Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Panna wrote:

I love complicated ideas done clearly.

Yes, very neat; also, whether by accident or design, the terms used in this match up quite well with those used the following season in The Leisure Hive.

What, that mish-mash of badly thought about ideas. Chris H Bidmead was a poor replacement for the genius of Douglas Adams.

Panna
Do you need a certificate...lol!
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

trevor travis
Uh-oh, the end of Kerensky... as he gets Egrorianed Shock

trevor travis
Episode 4....

Watched by 16.1 million viewers!!!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Panna wrote:

Yes, very neat; also, whether by accident or design, the terms used in this match up quite well with those used the following season in The Leisure Hive.

What, that mish-mash of badly thought about ideas. Chris H Bidmead was a poor replacement for the genius of Douglas Adams.

Still almost perfect dialogue continuity; besides, the script of Hive wasn't written by Chris Bidmead.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Panna
trevor travis wrote:

Uh-oh, the end of Kerensky... as he gets Egrorianed Shock

LMAO2055
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Episode 4....

Because of the ITV strike.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Panna wrote:

Still almost perfect dialogue continuity; besides, the script of Hive wasn't written by Chris Bidmead.

No, it was a decent script by David Fisher (read the novelisation), then butchered by Bidmead.

Panna

trevor travis wrote:

Panna wrote:

I didn't think either Bidmead or Saward came along until the Peter Davison era, cause the sonic screwdriver still lives.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Episode 4....

Because of the ITV strike.

Season 17 still had about 10 million viewers even after the strike.

The Leisure Hive and Meglos between them managed to lose half the audience, DW lost its Saturday night slot, and the programme was on a downward slope from then onwards....

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Panna wrote:

No, it was a decent script by David Fisher (read the novelisation), then butchered by Bidmead.

Chris Bidmead is still one of my favourite script editors/show runners (or equivalent) on the series, of any era. I'm looking forward to hearing him read his own novel of one of my favourite 80s stories Frontios.

Panna
I really liked Meglos as a kid, Leisure Hive too. One of the few happy childhood memories I have. I don't think it really went downhill until the death of the sonic screwdriver.

trevor travis
The Doctor name drops Shakespeare Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Panna wrote:

I didn't think either Bidmead or Saward came along until the Peter Davison era, cause the sonic screwdriver still lives.

Chris Bidmead was script editor on Tom Baker's final season.

trevor travis
Chris Bidmead is still one of my favourite script editors/show runners (or equivalent) on the series, of any era.

I don't think you'd think that, had you watched Season 18 as a child. You'd have been as alienated and confused as the rest of us. Doctor Who is supposed to be accessible to children, and JNT & Bidmead forgot this golden rule.

Panna
All of it beats the pants off of Star Trek TOS IMHO. Watching reruns of Kirk wooing the babe of the week was never as amusing or fun as Who.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This scene between Tom Baker and Catherine Schell is good, but they don't quite have the same spark without Julian Glover or Tom Chadbon in the room.

Panna
trevor travis wrote:

Chris Bidmead is still one of my favourite script editors/show runners (or equivalent) on the series, of any era.

I don't think you'd think that, had you watched Season 18 as a child. You'd have been as alienated and confused as the rest of us. Doctor Who is supposed to be accessible to children, and JNT & Bidmead forgot this golden rule.

That was my favorite season as a kid, along with 17. I maybe felt alienated anyway, being American.

trevor travis
The Countess twigs the truth... I love the Pink Panther music that accompanies her, given that's what she'd been in... Dudley was in inspired form. Grin

Panna
I am so glad now that I wasn't around other fans growing up and didn't know these rules.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,140,811 unique visits since 8th January 2014