blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: B13 Star One - Saturday 25th June
Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Is that the first time we've seen blood?

I think it might be.

Yes, AND IT WAS GOOD!

That's a slightly worrying response. I'm hoping you mean the effect was good?
But why does it never happen again (or before)?

Especially when two ticks later a shot from the same blaster does nothing. It was a great effect – splatter everywhere AND it's not green. I don't know why the gore was limited. Maybe FX could only afford one bucketful.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.

https://www.seraglio-design.com/
AnneArthur
Ah! Second best ending in the series. But it's odd - because I never saw the first two series when I watched this originally, I always look forward to getting into the more familiar territory of the last two.

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

That's quite an exit line for Blake!

The whole episode is beautifully written. I rate Chris Boucher very highly. Watching Doctors Who that I never saw before, The Robots of Death stands out like a bright shining gem. I'd love to meet the man. His brain works in a way I admire greatly.

M1795537OCVirn
OK, I, for one, am not ready to go back to RL just yet. I'm off to view the 'special features'. Have a great day, all. See you next time, I hope.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

AnneArthur

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

That's quite an exit line for Blake!

The whole episode is beautifully written. I rate Chris Boucher very highly. Watching Doctors Who that I never saw before, The Robots of Death stands out like a bright shining gem. I'd love to meet the man. His brain works in a way I admire greatly.

The Robots of Death is excellent. I remember it from my childhood for those gorgeous robots - I absolutely fell in love with them. But seeing it as an adult, the script is a gem too.

AnneArthur
I have to get on with my day, sadly, But great to see you all - see you next week for What Avon Did Next!

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

Ah! Second best ending in the series. But it's odd - because I never saw the first two series when I watched this originally, I always look forward to getting into the more familiar territory of the last two.

I didn't see the last ep of S3 or any of S4 the first time around, back in the early 80s. Had to wait for the 20 year-old thesis to be out of my head before I could go "Now, what happened in B7?" It had been a need aching there for years. My dearly beloved got me the vids and made me a happy grrrl. But even though I hadn't seen them, they fell into place perfectly; everything made sense.

Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

OK, I, for one, am not ready to go back to RL just yet. I'm off to view the 'special features'. Have a great day, all. See you next time, I hope.

Have fun MsVirn. They ARE good. See you next time, by when I will be getting twitchy for travel.

M1795537OCVirn

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I didn't see the last ep of S3 or any of S4 the first time around, back in the early 80s. Had to wait for the 20 year-old thesis to be out of my head before I could go "Now, what happened in B7?" It had been a need aching there for years. My dearly beloved got me the vids and made me a happy grrrl. But even though I hadn't seen them, they fell into place perfectly; everything made sense.

Glad you got them in the end!

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

I have to get on with my day, sadly, But great to see you all - see you next week for What Avon Did Next!

Have a good day Anne, and a good week, and I'll catch up with you then. Thanks for the weather forecast.

M1795537OCVirn

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Have a good day Anne, and a good week, and I'll catch up with you then. Thanks for the weather forecast.

It's a trick, Obsidian!! It's all cold and windy here. And it rained. Save yourself!

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

It's a trick, Obsidian!! It's all cold and windy here. And it rained. Save yourself!

Hasn't rained here yet - although ominous balck clouds are building. And it is supposed to get cooler.

Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

A time of great rejoicing, singing and dancing in the streets, and a fair amount of sobbing too, because I'd finally found something I'd been missing for years. Then I looked for that Robin Hood show that had been on, briefly, back in 1975/76, to find out who that amazing actor was who played the Sheriff of Nottingham. More rejoicing and sobs.

Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Grin Grin Grin

Don't worry. I'm a regular little Girl Scout and know how to come prepared. I also know how to go shopping should I end up needing a pair of wellies.

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Hasn't rained here yet - although ominous balck clouds are building. And it is supposed to get cooler.

If one can manage Melbourne, one can manage the UK. Melbourne – famously (or is that infamously?) – has the most fickle weather of anywhere I know. Yet, it's a beautiful city, so you can forgive it its foibles.

M1795537OCVirn

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

A time of great rejoicing, singing and dancing in the streets, and a fair amount of sobbing too, because I'd finally found something I'd been missing for years. Then I looked for that Robin Hood show that had been on, briefly, back in 1975/76, to find out who that amazing actor was who played the Sheriff of Nottingham. More rejoicing and sobs.

Much as I did a few years ago when I discovered HORIZON was still going - and with the same people! Lost touch for a couple of decades back there. Glad to be back.

Pilot53
Darn..missed out again!😥😥😥
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.

Travisina
I've just caught up with the thread - interesting comments, sorry to have missed it.

I shall leave you with a Fibb Poem for this ep:

We've
Reached
Star One.
Final Act,
Cliffhanger ending.
Tune in next time for Aftermath!
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum