Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 1
littlesue

· Total Rebels: 1,294
· Newest Rebel: jds12

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Formula One
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

An excellent British Grand Prix today with some fantastic competetive driving skills on display, especially from Alonso and Vettel in a terrific wheel to wheel duel. Finally a British winner again with Lewis Hamilton closing the gap in the championship, but the really notable performances were all behind him with a brilliant strong second for Bottas in the Williams and a great 4th and 6th for McLaren!

Loved the bitching from Alonso and Vettel on the radio Grin

Great drivers, but idiots as people.

Well done to the Hamster, and it was nice to see both Williams and McLaren perfoming.
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
Another terrific race at the German Grand Prix last week, unless your name is Felipe Massa (again)...

Not sure that its going to be quite the same this week though.
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
Another qualifying disaster for Hamilton already, with a car fire on his first lap! Oops
 
trevor travis
Rosberg doing his best not to smirk while interviewed. He's a disgrace. It seems he has admitted he ran into Hamilton deliberately. He should be suspended for the rest of the season.
 
President Solvite
Lost a lot of respect for Rosberg over the last few weeks.

Rule 1 of Formula One. You NEVER take out your team mate (disregarding this could loose you your seat with any team)

Used to be a bit of a Rosberg fan, but he has blotted his copy book with me.
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
It's what Schumacher did to Damon Hill, which cost Damon the championship. Can't remember the year - 90-something? Schum won - deeply unfair - and was never punished, because he was F1's Ferrari Poster Boy. I'm still cross about that...
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.


Twitter: @TravisinaB7
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
It was 1994, long before he joined Ferrari - but he was Flavio Briatore's poster boy at Benetton which was the next best thing. However, despite the fact the Michael made the move across the track, I still maintain that Hill was the archetect of his own downfall that weekend after watching the replays from different angles several times.
 
President Solvite
I laughed (and laughed and laughed) in 95 when Schumi tried the same trick with Villeneuve..

Jacque drove him off the circuit (and Schumi had to retire) Such a shame, you reap what you sow my friend..
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Spaceship Dispatcher
President Solvite wrote:

...Such a shame, you reap what you sow my friend..

That would be 7 world championships then Grin
 
President Solvite
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

President Solvite wrote:

...Such a shame, you reap what you sow my friend..

That would be 7 world championships then Grin


But whatever, he's not as respected as he could have been.. Sir Stirling Moss NEVER won a championship, but I think he's the better man (and Driver) than Schumi.
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

It was 1994, long before he joined Ferrari - but he was Flavio Briatore's poster boy at Benetton which was the next best thing. However, despite the fact the Michael made the move across the track, I still maintain that Hill was the archetect of his own downfall that weekend after watching the replays from different angles several times.


Poppycock.

Hill was around 4-5 seconds behind Schumacher, and was just out of sight when Schumacher glanced the wall. He had no way of knowing that Schumacher had terminal damage to the Benetton.

As for as Hill was concerned, he just knew Schumacher had made an error and that this was his chance. On the other hand, Schumacher deliberately drove his car at the part of Hill's car where he could do the most damage.

I knew had much respect for Schumacher after that - he remained a tainted World Champion, even more so after his blotted his copybook several more times. The biggest cheat in the history of F1. And Rosberg seems intent on emulating him.
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Hill was around 4-5 seconds behind Schumacher, and was just out of sight when Schumacher glanced the wall. He had no way of knowing that Schumacher had terminal damage to the Benetton.

Precisely! Hill had no idea that Michael had been in a shunt, so his 'overtake' was a desperate move in a tight and narrow corner against an opponent that to the best of his knowledge had a fully functioning car. It was total lunacy on the part of Hill, and no amount of pro-British national feeling against Michael can justify the stupidity of the move. Yes, Michael turned in and caused the accident. But Hill was an idiot for being on the inside of him going into the corner in the first place.
 
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

It's what Schumacher did to Damon Hill, which cost Damon the championship. Can't remember the year - 90-something? Schum won - deeply unfair - and was never punished, because he was F1's Ferrari Poster Boy. I'm still cross about that...


Some dates:

1994 - Schumacher cheats to his first World Championship. It was highly suspected but never proven that that Schumacher's Benetton was using illegal traction control (No 2 driver Jos Verstappen did confirm that Schumacher was indeed driving an illegal car that year a few years ago). Schumacher hits a wall in the final race in Australia, so deliberately aims his car at rival Damon Hill to clinch the championship.
1997 - Schumacher tries the same trick on Jacques Villeneuve in the final race of the season, but simply ends up putting himself in the gravel, with Villeneuve suffers very minimal damage and nurses his car home to a championship-clinching third place. The FIA had a camera onboard that caught Schumacher deliberately turning his steering wheel and he is disqualified from second place in the championship.
2002 - Despite Ferrari having a massive performance advantage, Schumacher is handed the win in Austria after Rubens Barichello slows down to let him past coming out of the final bend. Schumacher brings the sports into further disrepute later in the season, when he tries to dead-heat Barichello in Indianapolis.
2006 - Schumacher deliberately parks his car during the final moments of qualifying, to stop Alonso beating his pole time. The stewards send him to the back of the grid for cheating.
 
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Hill was around 4-5 seconds behind Schumacher, and was just out of sight when Schumacher glanced the wall. He had no way of knowing that Schumacher had terminal damage to the Benetton.

Precisely! Hill had no idea that Michael had been in a shunt, so his 'overtake' was a desperate move in a tight and narrow corner against an opponent that to the best of his knowledge had a fully functioning car. It was total lunacy on the part of Hill, and no amount of pro-British national feeling against Michael can justify the stupidity of the move. Yes, Michael turned in and caused the accident. But Hill was an idiot for being on the inside of him going into the corner in the first place.


You're talking complete nonsense. As far as Hill knew, this was his chance. He had to take it.

This was before everyone knew Schumacher was a cheating scumbag. Hill was (still is) a very honourable and decent man, and he wrongly assumed Schumacher would share those values.
 
trevor travis
In any case, back to the present, and I think it is impossible for Rosberg and Hamilton to both stay at Mercedes in 2015. Rosberg is the one who has caused the problems so he needs to find a new team.
 
Travisina
Oops, I seem to have started something here. Sorry, guys. (Tiptoes away, hoping not to be noticed...)
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.


Twitter: @TravisinaB7
 
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

Oops, I seem to have started something here. Sorry, guys. (Tiptoes away, hoping not to be noticed...)


As you can tell, some others of us were also pretty cross about it. Wink

There's also Prost taking off Senna in Japan in 1989, and Senna's act of revenge at the same track 12 months later. That seemed a personal war, rather than calculated moves to win championships, which Schumacher indulged in.
 
President Solvite
Notice the boos from the fans when Rosberg came onto the podium?

When you hack off the fans and the main bosses including the great Niki Lauda, I think your time with the team is running out..

Shame because I think Niki Rosberg could be a great driver not just a 'successful' one. (notice the distinction)
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

You're talking complete nonsense. As far as Hill knew, this was his chance. He had to take it.

We'll just have to agree to differ on this one.

The race yesterday was pretty good, with some decent on track action again.
 
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

You're talking complete nonsense. As far as Hill knew, this was his chance. He had to take it.

We'll just have to agree to differ on this one.


Well we can agree to differ, but you're wrong - Hill was taking what he thought was his only chance and blatantly taken off in a deliberate move by Schumacher. And then Schumacher stood by the side of the track grinning about it. Cheat.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
35,159,257 unique visits since 8th January 2014