Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
April Fanfic Challenge
BradPaula
Anniew wrote:

Basically, it's Schrodinger's Cat, isn't it?
The crew are dead, alive or both - depending on who's looking at them!

Zombie fan fiction it is then!

Funny you should mention zombies. You might want to check out this story by my husband Brad on the Horizon fan fic archive.
http://www.blakes...cle_id=105
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

purplecleric
After all the recent debate, I couldn't resist - so here's the closest thing to a PGP tale you'll ever get from me.

Folly

Servalan moved with feline grace towards Avon who remained seated. Her immaculately manicured nails slid across the smooth polished surface of the table before trailing across his face. She stopped behind him, her hand resting lightly on his shoulder as she lowered her head to speak softly in his ear.

“Did you really think you could outwit me?”

Avon twisted as he rose abruptly from the chair and they stood toe to toe. He looked into her dark eyes that were full of danger and desire, power and promise, and saw himself reflected there. He dipped his head until he could feel their breath mingle, could see her painted lips part. His voice was just as quiet as hers had been, but there was no softness, only steel.

“And did you really think I could be distracted?”

Avon clasped her to him, claiming her mouth in a fierce kiss, before breaking away so suddenly that Servalan sagged momentarily at the loss. She recovered quickly, striking an elegant pose.

“Distracted?”

Wiping the lipstick from his mouth with the back of his hand, Avon wondered how she could seem so invincible while wearing a thin slip of silk. He felt oddly exposed in contrast, despite his heavy layers. He bolstered himself with a snarl.

“Do you think I would not see through such obvious deceptions of alternate realities and manufactured dreams?”

His voice took on a more strident tone.

“Or that convoluted tales of small storage buildings and utility closets, infantile games and dessert would divert my attention from the truth? “

Avon took a deliberate step forward, then another. There was something in his manner that exuded menace and Servalan felt the urge to back away. He continued:

“I know the truth. I know –“

It was Servalan’s turn to inject a note of scorn into her voice, a valiant attempt to regain lost ground.

“Just what do you think you know?”

“I know he's dead. I know they're all dead. I cannot refute the evidence of my senses; the sight, the sounds, the smell. The feeling as the blasters tore..." Avon faltered, but quickly recovered. "I am dead. And so, my dear outwitted Servalan, are you. It's the only logical conclusion."

Servalan's mind reeled. Questions, there were so many questions. Never one to dwell on the past, she shoved aside the 'hows' and 'whys' and asked;

"Then where are we? Hell?"

Avon smiled; a chilling smile, an echo of his final living smile.

"Much worse...” His voice dropped to a whisper and despite herself, Servalan leaned closer to catch his words. “We're in the mind of a fanfic writer.”

Ellen York
Thanks for the kind words about my story. I'm glad that the scene in my head translated to the page (screen?). And yes, Vila is planning to share; he made enough for everyone Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

peladon wrote:

There is no 5th series canon but that doesnt mean that they are dead, to say that they are is as much speculation as to say they are not. The truth is that because the series was cancelled we are left with an ambigous 'end' point which could be read many ways. Some like to read it as dead and so see dead, some dont see that on the screen and so dont read 'dead'. Neither is actually canon so neither are correct.

Lol Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

After all the recent debate, I couldn't resist - so here's the closest thing to a PGP tale you'll ever get from me.

Folly...

..."Then where are we? Hell?"

Avon smiled; a chilling smile, an echo of his final living smile.

"Much worse...” His voice dropped to a whisper and despite herself, Servalan leaned closer to catch his words. “We're in the mind of a fanfic writer.”

Lol Grin

Seems I started a trend in this month's entries! Excellent scene.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Anniew
Lovely PC. It took me a while to cotton on. I sometimes wonder whether we are all living in the mind of a fan fic writer, or someone's dream ( perhaps the Tharns) especially when life becomes particularly absurd!

But worse than hell Avon? Ooh I'll make you suffer for that! Probably.

