Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
April Fanfic Challenge
trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

TT. Boooo Rotten spoil sport !

I think in my PGPs I've had Vila survive, Avon and Servalan maybe survive, even had Gan survive Grin But Blake is always dead. It's difficult to get around that one. It's definitely Blake (only the real Blake would show such passion in that speech to Deva), and the next moment he has the guts blown out of him. Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Bring him back as an Auton... Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Bring him back as an Auton... Grin

Well, when I say Blake is always dead in my PGPs, he's still in one of them Wink

Anniew
I've read some great PGP with resurrected Blakes . Pelladon's are particularly chilling! Others have brought back his clone + memories to recreate Blake. In another story a rebel just called himself Blake ( Avon left him!) I know what you mean - Blake's death defines the B7 universe in all its dystopian glory - but it's fun to play about with it sometimes. In some, Blake and Avon get married as I'm sure you know - though that IS a stretch too far imo. They'd kill each other in a week. Although Blake is always dead in my stories too because that makes Avon so much more interesting to write about.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

meegat39
Bravo Annie for the poem and Travisina for the story!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

purplecleric
Anniew wrote:

See PC, Avon AND Blake survived. And the others too! Hooray.

You're fools! Deluded... clutching at straws...

At the risk of seriously derailing this thread - it dilutes the impact of the ending if someone survives.

@TT - great finale. Your story reflects B7 perfectly - humour, horror and hopelessness.

@AnnieW - an amazing poem - handling RoD with such a subtle and deft touch.

@Travisina - a perfect portrayal of Servalan and a great bit of plotting.

A bit sidetracked at the moment by another fandom, but I'll 'complete the scene' soon - honest!

Anniew
PC. Clutching at straws is just what it is! I think I use characters surviving so I can express my devastation at the end through their aftermath reactions! I am Spartacus! Or more accurately Spartacus's killer or killer's victim. And I am going to share my angst.

trevor travis
purplecleric wrote:At the risk of seriously derailing this thread - it dilutes the impact of the ending if someone survives.

Agreed. Although I'm not 100% sure that Soolin is dead. I think she might just have a flesh wound Wink

trevor travis
purplecleric wrote:
@TT - great finale. Your story reflects B7 perfectly - humour, horror and hopelessness.

Thanks PC. I even managed to squeeze in a Jacuzzi reference for you. Wink

purplecleric
trevor travis wrote:

purplecleric wrote:At the risk of seriously derailing this thread - it dilutes the impact of the ending if someone survives.

Agreed. Although I'm not 100% sure that Soolin is dead. I think she might just have a flesh wound Wink

Yeah, right, and Elvis works in a chip shop and I have Avon stashed safely away in my shed Grin

...and I'm not even going to ask WHERE the flesh wound was...

Anniew
Abruptly, consciousness returned. Strange. His last memory was of pulsing sirens, red flashing lights, Federation Troops. Nothing like this cramped, empty place. No memory explained the hard surface he found himself lying on, it's cold dampness creeping through his body; the caustic odour of some chemical, deeper and more oily than the tangy, fresh ozone smell that had pervaded the tracking gallery, prickling his nostrils. Painfully he raised himself on an elbow and looked cautiously around, searching for a clue as to where Servalan might have dumped him.

The light was too dim to see clearly or perhaps the stun shots had affected his sight, but he thought he could make out, through the greyness, the outlines of a several implements hanging from hooks - each with sharp teeth and blades. Torture chamber, that was his best guess. How boringly predictable. Soon they would arrive, subject him to extreme pain and...

Light assaulted his eyes as the door swung open and he cowered away from it, raising an arm in self-protection. For a second he heard a burst of music, a male voice improbably urging him in song not to step on his blue suede shoes carried on a gust of vinegar and fish and then a female voice shrieked loudly, blotting out all other noise. It sounded even more scared than he was feeling.

The spangles and whirling black dots cleared from his sight, replaced abruptly by a wash of vibrant purple.

" My God...It's you!" The fear in the voice segued into avid delight. " Avon it's really..."

Viciously, a hand tore the page from the notebook, crumpled it into a ball, tossed the offending sheet into an overflowing bin.

April fan fiction challenge not withstanding, even the most ardent, "and then they all survived" apologist was hardly that foolish! They'd never buy a plot that had Orac teleporting Avon from the carnival of slaughter and depositing him in her shed!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lol Annie Grin Grin

Love that one! Fanfic that references itself is catching on... Grin
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 26 April 2015 17:13:18
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Brilliant, Annie!

I did wonder at one point whether it was going to be an Avon-IS-Elvis story (given that Paul played him in Are You Lonesome Tonight) - but perhaps that's a ficlet for another day... Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:
Viciously, a hand tore the page from the notebook, crumpled it into a ball, tossed the offending sheet into an overflowing bin.

April fan fiction challenge not withstanding, even the most ardent, "and then they all survived" apologist was hardly that foolish! They'd never buy a plot that had Orac teleporting Avon from the carnival of slaughter and depositing him in her shed!

Love it!!!!! Grin

Anniew
Aw thanks guys! Yet another PC inspired fic!

littlesue
That's not fair!! I've got 2 sheds...maybe there is someone under all those boxes and packing material?
I'll just go and check....................................................................................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
No Avon in my shed either... just checked... it's just Og (eating a bowl of soup, he's on a diet at the moment), Avalon, an interrogation table, and a gagged Tom Chadbon (ready to be presented to Paula as a present in October).

purplecleric
trevor travis wrote:

Thanks PC. I even managed to squeeze in a Jacuzzi reference for you. Wink

I had noticed but got kinda sidetracked - ahem- so forgot to thank you!

@ Anniew - now I've stopped howling with laughter (and have checked my shed for the third time) - that was brilliant!

And I'm honoured to be such a source of inspiration Pfft

Mistletoe12
@ Anniew - Loved your recent story! Grin Damn, I don't have a shed, I wonder if I should check the old airing cupboard!

Anniew
Mistletoe - that's very intriguing. I want to read the rest so hurry up and write it. I'm getting on and I don't want my last thought to be : what WAS that story going to be about!

And girls, let's be very clear about this: if Avon's in any shed, airing or broom cupboard, it's going to be MINE and I'll ficlet challenge any one who disagrees.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.66 seconds
9,800,345 unique visits since 8th January 2014