Fabulous news! Tell them to get a barrel in, for a I am coming for them, and I am bringing my drinking horn!!!

Cygnus Bazza
GanMiniMe wrote:

Tell them to get a barrel in

Grin
I've consulted my legal advisors and apparently that counts as a contractual obligation.

ruth_dw
Thanks! That's really helpful!

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

ruth_dw wrote:

Hi all! Is anyone in touch with either of the pubs in Steventon? They seem rather permanently closed?

Both The Fox and The Cherry Tree are open again - had lunch in the first and a drink in the second a couple of weeks ago. The Fox is, I think, under new management and seems to be in rude-ish health (and the food was great); The Cherry Tree was a bit forlorn and was only very tentatively getting going again. There's actually a third pub in Steventon, not far from Skyfall (I'm not joking!).

Cygnus Bazza
Better news on the Cherry Tree - had lunch in there last week and it seems to be perking up nicely again. Judging from the mini-packs of Kellogg's Special K etc on a shelf by the door to the kitchen, their B&B (Bed & Breakfast, not Benny & Bjorn*) operations are back up and running.

*I'm reliably informed that, whenever any member of ABBA visits the Didcot area, they tend to opt for the Premier Inn as it's handy for the Harvester.

BradPaula
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

Better news on the Cherry Tree - had lunch in there last week and it seems to be perking up nicely again. Judging from the mini-packs of Kellogg's Special K etc on a shelf by the door to the kitchen, their B&B (Bed & Breakfast, not Benny & Bjorn*) operations are back up and running.

*I'm reliably informed that, whenever any member of ABBA visits the Didcot area, they tend to opt for the Premier Inn as it's handy for the Harvester.

It's good to hear the Cherry Tree is opened again. Any word as to the hotel in Didcot? I had heard it had closed during the lockdown. Is it by chance open again?
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Cygnus Bazza
BradPaula wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

It's good to hear the Cherry Tree is opened again. Any word as to the hotel in Didcot? I had heard it had closed during the lockdown. Is it by chance open again?

A neighbour mentioned to me (over the metaphorical fence) that both hotels (Premier Inn and Courtyard by Marriott) are operational at the moment. (We speak of little else round these parts TBH...) Whether they stay that way over the forthcoming fraught winter remains to be seen, of course. The UK is sliding back into choppier Covid waters at a rate of knots at the moment. I hope the US is steering a more sensible route through the storm!

BradPaula
Thanks for answering, Cygnus Bazza. As to the USA and covid- it isn't good. We're only at 57% fully vaccinated after nearly a year with the vaccine....
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza! Where did you get your metaphorical fence from? Been after one for ages....Grin
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
thanks for sharing that vital intel, CB
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Cygnus Bazza
No problem at all, Brad & Paula. Obviously don't share that highly sensitive intelligence with any third party (unless money changes hands, of course - or you're invited to the party in question).

One Spare Part wrote:

Cygnus Bazza! Where did you get your metaphorical fence from? Been after one for ages....Grin

As luck would have it, there's an allegorical garden centre just down the road that has a dedicated Metaphorical and Figurative Fencing section. All their stuff's really low maintenance and comes with a lifetime guarantee!

One Spare Part
https://aradergal...cal-garden
Would it be like this? Looks expensive.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Cygnus Bazza
Bullseye. Though for that money I'd expect a bit of decking and a barbecue area.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
35,925,085 unique visits since 8th January 2014