Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 17

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,294
· Newest Rebel: jds12

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Spotted........
littlesue
Watching Doctor in Clover last night on Talking Pictures and who should turn up as a nurse? Why the lovely Suzan Farmer (Meegat) and in a none speaking part but having a dance with James Robinson Justice...none other than Alexandra Bastedo..Sharron from the Champions!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Endless Midnight
Deva wrote:

John 'Bercol/Shrinker' Bryans in episode one of Death of an Expert Witness, a 1983 TV adaptation of a PD James story. Definitely more Shrinker in this as he's wearing the beard.

He turns up as Dr Becker, Del's family doctor, in a 1983 episode of Only Fools and Horses as well.

Also watched Flash Gordon for the first time in probably 30 years... Brian Blessed of course, David Neal and John Hollis... was anyone else from B7 in FG that I missed?

Yes, Bobbie Brown and Deep Roy.

Deva
Endless Midnight wrote:

Deva wrote:

John 'Bercol/Shrinker' Bryans in episode one of Death of an Expert Witness, a 1983 TV adaptation of a PD James story. Definitely more Shrinker in this as he's wearing the beard.

He turns up as Dr Becker, Del's family doctor, in a 1983 episode of Only Fools and Horses as well.

Also watched Flash Gordon for the first time in probably 30 years... Brian Blessed of course, David Neal and John Hollis... was anyone else from B7 in FG that I missed?

Yes, Bobbie Brown and Deep Roy.

Thanks, Endless Midnight, Deep Roy, of course!, as Fellini, and Bobbie Brown, as Hedonia. I never would have recognised her but now that I think about it, the voice, yes, absolutely.

I've finished Death of an Expert Witness and John Bryans featured in a couple or three more episodes.
Edited by Deva on 07 July 2021 17:24:36
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

Lee Bagnall
Paul Shelley was in something I was watching the other night, possibly Midsommer Murders.
"Seldon, Janov. Space Commander. Alpha 14922. Name, rank and serial number. That's all you're getting!"

Deva
Robert 'We demand our rights as Federation citizens' Beatty can currently be heard on Radio 4 extra starring as Quentin 'Q' Barnaby in the surviving episodes of series three of Destination - Fire! from 1965.

Deva
Rejoice Robert Beatty fans! As well as starring in Destination - Fire! on 4 extra at the moment, he can also be heard guest starring in The Mystery of the Blue Train, a Poirot serial.

Obsidian
Lee Bagnall wrote:

Paul Shelley was in something I was watching the other night, possibly Midsommer Murders.

He was in a Morse that I was watching.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
I'm an antiques auction aficionado but also like to check out autographs. These came up recently. Anyone know who the bespectacled character is that our hero is playing?
i.imgur.com/RA0YdtX.jpg
i.imgur.com/oTpxdaj.png

BradPaula
Obsidian, that's Deep Roy as the Oompa-Loompa from the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Deep Roy played all the Oompa-Loompas and was amazing.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

thewayback7
i.imgur.com/si289Mf.jpg

Keith Drinkell, as Romeo, and Janet Chappell, as Juliet, at Leicester Phoenix. September 1971

Joe Dredd
Spotted by the awesome Tyce...

The serious investigative Australian news programme Four Corners showed the BBC Panorama piece "Are You Scared Yet, Human?", about AI and the development of war robots, this evening.

Near the start it introduces William Tunstall-Pedoe, who invented the voice-controlled computer Eva in Cambridge. It got sold to Amazon who renamed it Alexa. Tunstall-Pedoe continued working on its development and launch, only leaving in 2016.

At 3'34' he mentions B7 by name (a photo of the S2 crew is shown at 3'20"), acknowledging that he was directly influenced by the talking computers in the show, and some other SF show I've never heard of ; )

ABC iview - Not sure if this is accessible outside of Australia.

It's simply amazing to think Orac is the inspiration for Alexa, and perhaps related in some (tenuous) way. Oh - and the hugbots are at 7'50".

Thanks Tyce!

Obsidian
BradPaula wrote:

Obsidian, that's Deep Roy as the Oompa-Loompa from the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Deep Roy played all the Oompa-Loompas and was amazing.

Ah. That explains it. I was deep-ly not inspired to watch the film but had heard about him playing all the Oompa-Loompas. I was never into Willy Wonka – Roald Dahl was always too kiddy for me ever as a kid – but if there has to be one on film, Gene Wilder does it for me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spotted by the awesome Tyce...

The serious investigative Australian news programme Four Corners showed the BBC Panorama piece "Are You Scared Yet, Human?", about AI and the development of war robots, this evening.

Near the start it introduces William Tunstall-Pedoe, who invented the voice-controlled computer Eva in Cambridge. It got sold to Amazon who renamed it Alexa. Tunstall-Pedoe continued working on its development and launch, only leaving in 2016.

At 3'34' he mentions B7 by name (a photo of the S2 crew is shown at 3'20"Wink, acknowledging that he was directly influenced by the talking computers in the show, and some other SF show I've never heard of ; )

ABC iview - Not sure if this is accessible outside of Australia.

It's simply amazing to think Orac is the inspiration for Alexa, and perhaps related in some (tenuous) way. Oh - and the hugbots are at 7'50".

Thanks Tyce!

The show was British, wasn't it? So maybe accessible elsewhere for Brits.

Endless Midnight
Ania Marson - Geela from The Web - plays Heather Button, the ghost of an upper class 1910s lady, in 'Ghosts', a comedy series made by the Horrible Histories team.

briggsy1
Currently rewatching Space 1999 on Horror channel. Today I spotted both Roy Boyd (with a wig rather than a pink topknot) and Harry Fielder in small roles.

One Spare Part
Glynis Barber in an episode of The Sandbaggers. Must have been just before her turn in B7.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
Spotted Deep Roy in 'The Big Fish' starring Ewan McGregor and Albert Finney (2003).
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Deva
Isla 'Sinofar' Blair in the Space 1999 episode Journey to Where. Interesting wig.

One Spare Part
Deva wrote:

Isla 'Sinofar' Blair in the Space 1999 episode Journey to Where. Interesting wig.

Weirdly enough, I have just rewatched that episode of S1999 myself. I am racking my brain trying to remember another SF show which did a similar story: a fight for life which becomes a fight to the death only for it to be revealed as an illusion. I know Star Trek Voyager did something similar.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Lee Bagnall
Carol Royale was in last night's episode of Endeavor on ITV.
"Seldon, Janov. Space Commander. Alpha 14922. Name, rank and serial number. That's all you're getting!"

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.87 seconds
35,163,113 unique visits since 8th January 2014