Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 1
Last Space Rat

· Total Rebels: 1,294
· Newest Rebel: jds12

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Formula One
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Hill was taking what he thought was his only chance and blatantly taken off in a deliberate move by Schumacher.

Agree on both points, but it was Hill thinking there was a chance which was poor imo at that particular corner. There had never been, to the best of my knowledge, an overtake on that corner as it was very tight and narrow. It wasn't even a place for passing back markers, never mind the leader. I was a Hill fan too at the time, but was still disappointed with his choice.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 25 August 2014 09:42:16

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Hill was taking what he thought was his only chance and blatantly taken off in a deliberate move by Schumacher.

Agree on both points, but it was Hill thinking there was a chance which was poor imo at that particular corner. There had never been, to the best of my knowledge, an overtake on that corner as it was very tight and narrow. It wasn't even a place for passing back markers, never mind the leader. I was a Hill fan too at the time, but was still disappointed with his choice.

But he got through! So not a poor choice at all. However, what he didn't anticipate was Schumacher turning the car hard into him as he came through. Watch the angles again. Schumacher is not turning to take the corner. He's turning hard into Hill to cause as much damage to Hill's car as possible.

SD, few things have ever made me as angry in F1 as Schumacher's "move" on Hill in this race. I haven't relented for 20 years and I won't now. Please also take into context the season it happened in. A truly tragic season. It needed a great end to the season to help heal the still open wounds. Instead we had a thoroughly decent man (Damon Hill) being shafted by a truly despicable one (Schumacher).

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

SD, few things have ever made me as angry in F1 as Schumacher's "move" on Hill in this race. I haven't relented for 20 years and I won't now.

Fair enough Grin

I would however argue that the season did have a special end - a final career win for 'our Nige', red number 5 Happy

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

SD, few things have ever made me as angry in F1 as Schumacher's "move" on Hill in this race. I haven't relented for 20 years and I won't now.

Fair enough Grin

I would however argue that the season did have a special end - a final career win for 'our Nige', red number 5 Happy

Yes, but not the sort of win "Our Nige" wanted - the two cars a minute in front of him crashing to gift him victory. I prefer to remember Mansell's remarkable wins at Silverstone '87 or Hungary '89.

As it was the '94 started in tragedy and ended in controversy. Arguably F1 has never quite recovered - '86-'93 was IMO the golden period.

President Solvite
IMO one of the best Mansell races was Mexico '90. He only got second but he drove like a demon and I think Murray Walker was almost about to spontaneously combust when he overtook Gerhard Berger.

The 89 Hungarian GP was also a good one, where he raced three abreast and thrashed Senna into 2nd place by 25 seconds.. Mansell later said it was the best race of his life.. I recall Murray 'exploded' with that race too.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:

IMO one of the best Mansell races was Mexico '90. He only got second but he drove like a demon and I think Murray Walker was almost about to spontaneously combust when he overtook Gerhard Berger.

The 89 Hungarian GP was also a good one, where he raced three abreast and thrashed Senna into 2nd place by 25 seconds.. Mansell later said it was the best race of his life.. I recall Murray 'exploded' with that race too.

I remember Mexico '90, Mansell threw Berger a dummy one way, then the other, Berger didn't have a clue which side Mansell was coming and then he came flying through.

Wheel-to-wheel with Senna in Spain '91 is another good one.

President Solvite
I can't ever recall a 'dull' Mansell race..

It was always a drama, and along with other racing greats Senna, Piquet and Prost all with their own driving style it made an interesting weekend's viewing.

Add a few Murrayisms and the weekend is complete..

trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:

I can't ever recall a 'dull' Mansell race..

It was always a drama, and along with other racing greats Senna, Piquet and Prost all with their own driving style it made an interesting weekend's viewing.

Add a few Murrayisms and the weekend is complete..

Yep, even an apparently straightforward Mansell win would end with him staggering dehydrated from the car!

The Senna/Prost/Mansell/Piquet era was the best ever.

And Murray was just a one-off. The Murray Walker / James Hunt commentary has never been bettered, while Murray's enthusiasm so often got the better of him, but was so entertaining. I remember the time he accidentally jabbed Mansell on the big lump of a bruise on his forehead.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Monza this weekend - another of the classic tracks! Let battle recommence...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Another good race at Monza last weekend, and justice done imo when the Mercedes team orders against Hamilton were undone by Nico's mistake only minutes later; I don't like races decided by either team orders or driver errors, but these sort of equalled each other out!

This morning I have just watched the first ever Formula E race, held in Beijing and shown live on ITV4; it was pretty exciting stuff with far more overtakes and incidents than I expected. The main incident happened on the last lap and if any of you get a chance to check this out on highlights or Youtube it's an absolute MUST SEE moment. Nicholas Prost led Nick Heidfeld into the last lap, the two seperated by 0.6 seconds. Heidfeld makes a move and pulls level on Prost's left side on the last straight before the final turn, but Prost is looking in his right side mirror all the way down the road and doesn't see him; Prost turns left across the track into the final turn, following the racing line, and bangs wheels with Heidfeld who loses control and is flipped over the apex curb and upside down over the barriers into the crash fencing - he barrel rolls about three times as his car disintegrates! Very lucky to escape with his life, let alone uninjured and able to run angrily after Prost...

President Solvite
Yes the Formula E concept is very interesting.. and a worthy direction for the motor industry to take.

trevor travis
COME ON LEWIS!

Spaceship Dispatcher
May the best man on the day win, whichever of them it is...

Looking forward to this final race, but don't support the double points idea Oops

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:May the best man on the day win, whichever of them it is...

The best man is Hamilton, he's won over half the races this year.

If a driver wins 10 races and doesn't win the championship, it'll be farcical.

Time to return to 10-6-4-3-2-1, under that system Hamilton would already be champion.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Excellent drive by Lewis Hamilton, a worthy world champion for the second time.

trevor travis
Well done Lewis! He has outdrove Nico Rosberg for the majority of the year and is a very worthy World Champion!

Spaceship Dispatcher
So, Lewis Hamilton starts where he left off. But I'll bet McLaren didn't think it possible to slide even further down the grid than last year! Grin

trevor travis
Gonna be a stroll for Hamilton this year - Rosberg is a beaten man.

Spaceship Dispatcher
It's an amended schedule this weekend because of the royal funeral, with qualifying at 1pm on Saturday and the race at 2pm on Sunday

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
35,160,070 unique visits since 8th January 2014