Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 2
RB, Lurena

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
the future of B7 at BF ?
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
But equally, some of these other ranges have later been revived in a different form or in one-off box sets or as stories combined with other ranges.

SD, but the cast are already in their 60s and 70s.... reviving the range later on is not really an option!!

Sherlock Holmes was relaunched in a different release format only a year later, and therefore had been planned and recorded even sooner. Big Finish never have, and probably never will, responded to fan demands for information on future releases not on the public schedule for any of their ranges. It's unlikely they're going to make an exception for Blake's 7 fans, wherever the questions are asked.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

MLPasterisk
This sounds slightly more positive, from the Blake's 7 Twitter account :

" @blakes_7 7h 7 hours ago

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. #Blakes7 @BigFinish @B7Media"

"@grahame_r @bigfinish @B7Media Nope. No discontinuation of the audio range planned for the foreseeable future."

Anniew
The end of the beginning implies season 4 stories to me! Rejoice Soolin fans!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

MockingbirdGirl

To me, it just implies they know who Winston Churchill is.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Woohooo!!!! 20 volumes of the Soolin Chronicles please Grin Grin

Anniew

To me, it just implies they know who Winston Churchill is.

Now that would be an episode! " Avon...all this avoidance of water sports. Man up. Fight them on the beaches!"

meegat39
MLPasterisk wrote:

This sounds slightly more positive, from the Blake's 7 Twitter account :

" @blakes_7 7h 7 hours ago

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. #Blakes7 @BigFinish @B7Media"

"@grahame_r @bigfinish @B7Media Nope. No discontinuation of the audio range planned for the foreseeable future."

Thanks so much for posting that! I feel mighty relieved. My heart has been sinking into my boots the past couple of days.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

The best thing is just to watch this space and see what happens, and those who wish can of course contact Big Finish individually to make known their support for the brand.

Or pop over to the Big Finish forum and support the B7 brand on there. Wink

Actually that's a very good idea, TT. I am over there- with same name and avatar so people know me from here. The best thing we can do is support the brand and let our opinions be known to the powers that be in Big Finish.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

The best thing is just to watch this space and see what happens, and those who wish can of course contact Big Finish individually to make known their support for the brand.

Actually that's a very good idea, TT. I am over there- with same name and avatar so people know me from here. The best thing we can do is support the brand and let our opinions be known to the powers that be in Big Finish.

Yes, there are people called BradPaula, Anniew, Meegat and Trevor Travis now on there Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

And me, though it's a little while sinceI have been online there.

Yes, there are people called BradPaula, Anniew, Meegat and Trevor Travis now on there Grin

I'm there too, but haven't been online there for a while.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

stoke_rob
I found this on my Twitter feed, a glimmer of hope from B7 Enterprises in the wake of the silence by Big Finish on the subject.

i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/regentrobbie/b7%20big%20fin_zpsau3dcfny.jpg
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
BradPaula
I would appreciate some clarification from Big Finish itself, but in the meantime, I think we should keep the faith and continue this discourse here and on the Big Finish Forum site. Support your fandom, people! It needs you now.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Woohooo!!!! 20 volumes of the Soolin Chronicles please Grin Grin

30 Oops
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Ela
I would love to hear some word from Big Finish as well. At first I thought people over at the Big Finish forum were just panicking (like they did earlier in the year about the Doctor Who license). But I have to say the silence from Big Finish has been making me a little nervous, too, now.

I'm a regular on the Big Finish forum, anyway. I was there before I was here. Smile

Lentila
I'm a bit worried as well. The announcement sounds rather ominous. Still ... my optimistic fantasy scenario goes like this:-
The tv series is actually going to happen and has reached an important stage ... but they will allow Big Finish to continue making audios provided there is some re-branding to make it even clearer that these audios are a different version of Blake's Seven - B7 Original/ B7 Vintage - or something like that. Easy to repackage downloads, but Big Finish need to stop selling the current style cds and books. This would explain the surprising sale prices and the reference to collectors completing their collections. Also why Rebellion Reborn is discounted as it would also need re-packaging since it's a re-boot and might be confused with the new tv series. Big Finish are not allowed to say anything at present but B7media have been happy to drop hints as they have the upper hand in these negotiations.

I like this theory! We get these fantastic Big Finish stories for several more years plus a tv re-boot (which may even be good, you never know).

Surely the ultimate owner of the rights to Blake's 7 (Terry Nation's estate? The BBC? Blake's 7 Media?) would want as much Blake's 7 as possible in the hope of generating income from the rights? Big Finish's B7 range have been well-received and had good reviews. I hope they are profitable. But if they weren't viable, surely Big Finish would simply stop the (probably) expensive and tricky full cast audios and cut down on the Chronicles ... although maybe that is what they're doing?

dragonq
All speculation. But if anyone with influence is reading, I would be happy to continue buying the releases if they continue.

Spaceship Dispatcher
It's too early to say anything without further information on future releases from either the studio or the rights owner. Adding speculation about a television series into the mix is only going to raise hopes when all we have is a sale on old releases and books. Big Finish have been putting permanent price reductions on CDs to clear stock on ranges for years, just not on the Blake's 7 range. Several releases in the Doctor Who collection have, I believe from chat on other forums, been download only for some time.

Anniew
It's just occurred to me that just as Big Finish had brought out ranges of Dr Who that focus on guest characters like Jago and Lightfoot they may be planning a series of adventures with Del Grant as the hero. That might have been the planned reveal at the end of Truth and Lies and that may be something they are still negotiating.

Also Mr D mentioned that BF had asked him to develop something with them in a Vortex interview I think, or a radio one.

I'm hoping their silence on the subject of B7 is that, anyway.

trevor travis
Anniew, I guess so, although a holding statement to people's queries on the BF website would be the decent thing to do.

I thought BF were a decent company, so their level of customer service in this case has been shocking, to say the least. Do they want us to buy their products or not?

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I thought BF were a decent company, so their level of customer service in this case has been shocking, to say the least. Do they want us to buy their products or not?

This is neither an accusation nor a defence of the company, but...

As a subscriber to various Big Finish ranges on and off since the company was formed in the nineties, this is how they have always worked in my experience; they choose to announce or conceal products in advance on an individual basis, and have in the past even used misdirection which at least is not the case here! They don't answer questions until the full announcement or a planned teaser is released and I don't expect they ever will.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,817,797 unique visits since 8th January 2014