View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: B12 The Keeper - Saturday 18th June
Obsidian
Tyce, good to have you back. You must tell all some time soon. Others in the UK said that the ABBA show was fantastic. Mxx
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.
 
https://www.seraglio-design.com/
AnneArthur

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Bother, it's finished. I'll have to do some WORK now. Thank you all for a lovely morning, even if this isn't one of my favourite eps - too much shouting. But worth watching because Servalan was in it.
Take care: see you next week.


Grin There IS a lot of shouting. I always wonder what it's like for an actor having to put up with someone yelling in your face.

Have a good week MsVirn, with hopefully not too much work.


Ask anyone who's ever worked with Brian Blessed!
 
Tyce

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Is Tara supposed to be Rod and Gola’s sister, mother or aunt?


Their sister. Their very canny sister.

Well that’s what I thought, but then why didn’t she go down to the cells and get her ‘father’ out??


Because she knows he is dying?


Because he's elderly and probably not able to protect her. She might otherwise end up with one of those spiky caltrap things in her head. Also, it was, until now, a patriarchy and we know what they're like.

No I mean after both Gola and Rod are dead.
 
Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

Tyce wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Is Tara supposed to be Rod and Gola’s sister, mother or aunt?


Their sister. Their very canny sister.

Well that’s what I thought, but then why didn’t she go down to the cells and get her ‘father’ out??


Because she knows he is dying?

Umm…. that would make it weirder.


I think she wants rid of all the outsiders, so that she can take power herself. If Blake and the others free the old sharl and the fool, they will come back up, but, even if she doesn't know that he's dying, she knows that he will be pretty weak by now, and, as Obsidian says, not able to protect her. She needs to be in the tent, in the heart of things, to establish control - if she goes downstairs, some ambitious second cousin could seize his chance.


Exactamente! And it's why I really like her character – other than the infectious cackling, that is.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.
 
https://www.seraglio-design.com/
Obsidian

Tyce wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Is Tara supposed to be Rod and Gola’s sister, mother or aunt?


Their sister. Their very canny sister.

Well that’s what I thought, but then why didn’t she go down to the cells and get her ‘father’ out??


Because she knows he is dying?


Because he's elderly and probably not able to protect her. She might otherwise end up with one of those spiky caltrap things in her head. Also, it was, until now, a patriarchy and we know what they're like.

No I mean after both Gola and Rod are dead.


As AnneArthur says. The minute your back's turned, someone else takes power.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.
 
https://www.seraglio-design.com/
Pilot53
Hi all..got side tracked...( again)....
Sorry bout my late arrival....
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
AnneArthur

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

That was fun. Thanks for watching everyone. On to next week, when we find out what Travis is really going to do with the location of Star One.


And why isn't Servie with him given that she's was on Goth?


I must admit that I am finding it hard to know who knows what at this point! I had always thought that Travis was plotting with the Andromedans for a long time, but, if he doesn't know where Star One is, how does he know that they have infiltrated it?
 
Pilot53
Was here earlier on thort I'd stay on line but was way too early. Logged off & got side tracked one of my downfalls.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
AnneArthur

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Tyce wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Is Tara supposed to be Rod and Gola’s sister, mother or aunt?


Their sister. Their very canny sister.

Well that’s what I thought, but then why didn’t she go down to the cells and get her ‘father’ out??


Because she knows he is dying?

Umm…. that would make it weirder.


I think she wants rid of all the outsiders, so that she can take power herself. If Blake and the others free the old sharl and the fool, they will come back up, but, even if she doesn't know that he's dying, she knows that he will be pretty weak by now, and, as Obsidian says, not able to protect her. She needs to be in the tent, in the heart of things, to establish control - if she goes downstairs, some ambitious second cousin could seize his chance.


Exactamente! And it's why I really like her character – other than the infectious cackling, that is.


The cackling is annoying - but other than that, yes, she's a great character.
 
Pilot53
Not many know Star One's location seems Servalan didn't even know....
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
AnneArthur
There is also the thing that Tara refers to the old sharl as 'their' father - referring to Gola and Rod. It is possible that she is their half-sister, and he is not her father. Power might be passed down through the female line, but be (implicitly) patriarchal, so that Tara, the eldest sibling, has been passed over - and has always resented it.

Or of course I could be reading far too much into this!

Actually, that doesn't really work, does it - if power is passed through the mother, then it would be Tara's children who inherit. Sorry - didn't think that through properly.
 
AnneArthur

Pilot53 wrote:

Not many know Star One's location seems Servalan didn't even know....


The question is, does she know now?

Nice to see you again, Pilot!
 
Pilot53
Anna Arthur I too was thinking along the same train of thourghts. This episode was well written & played out.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
Pilot53

AnneArthur wrote:

[quote name=Pilot53 post=9261]Not many know Star One's location seems Servalan didn't even know....


The question is, does she know now?

Nice to see you again, Pilot!
Thanks Anne somehow I got the impression she knew but didn't want Travis to know she did. Kept her secret well hidden.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
Pilot53
Well another Saturday night gone. I too will be off & as always been great chatting with you all. Stay safe one & all.
As winter is here, summer by u there, stay hydrated & we'll catch up next Saturday.
Cheers....
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
Travisina
Hi all,
Apologies (again) for missing the rewatch (again) - fingers crossed I'll be able to join you for next week's trip to Star One.

Tyce, it was so great meeting you in real life! Sorry you're missing Forever Avon, though.
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
Pilot53
Down & safe.
Here early rather than late, now approaching 7:30 rather than 8pm. Hope all r well & Star One on the brink of being destroyed by our foe Travis. Nice to hear Tyce & Travisina met up in real life, glad u two got together. Not sure if this thread is current I'll have to check back later.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
Pilot53
Liked the part when both Blake & Cally were caught & taken to the leader. He thort Blake was Travis..... Would've got away if Travis didn't intervene.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
Pilot53
For once I felt sorry for Servalan & I took her side. Think Travis went against her at this point.
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.
 
Jump to Forum