Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
the future of B7 at BF ?
MLPasterisk
"Brief hiatus" does suggest to me that no decision has been reached yet. I take it to be more encouraging than a simple "we have no plans for any more Blake's 7" would be.

MockingbirdGirl
Mind you hiatus does mean a break or interruption
in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

Sure... like when Doctor Who went on 'hiatus' in 1989.

Anniew
Oh Mockingbirdgirl. I'd forgotten that! Depressed now !
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

MockingbirdGirl
Sorry! I just can't bring myself to trust that kind of wooly language. The fact that there is supposedly another Liberator Chronicles set due out in a few months but still no writing, directing, or casting announced is also making me suspicious as to whether there is really any forward momentum.

Anniew
We'd better preorder it then! That'll teach them!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Before rushing off and comparing Jason Haigh-Ellery with Jonathan Powell, one of the most hated men in fandom, it might be worth pausing to remember that the alleged 'news' of the Blake's 7 range being cancelled is not based on anything said or done by Big Finish, B7m, the cast or anyone else involved in the series but is based purely on fan speculation. It may be ended, or it may carry on; but until a statement is made one way or the other, all we have is fears rather than facts. Let's just wait and see what happens, and make sure Big Finish know through their forum or by email that Blake's 7 fans are keen for the show to continue. But don't expect them to spill the beans about future plans or episodes before the official press release because no drama studio or literary publisher ever does that.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Well said, Spaceship Dispatcher. I figure that instead of bashing our heads against a brick wall as we have been doing of late, we will just have to wait and see what happens. We have made our aims and ideas clear enough to Big Finish, and now it is in their corner. Sure I'm apprehensive about this all, but not to the point of spreading doom and gloom. Patience people, patience. And remember to keep watching and posting in the Big Finish Forum.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Amid the Sturm and Drang, I would like to point out that for several years now we have had quite a run, quite a revival, and quite the second Golden Age of Blake's 7, and we have Big Finish to thank for it.

Let's not get so caught up in the angst over what may or may not be in the next few months, that we lose sight of what we have gained in the last few years.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote: And remember to keep watching and posting in the Big Finish Forum.

Don't worry, I will Wink

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote: And remember to keep watching and posting in the Big Finish Forum.

Don't worry, I will Wink

I read it all last night. Good show TT.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

clanger68
I'm catching up with the second full cast audio series, it is fabulous, really hope there is more to come.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
dragonq
There seems to be an announcement imminent at BF. I doubt it has anything to do with B7, but recalling how they postponed the release of Liberator Chronicles 12 to give themselves space and time (or words to that effect) I'm thinking that perhaps B7 has been put on the back burner so that they can concentrate on th launch of some big new range.

MLPasterisk
dragonq wrote:

There seems to be an announcement imminent at BF. I doubt it has anything to do with B7, but recalling how they postponed the release of Liberator Chronicles 12 to give themselves space and time (or words to that effect) I'm thinking that perhaps B7 has been put on the back burner so that they can concentrate on th launch of some big new range.

It appears that they are about to announce a new Torchwood range so I suspect that's what they meant by Blake's 7 having to " make space for the exciting new projects Big Finish will be embarking on".

Hopefully it's just a delay rather than Blake's 7 being abandoned altogether. I like Torchwood but I much prefer Blake's 7.

Ela
MLPasterisk wrote:

Hopefully it's just a delay rather than Blake's 7 being abandoned altogether. I like Torchwood but I much prefer Blake's 7.

Do I have to choose which I like better. Wink

I like BOTH! Smile

dragonq
I hated Torchwood and thought Captain Jack was an annoying narcissist, so have zero interest in Torchwood audio dramas. But clearly it's a more recent programme, so I can see from a marketability angle it'd have a lot more going for it than Blake's 7.

It seems pretty clear that Liberator Chronicles 12 has been pushed to the end of the year to allow them to concentrate on this new range (and they are also introducing a recast Third Doctor soon, something I am interested in). So unless the sales have been dreadful, the licence has expired, or there are other factors we don't know about, it may be possible for thereto be more Blake's 7 along the track.It's probable however, that there may be fewer releases from now on.

Anniew
Dragonq I so agree with you about Torchwood and Carptain Jack. I have never understood its popularity!

Gauda Cheese
Has anyone seen Cyberwoman? Nuff said.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

dragonq
Oh dear, wasn't it dreadful? I think that was the point at which, after heroically struggling through several episodes I realised I was never going to like this show. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it. Bears no relation to DW at all in my opinion.

The revived DW has never got the Cybermen right yet, in my opinion.

Spaceship Dispatcher
While not a fan of the whole canon of Torchwood stories, there were quite a few that I enjoyed a lot and I'm definitely a big fan of John Barrowman and Eve Myles along with the characters they played. It's not a show that I'm terribly confident of Big Finish getting right, for me anyway as others may look for different qualities and be happy with it. But I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt until after listening to the first few new episodes...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Lentila
Gave up on Torchwood very quickly on TV, so have no interest in this new range, sadly. Would infinitely prefer more B7. Still, good for Torchwood fans, and hopefully good for Big Finish. Good luck to them ... but if Blake's 7 has had to make way for this, I'm disappointed. Big Finish seemed to have some exciting plans for the B7 characters. There was definitely plenty of creative mileage left in the range.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.72 seconds
9,913,905 unique visits since 8th January 2014