View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: C4 Dawn of the Gods - Saturday 23rd July
AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

How does the Liberator land, exactly? It seems to have legs here - do they retract when it is in space?

Presumably. Although a ship that big would need a really solid bit of ground.

It must be a vast cavern.

Pilot53
With the addition of new members I'm surprised they don't participate here & join in? Maybe they're frightened off by Servalan who knows?🤔🤔🤔🤔
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Hello, sorry I'm late. Blame our visitors. How are you all? Might not be able to stay long, but I'm with you in spirit!

Hello! We're a bit down on numbers today. Tyce has a headache, and Obsidian is presumably still in Cornwall.

While Travsina is racing about trying to fit everything in, as usual. Where are you up to in the ep? Not one of my favourites - you can probably guess why. And The THAARN is a bit of a pain, isn't he? I wonder if Cally responded to being 'needed' - the rest of them didn't exactly make her feel needed.

I think she is upset by the lack of purpose - she was a freedom fighter, after all. I think she misses Blake more than she says, and misses the sense of purpose he gave the crew.

AnneArthur
Vila getting his revenge on Tarrant for sending him out in the first place.

Pilot53
I faintly recall in another episode, the Liberator landing somewhere having her landing gear up concealed in it's fuselage.
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur
This machine is presumaby like the JCB with the claw that has been tearing apart the football stadium behind my house - but that didn't have a big scary face painted on it.

AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

I faintly recall in another episode, the Liberator landing somewhere having her landing gear up concealed in it's fuselage.

That would make sense.

M1795537OCVirn
The new members - there might not be many in the Southern Hemisphere, and/or free on Saturdays, but I agree. With a few notable exceptions (hi, Anne!) they're generally a bit quiet.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

AnneArthur
A caliph in Regency costume - where does the Thaarn get this from?

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Hello, sorry I'm late. Blame our visitors. How are you all? Might not be able to stay long, but I'm with you in spirit!

Hello! We're a bit down on numbers today. Tyce has a headache, and Obsidian is presumably still in Cornwall.

While Travsina is racing about trying to fit everything in, as usual. Where are you up to in the ep? Not one of my favourites - you can probably guess why. And The THAARN is a bit of a pain, isn't he? I wonder if Cally responded to being 'needed' - the rest of them didn't exactly make her feel needed.

I think she is upset by the lack of purpose - she was a freedom fighter, after all. I think she misses Blake more than she says, and misses the sense of purpose he gave the crew.

Good point.

Pilot53
Well all must be off. A hot drink of herbal tea then come what may.
Hope u all have a great rest of the weekend ahead.
Cheers all.
Australia
The Penal Colony

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

The new members - there might not be many in the Southern Hemisphere, and/or free on Saturdays, but I agree. With a few notable exceptions (hi, Anne!) they're generally a bit quiet.

I enjoy the rewatches! I keep meaning to take part in the monthly fic-writing challenges, but I never seem to find the time. Sad.

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

This machine is presumaby like the JCB with the claw that has been tearing apart the football stadium behind my house - but that didn't have a big scary face painted on it.

I mean - WHY?? it looks so stupid!

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

It is Blake's name she cries when she is dying, for example.

Good point.

M1795537OCVirn
Bye, Pilot. Nice to hear from you.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I mean - WHY?? it looks so stupid!

It would be nice to think that the Thaarn was greatly misundersetimating the intelligence of his slaves.

M1795537OCVirn
Gibbering idiot? That's Tarrant!

AnneArthur
Bye Pilot! See you in two weeks time, I hope.

AnneArthur
Grin

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Gibbering idiot? That's Tarrant!

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

I enjoy the rewatches! I keep meaning to take part in the monthly fic-writing challenges, but I never seem to find the time. Sad.

Maybe if you weren't having to use all your energy to survive, writing would be easier!

AnneArthur
I'm always intrigued by the technician with the mask you see in the background.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Maybe if you weren't having to use all your energy to survive, writing would be easier!

Definitely! The Universal Credit people were keeping my application open, because the job I had in the spring was only for 4 months - but head office cae along and closed it last week, so I'm having to start from the beginning again. I have a totally unneccessary meeting today. Most annoying.

M1795537OCVirn
Don't think we come across Zen and Orac communicating by direct sensory link in later episodes. Might have changed a few episodes if the writers had remembered the possibility.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Don't think we come across Zen and Orac communicating by direct sensory link in later episodes. Might have changed a few episodes if the writers had remembered the possibility.

Yes - and it makes perfect sense too.

M1795537OCVirn
How's your cat? My new kitten is asleep on me, having killed her toy mouse, climbed the curtains and frightened the dog.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

How's your cat? My new kitten is asleep on me, having killed her toy mouse, climbed the curtains and frightened the dog.

Roxy is curled up sleeping next to me. She didn't like the hot weather, but is happier now.

How long have you had the kitten? What's s/he called? And what colour?

M1795537OCVirn
Good old ORAC.

M1795537OCVirn
Tortie and white. She's 9 weeks approx. Any name suggestions?

AnneArthur
And good old Cally!

M1795537OCVirn
Why is Cally making noises when she could also communicate by direct sensory link??

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Tortie and white. She's 9 weeks approx. Any name suggestions?

Lovely! Cally, because tortie and white are sometimes called calico cats?

But you're probably better going with something not Blake's 7 related!

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Why is Cally making noises when she could also communicate by direct sensory link??

Indeed.

AnneArthur
Vila really is an idiot.

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

Vila really is an idiot.

If he's supposed to represent the everyman, count me out!

M1795537OCVirn
But Orac isn't a computer, Tarrant. How many more times?

AnneArthur
Well, that was a good rewatch. I won't be around on Tuesday to see it again, and I won't be around next Saturday because I'll be on my way to the summer school where I am teaching - and I won't be around that Tuesday because I'll be at the summer school. So I'll miss Harvest of Kairos - which as it's an episode I don't like, does not upset me too much! But I hope to be around for City at the Edge of the World.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Vila really is an idiot.

If he's supposed to represent the everyman, count me out!

Sometimes he's great - and I suppose I don't blame him for being afraid of the machine the first time, because everything is so strange. But to be msemerised by it when he knows perfectly well what it is!

M1795537OCVirn
But you'll miss the kairopan spider! Hope the summer school goes well. In the olden days I once did an OU summer school there (as a student).

AnneArthur
I hadn't noticed before how it's at the beginning of series 3 that we have several really dumb Vila episodes. I wonder if it's his version of Cally's lonelines, his reaction to losing Blake and the uncertain atmosphere aboard the Liberator?

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

But you'll miss the kairopan spider! Hope the summer school goes well. In the olden days I once did an OU summer school there (as a student).

I think I can live without that spider . . .

What do you make of that episode? I would like to think that Servalan is playing games with Jarvik (or whatever his name is), and does not take him seriously.

Jump to Forum