Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
April Fanfic Challenge
littlesue
@Hugbot
Very nice...trapped like that...with that rather nice computer expert....
I think I'd better go and lie down in a dark room again.......................................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Hugbot, I like it, something of a S&S ending, with both Avon and Servalan trapped in a room... we missed Mercury for Assignment 6 Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Servalan moved with feline grace towards Avon who remained seated. Her immaculately manicured nails slid across the smooth polished surface of the table before trailing across his face. She stopped behind him, her hand resting lightly on his shoulder as she lowered her head to speak softly in his ear.

“Did you really think you could outwit me?” asked Servalan
“The thought had crossed my mind” replied Avon
“Until I had my guards throw Blake out of the airlock”
“That was the moment I decided on a different strategy”
“It was also when you suggested teleporting Jenna and Cally down to the planet Rumazodeth”
“They said they needed a holiday; well, now they have a permanent one”
“But you kept Vila on board… why?”
“He’s a fool, but a useful fool nonetheless”
“Quite so; the new crew is almost complete”
“New crew? Who is coming aboard?”
“Well, the espionage expert is already here. You’ve met him already; his name is Bart Olamew”
“Looked more like Anna Grant to me”
“You recognised her? But she was wearing a hat!”
“An impenetrable disguise, obviously”
“It always works for me…”
“Yes, but you’re a self-confessed expert on hats”
“True. Then we have a weapons expert called Rashel and her assistant”
“What’s the name of her assistant?”
“Blake”
“Small universe”
“Isn’t it”
“Who else”
“Avalon, although she’s waiting for a new interrogation table to arrive”
“What happened to the old one?”
“Someone in an Og costume stole it, along with all the tin foil and croissants from the galley”
“And once we have this brilliant team on board, what’s the plan? Who’s the new pilot?”
“The pilot is a mutoid called Keyaira”
“And the plan is?”
“Universal domination, obviously! We have treaties all ready to go with the Daleks and Cybermen”
“The who and the what?”

Meanwhile, in a corridor deep in the Liberator, Rashel’s assistant Blake was just stepping out of a store room when he almost bumped into a man wearing a floppy hat and a long scarf.
“Hello Doctor” said Blake
“Hello Blake” said the Doctor

“Stop!” shouted Vila, running onto the ship’s bridge; “Avon, we’re not home!”
“Then where are we?” demanded Avon, looking rapidly between Vila and Servalan
“The spaceport’s dispatcher just gave me this!” shouted Vila, waving a sheet of paper in the air; “you and I have both been fooled! We’re still trapped in the weird universe created by that machine!”
“The Pan Genre Transition machine?” asked Avon
“Whatever it’s called” said Vila, confused; “the thing we stole three chapters ago!”
“Then where is this?” demanded Avon
“It’s some really terrible fanfic about our adventures in the real universe!” bemoaned Vila; “press the button and get us both out of here before the Federation use their Big Finish machine to press it onto CDs and trap us forever!”

Avon slammed his hand down on the big red button and Servalan, along with the Liberator flight deck, disappeared in an instant.

“Where are we going to land next month?” asked Vila
“Shut up and hope for somewhere with a manual on how to work this machine” said Avon
“Somewhere with a weird gadget shop and a nice beach” said Vila, squeezing his eyes shut…

…to be continued
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
Oh wow SD. Very sophisticated but very funny!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
SD, some many references in there Grin Grin

Including the fabled scene that Gareth Thomas always wanted in B7 Wink

littlesue
SD..I've just choked on me hot chocolate...
There really should be a Funny Bone warning!!!!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm catching up with all the previous entries this evening, and there's some excellent stuff here! Just to comment a few stories that have especially caught my attention...

@ trevor travis - Vila as the 'villain' and a Federation collaborator?! Only an s4 fan would come up with something so bleak! But as a fan of happy endings, and of the City episode too, I also liked the final scene and can say definitely that it's my favourite take on the whole PGP premise. As for your second entry... a Press Gang homage? Excellent!!

@ Sue and Lurena - now that's something very interesting you have there! A prequel to Terminal...

@ purplecleric - ah, Gambit used to be one of my very favourite episodes... and you added your fanfic into my favourite scene of the story, so thank you! Loved it, even though I definitely would not be ordering fool off the menu. Not if there was cookie dough or chocolate cake available anyway...

@ Hugbot - the line "I had a good laugh when I realised that you tried to trap me in an artificial reality inside this artificial reality” made me laugh out loud; it reminds of a line, which I'm not sure if you would be aware of, from an old Doctor Who story where Tom Baker's Doctor shouts "I deny this reality. The reality is a computation matrix!" (tt will know the one); great little scene Hugbot.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Lurena
~Hugbot, that's a nice piece of "Droste effect" story! I'd love to hear that audio performed by Jacqueline Pearce and Paul Darrow...

