Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
International Og Day
Joe Dredd
IODINE!* It's five minutes to Friday where I am!

* International Og Day Is Nearly 'Ere.

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

Joe, in which case you are now free to post away!

IOD will be sweeping around the globe, with the celebrations starting in Australia, sweeping across Asia, marching through Africa and Europe, and finally through America (they're last at everything Wink ). Giant firework displays are expected to follow in its wake across the globe... as long as those fireworks don't pierce the huge Zeppelins with Og's face plastered upon them, that are flying high above every large city.
Edited by trevor travis on 31 March 2016 14:14:45

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...and finally through America (they're last at everything Wink ).

Don't mention the war! Either of them... Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I think we're safe SD... Brad and Paula are too busy packing to read the forum Grin

trevor travis
The Chinese rang in International Og Day a couple of hours ago... India will follow shortly.

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

IOD will be sweeping around the globe, with the celebrations starting in Australia, sweeping across Asia, marching through Africa and Europe, and finally through America (they're last at everything Wink ). Giant firework displays are expected to follow in its wake across the globe... as long as those fireworks don't pierce the huge Zeppelins with Og's face plastered upon them, that are flying high above every large city.

TT, whatever you've been drinking, I want some! Hail Og, the conquering hero and all around nice guy! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi!

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Hey! We may have been a bit late for the wars, but at least we finished them for you! How's that for American pluck? (Ducks from multiple punches thrown from supposed friends)

trevor travis
Woo-hoo, the big day arrived around 50 minutes ago...

trevor travis
Before the destruction of Krypton, the criminals General Justin (Peter Byrne), Servalan (Jacqueline Pearce) and Borr (Max Harvey) are sentenced to banishment into the Phantom Zone for insurrection and murder, amongst other crimes.

Years later, the Phantom Zone is shattered near Earth by a shockwave stemming from the detonation of a hydrogen bomb, which had been launched into space by Super-Og (Nick Joseph) after foiling a terrorist plot to blow up Paris. The three Kryptonian criminals are freed from the Zone, finding themselves with super-powers granted by the yellow light of Earth's sun. After attacking human astronauts on the Moon and the small town of East Huston, Idaho (which they mistake as being capital city of "Planet Huston" due to NASA's transmissions), the three criminals travel to the White House and force the President of the United States to kneel before General Justin, on behalf of the entire planet during an international television broadcast. When the President pleads for Super-Og to save the Earth, Justin demands that Super-Og come and "kneel before Justin!".

Meanwhile, the Daily Planet sends Og and Dayna Mellanby (Josette Simon) to Niagara Falls. After Super-Og saves a little boy from falling into Niagara Falls, Dayna wonders why Super-Og just happened to be in the area and suspects he and Og are the same Animal. She dares Og to admit he is Super-Og by jumping into the Niagara Falls river, but Og manages to save her without exposing any of his abilities. That night, Og accidentally falls into the room's fireplace, when trying to recover Dayna's fallen hairbrush. When Dayna discovers that his hand is unburned, Og is forced to admit he is Super-Og. He takes her to his Fortress of Solitude in the Arctic, and shows her the traces of his past stored in the energy crystals of the fortress, one of which is the green crystal that created the Fortress and opened Super-Og's contact with his parents. Super-Og declares his love for Dayna and his wish to spend his life with her. After conferring with the artificial intelligence of his mother, Super-Og decides to become a normal Animal and removes his superpowers, by exposing himself to red Kryptonian sunlight in a crystal chamber. Og and Dayna become romantically closer, spending the night together. The two leave the Fortress and return from the Arctic by automobile. Arriving at a diner in Metropolis, Og gets beaten up by a truck driver named Gan. It is there that Og and Dayna learn of Justin's conquest of the world. Realizing that humanity cannot fight Justin themselves, Og decides to return to the Fortress to try to reverse the transformation.

