View Thread
 Print Thread
Survivors rewatch - 2.6 Witch
trevor travis
For perhaps the first time, Survivors gets a little silly here.
Vote Og.

Paula

trevor travis wrote:

For perhaps the first time, Survivors gets a little silly here.

Yeah, it's a bit of a reach and getting out of hand.
Resist the Host

OneSparePart
I'm afraid I'm not falling for this episode so far. Those 2 kids have been used too often as the merchants of mischief. And as for this witch thing... Even in those circumstances, I don't believe anyone would believe in witches....
There's an angel standing in the sun Free to get back home

OneSparePart
What is her accent supposed to be? Mina the name sounds east european but I swear she keeps breaking out in Welsh.

trevor travis
Pet's now gone loopy!
Vote Og.

Paula

OneSparePart wrote:

What is her accent supposed to be? Mina the name sounds east european but I swear she keeps breaking out in Welsh.

I'm no expert but I thought she was Welsh.
Resist the Host

trevor travis

OneSparePart wrote:

She sounds a bit Welsh to me.
Vote Og.

trevor travis

OneSparePart wrote:

I'm afraid I'm not falling for this episode so far. Those 2 kids have been used too often as the merchants of mischief. And as for this witch thing... Even in those circumstances, I don't believe anyone would believe in witches....

when I watched it before, I thought it was the first episode that doesn't completely work. But considering this is the 19th episode, that's not bad at all!
Vote Og.

trevor travis
Charles seems to be the only one who has taken his sanity pills!
Vote Og.

OneSparePart

trevor travis wrote:

[quote name=OneSparePart post=8093]I'm afraid I'm not falling for this episode so far. Those 2 kids have been used too often as the merchants of mischief. And as for this witch thing... Even in those circumstances, I don't believe anyone would believe in witches....

You are right. We were only saying the other week how high the standard of the writing and story ideas was...or something like that anyway.
when I watched it before, I thought it was the first episode that doesn't completely work. But considering this is the 19th episode, that's not

OneSparePart
Charles has got the power of persuasion

trevor travis
Greg in a bad mood - things back to normal!
Vote Og.

trevor travis

OneSparePart wrote:

Charles has got the power of persuasion

Yeah. We saw that the first very time we saw him, although he hadn't quite got it under control at that point Wink
Vote Og.

OneSparePart
Oh good lord now it really looks like a witch hunt!

OneSparePart
Omg is something horrible going to happen with the waterwheel?

Paula
And for the ending, Hubert sings 'What I did for Love'.
Resist the Host

trevor travis
Bit of a peculiar episode that one, although John Abineri is still great! At least Hubert is pretty harmless - he's not another Tom Price!
Vote Og.

OneSparePart
Well for once Survivors was horrible for the wrong reason. No tough storyline just a terrible one.

Paula

trevor travis wrote:

Bit of a peculiar episode that one, although John Abineri is still great! At least Hubert is pretty harmless - he's not another Tom Price!

I was thinking that at one point.
Resist the Host

OneSparePart

trevor travis wrote:

Harmless? I wouldn't want him leching after me...yuk.

trevor travis
Thanks OSP and Paula. Can't make Wednesdays much at all, but will start to try to join in on the Tuesday rewatch!
Vote Og.

Paula
'Night all. It was fun.
Resist the Host

OneSparePart
Night Paula night TT - NICE TO CHAT WITH YOU... oh had an attack of the brian blesseds then....

OneSparePart

Paula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I'd forgotten that Gordon from Red Dwarf is in this. He's got an IQ of 12,000 you know.

Bless him, he's a good actor but I can't get away from that voice. it's Gordon alright.

And yesterday I watched Lord Peter Wimsey with Edward Petheridge and Harriet Walters in Have His Carcase. They are in a pub in one scene...hallo! That voice sounds familiar ...Gordon strikes again as the pub landlord.

Jump to Forum