View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: C10 Ultraworld - Saturday 3rd September
AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Dayna will kiss anyone.... and strangely, they don't die. Unlike the ones that kiss Avon.


He kissed Servalan, and she's still thriving!
 
AnneArthur
How probable it is that they have no information about sex, when it's something most people think about quite a lot? I think they're just voyeurs . . .
 
Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I find the literal giant brain spoils this episode for me - it just seems ridiculous, somehow.


Is that all that bothers you??


Well, how long have you got? But it's the most immediately annoying thing, yes.

Personally I find the blue alien men more annoying. I’m not the slightest bit convinced by them.
 
Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

How probable it is that they have no information about sex, when it's something most people think about quite a lot? I think they're just voyeurs . . .

LOL
 
M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Dayna will kiss anyone.... and strangely, they don't die. Unlike the ones that kiss Avon.


He kissed Servalan, and she's still thriving!


Well, of course!
"You're not sulking, I hope?"
 
AnneArthur

Tyce wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I find the literal giant brain spoils this episode for me - it just seems ridiculous, somehow.


Is that all that bothers you??


Well, how long have you got? But it's the most immediately annoying thing, yes.

Personally I find the blue alien men more annoying. I’m not the slightest bit convinced by them.


No, neither am I.
 
AnneArthur
Now ORAC is speaking French . . .
 
AnneArthur
I think it would have been funny if they had got the memory tubes the wrong way round.
 
M1795537OCVirn
Love seeing the Liberator wobbling along the track....
"You're not sulking, I hope?"
 
AnneArthur
Yeah, giant brain spurting green goo - doesn't work.
 
M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

I think it would have been funny if they had got the memory tubes the wrong way round.


I think there's been quite a lot of speculation about that!
"You're not sulking, I hope?"
 
AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Love seeing the Liberator wobbling along the track....


Grin
 
AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I think it would have been funny if they had got the memory tubes the wrong way round.


I think there's been quite a lot of speculation about that!


I'm sure there are some good fanfics.
 
Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

I think it would have been funny if they had got the memory tubes the wrong way round.

I know, I’ve always thought that’s an episode I would love to see. LOL
 
M1795537OCVirn
The trouble with making out that Vila is thick, is that he isn't, and he's shown that (to them, and to us) lots of times. Joking about his mental capacity is another thing that doesn't work for me here.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"
 
AnneArthur
Well, there is no Blake's 7 episode without its moments, but that was a definite downturn in quality. And next week we have another rather risible alien villain. I won't be here (provided I can get the funds together, of course), but I'll hopefully be back for the much more enjoyable Death Watch.

Have a good week, everyone.
 
M1795537OCVirn
Off they go into the sunset, as it were.
OK, time I did something constructive, I suppose. Bedtime for Tyce - sleep well!
Bye, Anne. Hope this week brings better news - and some income!
"You're not sulking, I hope?"
 
AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

The trouble with making out that Vila is thick, is that he isn't, and he's shown that (to them, and to us) lots of times. Joking about his mental capacity is another thing that doesn't work for me here.


Yes, I agree. I said last week that I like the Tanith Lee episodes because they explore the tensions between the characters in an intelligent way, but this one is the reverse of that.
 
Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

Well, there is no Blake's 7 episode without its moments, but that was a definite downturn in quality. And next week we have another rather risible alien villain. I won't be here (provided I can get the funds together, of course), but I'll hopefully be back for the much more enjoyable Death Watch.

Have a good week, everyone.

Thinking of you Anne Arthur, I hope things work out.
 
AnneArthur
Have a good week, everyone!
 
Tyce

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Off they go into the sunset, as it were.
OK, time I did something constructive, I suppose. Bedtime for Tyce - sleep well!
Bye, Anne. Hope this week brings better news - and some income!

Bye Virn, have a great day.
 
AnneArthur

Tyce wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Well, there is no Blake's 7 episode without its moments, but that was a definite downturn in quality. And next week we have another rather risible alien villain. I won't be here (provided I can get the funds together, of course), but I'll hopefully be back for the much more enjoyable Death Watch.

