Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - A2 Space Fall
Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Aw, that psychedelic sound of that self-defense shpere...
Psychedelic sounds were hot in those days of first airing.

I miss that era.
20 35
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

meegat39
Panna wrote:

Anyone notice that Avon's eye color is not completely dark brown, but more hazel? (Unlike many a fanfic which says his eyes are dark brown or black).
20 32

It's not often you get a close enough shot to tell. But I believe you are correct. Most brown eyes are a mixture of green and brown and sometimes gold...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

meegat39
Panna wrote:

Anyone notice that Avon's eye color is not completely dark brown, but more hazel? (Unlike many a fanfic which says his eyes are dark brown or black).
20 32

Which scene did you notice this in (rewind button ready!)

Panna
Better and more realistic than Star Wars IMHO. B7 Universe is the 1970s in outer space, with a lived in look.
20 36
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

littlesue
And here for Meegat is that poster from the Radio Times Xmas 1977.
i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/radiotimesspread_zpss8mm3hfd.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Panna
meegat39 wrote:

Panna wrote:

20 32

Where they focus on Avon's face while he sees his brother.
20 37

BradPaula
littlesue wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Panna wrote:

20 32

It's not often you get a close enough shot to tell. But I believe you are correct. Most brown eyes are a mixture of green and brown and sometimes gold...

Dark, brown..just plain gorgueous...sorry, I shall have to lay down in a dark room again!!!

Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Panna
Panna wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Panna wrote:

20 32

20 37

Try at 46 minutes and 37 seconds in.

BradPaula
Taking a leaf from Sapphire and Steel, I aplolgize for any irregularities in the rewatch today members, but these things happen, but usually not to three of you simultaneously. I did try and bring you all up to speed and if I missed any posts of yours, I am sorry. Let us hope we are all posting at the correct time next time. That said, it was fun and I hope you all had a blast too. 'Night. Grin

Panna
They don't look completely dark brown to me when looking up close. Could be the lighting, but I noticed it in other episode still pictures too.
20 42

BradPaula
Lurena wrote:

Panna wrote:

20 32

Sometimes the studio lightning works on the reflections. I think you can be right, the actor's eyes can be well hazel.
Directors can manipulate with light and filters to give accent to a character. Make up artists can also do several things to make eyes seem to have another color.
If you watch the Avon character is different moods, you will notice a range from very dark to hazel indeed.

BradPaula
Lurena wrote:

Well, they're gone..
Thank you for this nice rewatch.
And ladies, we have it again, the Avon fever!
Just lay down and ...

BradPaula
littlesue wrote:

Panna wrote:

Better and more realistic than Star Wars IMHO. B7 Universe is the 1970s in outer space, with a lived in look.
20 36

Well, the production team knew about Star Wars being filmed just down the road so went and had a look...
They realised that they wouldn't be able to match it...especaiily with only about 50 per episode budget (it was more than that, but nowhere near what Star Wars had) so they decided to go with the stories and characters.
I saw Star Wars at the cinema on the saturday before B7 premiered on the Beeb (Mon. 2nd Jan 1978) and thought it awful...putting sci fi back 30 odd years!!!

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Panna wrote:

20 36

Well, the production team knew about Star Wars being filmed just down the road so went and had a look...
They realised that they wouldn't be able to match it...especaiily with only about 50 per episode budget (it was more than that, but nowhere near what Star Wars had) so they decided to go with the stories and characters.
I saw Star Wars at the cinema on the saturday before B7 premiered on the Beeb (Mon. 2nd Jan 1978) and thought it awful...putting sci fi back 30 odd years!!!

I thought they had most of series one filmed Before they saw Star Wars and then thought, oh crap! But I like this better and I do love Star wars.

Panna
Well, it was fun doing something important this afternoon, like ruminating on Avon's gorgeous eyes. I personally think that the black eyeliner that they had him wear later on is what made his eyes look so dark.
It's been fun! Good afternoon/evening to you all.
20 24

meegat39
littlesue wrote:

i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/radiotimesspread_zpss8mm3hfd.jpg

Thanks Sue, that's beautiful!

meegat39
Panna wrote:

Panna wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Panna wrote:

20 32

20 37

Try at 46 minutes and 37 seconds in.

Thanks for the info - off to check it out!

littlesue
meegat39 wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Thanks Sue, that's beautiful!

As you can see, it is definitely that rather nice computer expert....but considering how arrogant, rude, indifferent and mean he is, I'm sure it's a printing error. Maybe in the next episode, it will be revealed what a nice, kind person he really is. I can't imagine Blake putting up with someone so self centred for long...can you?
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39
Well now... I think Blake knows he needs him! What is this printing error you are talking of? Is it a description of Avon's character??

trevor travis
What does everyone what to do next?

The options are:
1. Random rewatch, with one person selecting an episode per week from a selected season. Similar to the full random rewatch we did in 2010-2011.
2. Continue with Season A.

The plan is also have also do a Big Finish relisten every few weeks. We won't do anything really recent, because some people have yet to listen to these.

We'll take from Libby Chronicles Volumes 1-8, plus the first series of full cast audios.

Does anyone have any objecitves, or alternative ideas?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
9,113,848 unique visits since 8th January 2014