View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: C9 Sarcophagus - Saturday 27th August
Travisina
Rewatch Australia: C9 Sarcophagus
Saturday 27th August 2022, 10.30am (UK) / 7.30pm (Australia)

In which Dayna sings and plays a harp, Vila does magic tricks and Avon defeats an ancient alien... just your average day on board Liberator...
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Needless to say, I won't be able to join you for another of my fave eps. Taking mother-in-law to the dentist.

Hopefully one of these days I may be able to join in. Sigh.

M1795537OCVirn
Sarcophagus? Really? We have to watch this again? Oh, well - OK, but only on the understanding that I enjoy the company.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

Gauda Cheese
Y'all be enjoying one of my favourite stories on my 40th.... alas I'll be out, but I love this is happening.

I might watch it tonight. I already have the song playing in my head.

Travisina
Welcome back, Gauda Cheese! And happy 40th Grin

M1795537OCVirn
I have a question that relates to 'Rumours' but I forgot to ask it last week. If going outside the dome was such a crime for Blake and co earlier, how come nobody batted an eyelid about it in 'Rumours'? Had the rules changed since 'The Way Back'? How long ago was that? Or were the rules different in rural areas?? OK, Grenlee says there's no rules for the President and her friends, but why did Residence One have so much surveillance if people weren't allowed out, and visitors were therefore unlikely? And anyway, why was the CCTV system so primitive, when there was much more advanced stuff at their disposal?
(OK, that's more than one question, but they're all related Wink).

PS. Happy Birthday, Gauda Cheese.

Gauda Cheese

Travisina wrote:

Welcome back, Gauda Cheese! And happy 40th Grin

Good to be back.

and cheers M1

Travisina

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

I have a question that relates to 'Rumours' but I forgot to ask it last week. If going outside the dome was such a crime for Blake and co earlier, how come nobody batted an eyelid about it in 'Rumours'? Had the rules changed since 'The Way Back'? How long ago was that? Or were the rules different in rural areas?? OK, Grenlee says there's no rules for the President and her friends, but why did Residence One have so much surveillance if people weren't allowed out, and visitors were therefore unlikely? And anyway, why was the CCTV system so primitive, when there was much more advanced stuff at their disposal?

Funnily enough, Sue Cowley and I were having the exact same discussion only the other night! Maybe everything changed after the Galactic War/s? Maybe once Servalan assumed the presidency she changed everything to suit herself? Or maybe it was always like this - one rule for the ruling class, one for everyone else...

Tyce
I’m here. Just…. How is everyone?

M1795537OCVirn
Lovely sunny morning here in the English Lake District. How's the weather downunder?
Hope you're all well. Probably no hope of starting on time, naturally, so see you in ten minutes.

Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Probably no hope of starting on time, naturally, so see you in ten minutes.

All good here. Have we a quorum? is the question.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.

https://www.seraglio-design.com/
Obsidian

Tyce wrote:

Hi Tyce. How are you managing?

M1795537OCVirn
OK, I'm back - I think we are a quorum. Let's start!

M1795537OCVirn
Can you have a plural of quorum? Presumably quora?

Tyce

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

OK, I'm back - I think we are a quorum. Let's start!

Started.

Obsidian

Travisina wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Funnily enough, Sue Cowley and I were having the exact same discussion only the other night! Maybe everything changed after the Galactic War/s? Maybe once Servalan assumed the presidency she changed everything to suit herself? Or maybe it was always like this - one rule for the ruling class, one for everyone else...

I always assumed that it was once law for the upper echelons and another for everyone else. You'd still have to have reasonable security if, as seems to be the case from Servalan's example, that there was considerable competition amongst the upper echelons, especially those holding some political power. The crummy surveillance system is probably a result of a lack of imagination rather than much else. There should have been satellite surveillance and the whole thing but, outside of the military and those who knew what sort of devices were in use, in 1979 the idea of universal surveillance probably hadn't occurred to the creators.