Have a good week, everyone.

Thinking of you Anne Arthur, I hope things work out.


Thank you!
 
M1795537OCVirn
Trevor Hoyle as the opposite of Tanith Lee? What an interesting idea. Hoyle's writing was about facts and twists and throwing people off the scent. Whereas Lee was about the scent, and who wore it, and how it affected everyone...
Any thoughts, Travisina? (I know you'll read this eventually!)
"You're not sulking, I hope?"
 
Travisina

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Trevor Hoyle as the opposite of Tanith Lee? What an interesting idea. Hoyle's writing was about facts and twists and throwing people off the scent. Whereas Lee was about the scent, and who wore it, and how it affected everyone...
Any thoughts, Travisina? (I know you'll read this eventually!)

Just read it now! I love that comparison Smile
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
Travisina
Hi everyone,
Sorry-not-sorry to have missed Ultraworld - not one of my fave eps, for reasons mentioned by others in the thread. But sorry to have missed the company and the chat.

I won't be able to join you next Saturday either, because (drum roll, @Tyce) I'm going into London to see the matinee of ABBA: Voyage! Super excited about that GrinGrin

I'll start the thread for Moloch (oh dear, what a shame, I'm missing one of my least fave eps Angry)
Hope everyone has a good week!
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
Pilot53
Just not long seen Moloch & same here one of my least favorite eps still liked Servalan's outfit as I love all she wears & Dayna as well.
Catch you all next week. Hope Anne your issues will be resolved. Good luck.
Cheers all.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
Obsidian
Just reading this Sunday, sorry not to have been here for the rewatch.

AnneArthur, how awful for you! Don't you have contracts to which you can hold these people accountable? Even with government jobs here, I've known it to be standard practice for them to take more than the stated 30-day period to pay people, but to have somewhere argue down the amount they are paying you is shocking. And let's hope these latest potential employers show some conscience and give you the job. Don't you have some sort of fair work ombudsman there?
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.
 
https://www.seraglio-design.com/
Obsidian

Travisina wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Trevor Hoyle as the opposite of Tanith Lee? What an interesting idea. Hoyle's writing was about facts and twists and throwing people off the scent. Whereas Lee was about the scent, and who wore it, and how it affected everyone...
Any thoughts, Travisina? (I know you'll read this eventually!)

Just read it now! I love that comparison Smile


I love it too MsVirn. I think it's male/female contrast, something I've encountered in archaeological interpretation. Women look at things differently and I think you've described that difference perfectly.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.
 
https://www.seraglio-design.com/
AnneArthur

Obsidian wrote:

Just reading this Sunday, sorry not to have been here for the rewatch.

AnneArthur, how awful for you! Don't you have contracts to which you can hold these people accountable? Even with government jobs here, I've known it to be standard practice for them to take more than the stated 30-day period to pay people, but to have somewhere argue down the amount they are paying you is shocking. And let's hope these latest potential employers show some conscience and give you the job. Don't you have some sort of fair work ombudsman there?


It has sorted itself out a bit now. Keele still haven't paid us, and now can't till the end of this month - we are all very angry about that. The problem seems to be trying to economize on administration, which has left a lot of junior administrators who don't know what they are doing trying to cover all bases at once and failing miserably. This, sadly, is only too believable in terms of the way UK universities are run.

Durham, apparently, were not querying the £800 - they thought they had already paid me that. I have shown them that they haven't, and I will get it eventually, but it has to go through payroll, which means a wait. They have, however, paid me £400 as an advance for work I am going to do for them but haven't done yet.

So, to recap, I still haven't been paid for the work I have done, but have been paid for work I haven't done! Makes sense. Still, I am going to stay with a friend on Friday, and at least I can now cover the trip. Thanks for your concern. I'll miss Moloch, which doesn't actually bother me that much, but hope to see you again for Deathwatch.
 
Jump to Forum