Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Oz - The Web Planet
Spaceship Dispatcher
Wow, that scene of the Optera sacrificing herself is quite a strong idea. I remember being quite unsettled by it on first viewing; it doesn't quite work in the execution, but it's a good scene.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
The isoptope is a simple prop, but still effective.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Gauda Cheese
LAST ONE! Oops
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Fair play to Maureen O'Brien, who is staying enthusiastic despite eveyrthing.

Despite what? The cast and crew, and viewers, at the time thought this was great fun at the time as far as I know. So a few fans fifty years in the future would sit at home writing unpleasant things about their work? Even if they could have known, I don't see why they would have been turned off liking what they were doing. Being on Doctor Who was regarded by most as a good thing in the classic series days as much as now.

13.5 million viewers tuned into Part One of "The Web Planet". 10.5 million viewers tuned into Part One of "The Crusade". At least three million viewers did not like "The Web Planet".

I don't blame the cast at all. They are putting everything into this. As for the production team, well they deserve criticism, in particular writer Bill Strutton (never employed on Doctor Who again) and director Richard Martin. This is quite an epic fail.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not sure that was part of the Doctor's plan!

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Anyone remember Kryten's face when looking at Rimmer's slideshow?

You have that look now? Grin Grin

trevor travis
Made it through to Episode 6 Wink

trevor travis
The Doctor returns to the hairdressers... just as well with all that web on his bonce.

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Anyone remember Kryten's face when looking at Rimmer's slideshow?

You have that look now? Grin Grin

Uh huh Oops

trevor travis
To answer your earlier question, GC, I somewhat doubt that Martin Jarvis includes this on his CV......."Zarrrrrbbbbbbbbi!!!!" Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
As for the production team, well they deserve criticism, in particular writer Bill Strutton (never employed on Doctor Who again) and director Richard Martin. This is quite an epic fail.

Well, I think it's a great success! The popularity of the show and it's longevity are evidence against anything being as big a 'fail' as fandom claims. If 3 million actually did choose not to watch The Crusades because of this, and we only have the stats rather than any record of their individual reasons, there are still 10 million viewers (the statistical majority) who by the same logic loved it and tuned in for more!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Have just checked, and Martin Jarvis doesn’t include any of his three Doctor Who roles on his CV; not even his star role in Vengeance on Varos!

Spaceship Dispatcher
This builds to quite a tense and exciting climax!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Ian trapped beneath the Animus' stronghold was another idea that really got my imagination first time around.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Vortis is saved! Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
So the acid was also analogous of the Animus' evil...

Gauda Cheese

Vortis is saved! Happy

So are we, it's over!

trevor travis

Vortis is saved! Happy

It got nuked by the Daleks shortly after this Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Vortis is saved! Happy

So are we, it's over!

As much as I loved every minute of rewatching this, I'm still not sure I understand the reasoning GC behind organising rewatches of stories you don't like and don't enjoy seeing again?

trevor travis
"Ian, will you come back to Vortis?"
"No Sydney has escaped from his cupboard and has forbidden it" Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.84 seconds
9,863,093 unique visits since 8th January 2014