~SD, well thought out and very funny!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
trevor travis
OK, I'm too impatient to hold off posting End Game Parts 3 & 4 until next month. So Part 3 is coming tonight, and then Part 4 either later in the week or next week.

purplecleric
@ Hugbot - Funnily enough, Ms Barbery's novel was mentioned the other week at the writer's group I belong to, must have sparked the idea... And the thought of Servalan and Avon trapped in an alternative reality within another is 'warping my tiny fragile mind'. I like the idea that their need to best the other would mean that they would be willing to doom themselves to achieve that end.

@ Lurena - another great illustration - you really have an eye for capturing the characters.

@ SD - a skillful recovery! I thought the Pan Genre Transition machine had fallen victim to Avon's proddy tool, destined never to work again... I'm glad it's back.Grin

trevor travis
END GAME… PART THREE

It was all a chess game. With a million pieces. But everything was falling into place.

Soon he would have control. Control over the whole of populated space.

Absolute power.

It had all started with the Muller android. He’d been scared. He’d told Soolin to keep him away from it, and he’d been relieved when Dayna had blown it to smithereens.

But there had been a brief mental connection between the two. A brief glimpse of what was possible.

Shortly after that, there was the visit to Mecron-2. Vila had stolen one of Gambit’s circuit boards, and he’d been connected up to it. And that’s where it had really kicked off.

It gave him an entirely different perspective. After that, he could see everything was a big game. With winners and losers. And he could be the biggest winner of them all.

His own lack of mobility had always been a concern to him. It was demeaning that he relied on humans to move him about. He got around that with the floating spheres. They were his arms and legs, so to speak, as his plan was put into action.

And now that plan was reaching its fruition….

Every computer in the known universe contained a Tarriel Cell.

And he could control Tarriel Cells.

The plan was simple. Every computer on every world and every spaceship would transfer a hypnotic beam that would carry for a thousand spacials. Well, 995.48 spacials to be precise. Approximately ninety-nine percent of humanity would be under his immediate control. The other one percent would be those in remote, distant locations. He had no plans to turn the beams off. Any travelling within their range, would come under his power.

The other part of his plan concerned finding himself a human host to give himself mobility. And he was delighted when he found out who would be compatible. How deliciously ironic.

The surgeons, with no free will of their own, worked night and day for 48 hours. It didn’t matter that the original host was deceased, with severe damage to the stomach area. The only important thing was there hadn’t been damage to the head. One brain was removed, and replaced with the other.

Finally their work was complete.

He sat on his ornate throne room in the middle of his palace.

He could feel the mental connection to the billions of minds under his power. All subservient to his single will.

Together, they would discover so much. The human race would advance so much more quickly. He had power over this single galaxy. Soon he would have power over the whole universe.

It amused him to have a power structure in place, with a Chancellor and High Priestess passing on the orders of their Emperor.

Emperor Orac, occupying the body that had once belonged to Roj Blake, sat on his throne, and gave out his instructions to the zombified forms of Chancellor Avon and High Priestess Servalan.

The child of Ensor had won.

Checkmate.

END OF PART THREE.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Edited by trevor travis on 13 April 2015 22:38:45

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

OK, I'm too impatient to hold off posting End Game Parts 3 & 4 until next month. So Part 3 is coming tonight, and then Part 4 either later in the week or next week.

Excellent Grin

@ purplecleric - the latest chapter was delayed by another fanfic taking my time and attention! But you can rely on Avon and Vila landing somewhere unlikely every month until they get home in December...

Anniew
Trevor- I always felt the little rat in a box might turn! If only Zen had survived. He could have saved us from this enslavement. Poor Blake! My only hope is that Orac might prove no match for Vila's game playing foolery. Hurry up and post!

Travisina
I'm back from holiday, catching up at last with April's fool-tastic ficlets!

Another wonderful selection of light and dark stories, tales of humour, mystery and angst.
I'll try to get a contribution written before too long, but by 'eck, I've got an awful lot of catching up to do. That'll teach me to go away for two weeks!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
@TT
Straight out of Hammer House of Horror!
A really creepy idea of ORAC and what he could have done...if he hadn't been stuck inside Mat Irvine's Aunt's (or Mum's!) plastic sewing box!
I'm so glad that the one I had back in the 70's met a fate worse than...it fell to pieces!!!Grin

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:

@TT
Straight out of Hammer House of Horror!
A really creepy idea of ORAC and what he could have done...if he hadn't been stuck inside Mat Irvine's Aunt's (or Mum's!) plastic sewing box!
I'm so glad that the one I had back in the 70's met a fate worse than...it fell to pieces!!!Grin

Cheers Littlesue, yup Part 3 is something of a homage to the old Peter Cushing / Christopher Lee films!

