Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Chronicles 11 *Spoilers Thread*
trevor travis
Brother, by Nigel Fairs

Auron scientist Gustav Nyrron is back aboard the Liberator, on his way home. But Avon does not trust him, and soon a drugged Nyrron wakes to find himself in Avon’s clutches on a devastated world. In this desert, their pasts are waiting for them… and a devastating truth that will shake their very beliefs to the core.

Poison, by Iain McLaughlin

Federation Freighter Antares is a ship with many secrets. Why is it making regular runs to a heavily guarded frontier world? Why is the hold out of bounds? And who is watching the crew’s every move?

Events take a dangerous turn when two new recruits come on board. Will Jance and Voss survive their very first mission together?

Escape From Destiny, by Andrew Smith

When the Liberator receives a distress signal from a planet it once helped save, Cally and Vila journey to a civilisation on the brink of collapse.

There, they encounter Pasco, a scientist Cally first met years ago. The Federation is closing on Destiny – but should Vila and Cally stand in the way this time?

Written By: Nigel Fairs, Iain McLaughlin, Andrew Smith
Directed By: Lisa Bowerman, Louise Jameson

Cast

Paul Darrow, Jan Chappell, Michael Keating, Alistair Lock, John Leeson, Anthony Howell, Anthony Byrne, Louise Jameson, Samantha Béart

Producer Cavan Scott
Script Editor Justin Richards
Executive Producers Jason Haigh-Ellery and Nicholas Briggs
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 23 May 2015 04:31:27

trevor travis
Brother

I like Nyrron stories, but I’m not bowled away with this one straight away. The revelations into Avon’s past are a little humdrum, to be honest, he basically turns out to be a neglected younger sibling. Not sure if I see Avon’s dad as a religious freak either. And it doesn’t add much to Nyrron’s story at all – we already know he’s a clone and not the original Nyrron. But the scenes between Avon and his brother are full of tension, and we’re left with a terrific open ending – will Avon kill his own brother or not?

Poison

I’m a sucker for Vila stories, and this really rattles along very nicely indeed, with Vila (or Voss to give his undercover name) both in peril and having a romantic encounter with Jance. I really like Libby Chronicles where it is conversation rather than narration, and this two-hander between Michael Keating and Samantha Beart is neatly written by Iain McLaughlin. Of course there is more than meets the eye to “Voss” and indeed there is to Jance too, as she turns out to try to be saving her own people, including her own father. I was convinced she was a “doomed” love for Vila, so I was pleasantly surprised when she survived the tale, with her future up in the air. Looks of flirting between the two characters, and quite a bit of humour early on, as Jance views what is going on (including Vila’s suspicious activities), onboard the Federation freighter. Oh, and a creepy first officer, in the mould of Raiker. The tale switches halfway through, with the death of all the Federation officers, and it’s then a race against time for Vila and Jance to save the poison-breathing minors and provide them with some sort of future... while fighting to save their own lives as well. On initial listening, easily my favourite amongst the three. More Vila/Voss and Jance please, although it’s unusual that Vila doesn’t comment on Jance’s legs. Maybe next time Wink

Escape From Destiny

Really not sure about this one at all. Attempted Federation invasion by trickery. Along the way Pasco has to change quite a lot (he has become a fighter by the end), and this character development is nice, I guess. In fact, the cast are excellent, and it’s nice that director Louise Jamieson provides us with a fourth voice. But not sold on the story.

Anniew
I felt Brother was too fourth series Avon. Although there was the ambiguity of the ending the way Avon is presented in both this and Criminal Minds is a little too dark and twisted. It's a very powerful tale though and well written and performed - felt quite exhausted by the end. I found Escape a little dull. Poison was a good romp.

To put it more succinctly- I agree with you Trev.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Gauda Cheese
Soooo is this a series C boxset? Or B?
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

B. Early B.

References to both Orac and Gan in the stories.

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

B. Early B.

References to both Orac and Gan in the stories.

Thought it'd be B. Thanks. I always look forward to the 3's so I'm really looking forward to 12.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

clanger68
Have just listened to the first two stories on this release (I have been saving it fir a rainy day), absolutely adored 'Poison', very reminiscent of 'City at the Edge of the World', but in a good way.

Michael Keating and Samantha Béart put in superb performances, sound design was spot on.

I would loved to have seen this one televised.

Looking forward very much to; 'Escape from Destiny'.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.34 seconds
9,806,302 unique visits since 8th January 2014