trevor travis wrote:

Which Link is Deep Roy?

The short one.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
Modthra

Brad

OneSparePart wrote:

THIS is the moment Avon breaks....

Anna broke him. This is the moment he stops pretending he is okay.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
Modthra

trevor travis

Brad wrote:

OneSparePart wrote:

THIS is the moment Avon breaks....

Anna broke him. This is the moment he stops pretending he is okay.

I don't really see that. Anna once meant something to him - years ago. I don't think she does any more. Of course, in the immediate aftermath of Anna's death, he's upset and hurting and still is at the start of Sarcophagus. But it's almost if defeating the alien in that episode brings him back to life. Avon is openly flirting with Cally by Moloch and Death-Watch. He's over Anna.

But the Avon/Blake relationship was always complicated. There was nothing sexual or sensual about that one - it was one of belief. Despite all his protests to the contrary, Avon believed in Blake - perhaps more than anyone else, even Jenna, Cally and Gan. It's why, in his own unique way, he is still against the Federation. Servie realises he has that belief and plays him into coming to Terminal and in doing so, Avon repeats all Blake's mistakes and it results in the destruction of Libby and Zen, and also (as we find out next week) the death of Cally.

Avon's realisation that Servie has played him and exactly HOW she has played him is what breaks him. It also explains why his love/hate relationship with Servie has changed almost to complete hatred in Series D.
Edited by trevor travis on 28-09-2022 11:30
Vote Og.

Jump to Forum