The ending of Part 3 was the original ending I had in my head. Orac was intended to be the protagonist all along, hence the inclusion of the floating sphere at the end of Part 1 - if you recall the episode "Orac" also had one of those!

But the overall ending changed when I wrote Part 2 and suddenly I came up with what I think is a stronger conclusion. The concluding Part 4 is completed (and does contain the word "fool" ), but I'm going to keep the suspense going for a day or two Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 16 April 2015 13:04:48

Anniew
For P.C. Who believes they all died.

She re-reads the source material. It is so familiar she feels she could probably repeat it verbatim, and it has, as usual, sparked a lot of questions for her but this time she needs to note down the evidence from it that will support the arguments she is expected to present. Any deviation from the official line will be noted and punished. For a second, she contemplates vidding Tal for some ideas but that really wouldn't be sensible. He might be a Liberator and to be trusted without question but if they ever found out she had asked for his help with an assignment as easy as this should be, there would be terrible repercussions.

The trouble is she doesn't want to wrap her mind around the stale old ideas she is supposed to regurgitate monthly to prove her loyalty to the Administration and her worthiness for a university place. Oh stop moaning, she chides, just get on with it:

Any act of rebellion may be regarded as prima facie evidence of madness and degeneracy in those that pursue it. Discuss with particular reference to Case Study1: The Blake's Seven rebellion.

Note 1.

A pervert, like Blake, was unlikely to hold the loyalty of his crew. Inevitably they would turn on him in the end.

But they didn't turn on him, did they? They followed him for at least two years and Avon searched for him for another two. Would they have really done that if the stories of him and little boys had been true?

Note 2.

The madness, incipient in all those who seek to overthrow the established order and ignore the will of the majority, seems finally to have overwhelmed Kerr Avon. Having killed his leader, he then tried to deny this act of betrayal by straddling the dead body and firing indiscriminately at loyal Federation Troopers.

Or was it that you realised you had made a terrible mistake, Kerr Avon and were determined to die fighting for Blake's cause? Making a gesture so that future generations would realise they had to fight for freedom to the last drop of their blood?

Note 3.

Thanks to the foresight of Servalan, the beloved leader...

Mad old bat. It is rumoured her mind has gone and she no longer remembers who she is. She certainly seems confused on those rare occasions when they wheel her out to bolster the President's waning popularity. And so grotesque in her low cut black dresses with their absurd feather embellishments, revealing unappealing amounts of sagging yellow skin. She'd never have beaten the Seven without Orac's- or rather Ensor's- help. It was Ensor's hatred of aliens and criminals, programmed into the super-computer, that had ensured it gave priority to helping the Federation not the rebels, and the clever traps it designed picked them off one by one. It was amazing they managed to resist for so long.

Task finished, she presses the 'send' button and posts her essay. She thinks she has parroted a sufficient number of official lines to gain her a pass, possibly even a merit. Done enough anyway to keep her comfortably under the surveillance sweeps that Orac conducts daily.

Don't they realise, she wonders, those fools in Authority, what a heroic, stirring, tragic story these official accounts reveal? The love, idealism, effort and defeated hopes that can be found hidden within the Federation rhetoric of condemnation? How inspiring the Seven are to the many disillusioned people, sickened by the sordid practices of a corrupt administration, appalled at the suffering it doles out routinely?

Haven't they the sense to work out that by insisting that everyone studies the story of these rebels, they are in fact fermenting the very thing they are trying to suppress?

She switches off her computer and gets herself ready for the next secret meeting of the Liberators where she will again dedicate her life to bring about a happier ending to the Tale of the Seven. To ensure that none of them died in vain.
Edited by Anniew on 16 April 2015 17:20:13

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:
Mad old bat. It is rumoured her mind has gone and she no longer remembers who she is. She certainly seems confused on those rare occasions when they wheel her out to bolster the President's waning popularity.

Servalan = Maggie Thatcher? Grin

Neat idea.

Hugbot
@ SD: I read your piece at breakfast ... made my day! Grin Thank you!

@ TT: Wow, this gets creepier with every installment ... looking forward to the conclusion! Thank you for not delaying this another month!

@AnnieW: The 7 as the topic of an essay, written in order to prove a citizen's loyalty to the federation? Sounds very 1984-ish. You always surprise me with your unusual take on the B7 theme!

BradPaula
Everyone has done an excellent job with their ficlets this month. I especially loved SD's piece with reference to the Doctor and Blake meeting in a corridor! Just brilliant, people!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.57 seconds
9,165,133 unique visits since 8th January 2014