Lex Travis (Brian Croucher) escapes from prison and infiltrates the Fortress of Solitude before Super-Og and Dayna arrive. Travis learns of Super-Og's connection to Jor-Og (Og's father and ruler of Krypton) and General Justin. He tells Justin about Super-Og being the son of Jor-El, their jailer, and offers to lead him to the Animal of Steel in exchange for control of Australia. The three Kryptonians form an alliance with Travis and go to the offices of the Daily Planet. Super-Og arrives, after having found the green crystal and reversing the transformation process, restoring his powers, and battles the three Kryptonians in Metropolis. Justin realizes Super-Og cares for the innocent humans, and takes advantage of this weakness by threatening bystanders. To protect the civilians and the city, Super-Og realizes the only way to stop Justin and his crew is to lure them to the Fortress. Super-Og flies off while Justin, Servalan, and Borr pursue him, carrying Dayna and Travis. Upon arrival, Justin declares Travis has outlived his usefulness and plans to kill both him and Super-Og. Super-Og tries to get Travis to lure the three into the crystal chamber to depower them, but Travis, eager to get back in Justin's favor, reveals the chamber's secret to the villains. Justin forces Super-Og into the chamber and activates it. Afterwards, Justin requests Super-Og, son of Jor-Og, to kneel before him. Super-Og does so, and Justin extends his hand. However, when Super-Og squeezes it, Justin grimaces in pain. Justin realizes too late that Super-Og reconfigured the chamber to expose the trio to red sunlight, while Super-Og was protected from it. Super-Og easily defeats Borr and Justin, while Dayna knocks Servalan into a pit. Super-Og flies back to civilization, returning Travis to prison and Dayna home.

At the Daily Planet the following day, Og finds Dayna upset about knowing his secret and not being able to be open about her true feelings because he is Super-Og. He then kisses her, using his abilities to wipe her mind of her knowledge of the past few days. Later, Og has a rematch with Gan, who beat him up earlier and defeats him easily. Super-Og then restores the damage done by Justin, replacing the flag on top of the White House and promising the President to never let him down again.
Edited by trevor travis on 01 April 2016 14:11:35

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Sorry - I went to bed instead! Put it down to me not wanting to be an Og-hog.

Joe Dredd
Okay you animals!

To celebrate the day, I've stuck a Chokito bar to my nose, kicked open a door, knocked over a chair and slidden over on the floor!

Well Joe, I hear you say*, what's so special about that? You do that every day!

Well, in addition, I've also brainwashed my worst enemy**, made friends with someone much older and walked down stairs pretending I was descending into the glycolene ballast channels. I did ask for a glass of wine but based on all the other things I'd done (particularly sticking a chocolate bar to my nose), they assumed I'd had too much already and wouldn't give me any. Boo!

I plan to finish off the evening by watching an episode of... you guessed it, "All Gas and Gaiters". Yes, the fantastic C of E sitcom starring Robertson Hare-y Beast, Derek "Horns of" Nimmo(n), William Unnervyn' and Justin Barron. (I may have changed those names slightly, but it is set in the church of St Oggs!)

* Or I would do if it wasn't for this medication they make me take.

** I must stop admitting this kind of thing in writing.

meegat39
@ Trevor Travis - someone knows their Superman films pretty well! Probably my favourite one! Grin Can I ask did you choose the Dayna and Servalan characters (combined with the Superman plot) just so that Dayna could knock Servalan down the chasm? Grin That was my favourite part!

@JD Whatever you are on, I want some!! Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Joe Dredd
It's called Lypene 30 or Pauline 40 or something like that!

meegat39
Joe Dredd wrote:

It's called Lypene 30 or Pauline 40 or something like that!

Grin Grin

Joe Dredd
Or maybe it was Glen 20!

meegat39
Joe Dredd wrote:

Or maybe it was Glen 20!

Okaaaayy *backs away nervously Pfft

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

@ Trevor Travis - someone knows their Superman films pretty well! Probably my favourite one! Grin Can I ask did you choose the Dayna and Servalan characters (combined with the Superman plot) just so that Dayna could knock Servalan down the chasm? Grin That was my favourite part!

I may have used Wikipedia to help with the plot outline Wink Although I know the film well. I saw it at the cinema in 1980/1981, when I was a child. Last year, Og featured in "Og: Saviour Of The Universe", after the first film I ever saw at the cinema (Flash Gordon)... this was the natural progression Wink

It had to be this one, because of the Clark/Lois... sorry... Og/Dayna love story.

And yes, when it came to the character knocked by Dayna into the pit/chasm, it had to be Servalan Grin

Coser
Well, to celebrate this auspicious occasion, I plan on going to Tesco tonight and seeing if they have any Easter Oggs left, which I may well relieve them of a couple if they have.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Joe Dredd
Coser wrote:

Easter Oggs

Brilliant! Or should I say, og-cellent?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Why is the Rebellion Roundup now headed by a picture of Trevor Travis? Shock
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
9,114,694 unique visits since 8th January 2014