Tyce

Obsidian wrote:

Tyce wrote:

I’m ok thanks. Not great but getting there. How are you?

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Yes, quora I think. Hello everyone. I'm a bit late because my computer decided it needed to update at precisely this moment.

M1795537OCVirn
Sorry, I didn't say 'hello' Tyce and Obsidian - greetings from a sunny morning here on Virn. What's the weather doing down there?

AnneArthur

Travisina wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

I think perhaps it's a sing of how much less secure everything is? The kind of control that existed in The Way Back is no longer possible, or only patchily possible?
Edited by AnneArthur on 27-08-2022 09:39

Obsidian

Tyce wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Tyce wrote:

I’m ok thanks. Not great but getting there. How are you?

I'm ok but haven't completely thrown the airline lurgy yet. Getting there like you, I think. Viewing B7 makes me feel a lot better.Grin

Tyce

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Y'all be enjoying one of my favourite stories on my 40th.... alas I'll be out, but I love this is happening.

I might watch it tonight. I already have the song playing in my head.

Good to see you again Gauda Cheese. Paris - nice. :-)

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Yes, quora I think. Hello everyone. I'm a bit late because my computer decided it needed to update at precisely this moment.

That's handy. Glad you made it Anne. All good with you?

M1795537OCVirn

Obsidian wrote:

I always assumed that it was once law for the upper echelons and another for everyone else. You'd still have to have reasonable security if, as seems to be the case from Servalan's example, that there was considerable competition amongst the upper echelons, especially those holding some political power. The crummy surveillance system is probably a result of a lack of imagination rather than much else. There should have been satellite surveillance and the whole thing but, outside of the military and those who knew what sort of devices were in use, in 1979 the idea of universal surveillance probably hadn't occurred to the creators.

Yes, That's about what I was thinking. Lower classes would have been indoctrinated to stay in the domes, leaving the natural countryside, fresh air etc to the more deserving Alphas.

Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Yes, That's about what I was thinking. Lower classes would have been indoctrinated to stay in the domes, leaving the natural countryside, fresh air etc to the more deserving Alphas.

Yep, that's exactly how I see it.

M1795537OCVirn
Hi Anne!

AnneArthur
Sunny here. But I'm getting very nervous about the job interview. I don't think I'll get it, but I wish I had less time to worry about it.

Obsidian
I would go out of my head in one of Liberator's cabins unless, of course, I'd tricked it out with Persian rugs, embroidered textiles, bits of silver etc., all picked up on my travels around the Galaxy.

AnneArthur
A nice exchange between Avon and Cally. He's not really much good at sympathy, but she understands him.

M1795537OCVirn
Avon being a bit thoughtful and (almost caring)? Killing your ex-lover changes people.

AnneArthur
Hi MS Virn, Obsidian!

Tyce
Did Cally draw the sketch? If so when did become an artist? Or did she find it on ‘google’?

Tyce

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Avon being a bit thoughtful and (almost caring)? Killing your ex-lover changes people.

LOL

AnneArthur
Sorry to hear you're still feeling under the weather, Obsidian. This thing really seems to take a long time to throw off - hope you get over it soon.

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

Sunny here. But I'm getting very nervous about the job interview. I don't think I'll get it, but I wish I had less time to worry about it.

Yes, time to stew is unhelpful. It depends what it is you think you need to know. Invariably, it will be the mission statement and Equal Opportunity rules ahead of anything else.

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

Decide you haven't got it and let it go. (If it happens, so much the better).

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

It does make him telling her not to dwell on the past ironic - and they both know it.

Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

A nice exchange between Avon and Cally. He's not really much good at sympathy, but she understands him.

That exchange is one of the best in the whole of B7 - and yes I know it’s got some serious competition.

AnneArthur
Avon has also got much better about putting Tarrant in his place.

Obsidian

Tyce wrote:

Did Cally draw the sketch? If so when did become an artist? Or did she find it on ‘google’?

Where did she get the graphite writing sticks, or did she pinch them from the Thaarn?

Jump to Forum