( I loved the comment about Servalan seeming so invulnerable despite her thin layers.)
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

littlesue
@PC
Excellent! One wonders if Mr N had any idea that his creations would still be getting into all sorts of situations such as broom cupboards and sheds......
BTW, I'm about halfway through my Garage...still no sign of that elusive computer expert though. After the garage, it's the airing cupboard!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39
@ Brad and Paula loved the story, especially the bit at the start!
@PC another great story with a funny twist!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
Just scrambling in under the wire! I'm feeling a bit Douglas Adams about all the different deadlines I've got at the moment, but wanted to get this done and posted.

Folly

“…and they call me a fool,” muttered Vila, rooting through Liberator’s kitchen cupboards.

“What was that about a fool?”

Vila whirled round, bottle in hand, to see Cally standing in the doorway. He tried to hide the drink behind his back. “Er… hello, Cally. Were you reading my thoughts?”

“I can't do that. And besides, why would I need to, when you’re speaking them aloud?”

Vila abandoned his guilty attempts to conceal the bottle. “I wanted a drink,” he admitted. “It's been a tough day. Would you like to join me?”

“I came here for a drink too, but I prefer my own.”

They sat at the table, Vila holding a tall glass of soma; Cally’s slim hands clasped around a mug of herbal tea. “You were saying something about fools,” she reminded him.

Vila shrugged. “I’m just fed up with everyone thinking I’m the fool around here, when the rest of you were just as stupid today. The Amagons fooled us by imitating Gan's voice; Jenna fooled us into believing she'd changed sides. Tyce fooled us by not admitting she was Sarkoff’s daughter. And it turns out that Avon fooled me by keeping a lock-pick in his shoe and being able to open doors.”

Cally smiled. “That bothers you most of all, doesn’t it?”

“He should stick to computers,” Vila grumbled. “Locks are my speciality.”

“Yet he was the one you wanted to remove your neckband, after you had freed the rest of us.”

Vila's hand went to his throat, remembering his pounding heart and sweating palms while he talked Avon through the delicate process. “Avon is good when it comes to to circuitry,” he said. “Gan's hands would have been too big, Blake's too impatient and Jenna was busy elsewhere. So it had to be either you or Avon.”

“Didn't you trust me?”

“I trust you, Cally, but I also remembered that you once attacked me while I was wearing this outfit. I don't know what you've got against it - I happen to like it. But I didn't want you to be distracted by my tunic.”

“I wasn't aware that I was attacking you at the time, and I do not object to your tunic,” said Cally, finishing her tea.

“That's good to know.” Vila drained his glass. “But Avon has his pride, as well as a strong survival instinct. It wasn't just our lives that were at stake, it was his reputation. He would have found it it terribly embarrassing to die as a result of his failure.”

Cally looked keenly at him. “Perhaps you are not such a fool, after all.”

“That's what I've been saying. And I was right about everything today, wasn't I?” Vila started to reach again for the bottle, but Cally picked it up and replaced it in the cupboard.

“On this occasion, you were,” she conceded.

“The whole thing was a foolish venture, but the fool wasn't me. I hope you remember that next time I have a bad feeling about a mysterious spaceship.”

“I'll try,” said Cally, suppressing a smile. As they headed out into the corridor, she suddenly gave a soft laugh. “Talking of fools...”

“What?”

“I've just remembered something Blake told me, while we were looking for a way into Sarkoff's tower. He said that on Earth, that sort of structure used to be known as a Folly.”

... and now back to my other deadlines.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Travisina : what a lovely conversation. I'm so glad you let the deadline swoosh by. I find Cally hard to write and you have her perfectly. I like the sense you create of a genuine companionship on the Libby. Made me aware of the tragedy that crew relationships become so tense, competitive and wary in season 4. Cally really was the glue that held them all together.

BradPaula: did post how much I enjoyed the vampire story but the post got lost somewhere. In a black post hole perhaps?

peladon
Travisina wrote:

peladon wrote:

There is no 5th series canon but that doesnt mean that they are dead, to say that they are is as much speculation as to say they are not. The truth is that because the series was cancelled we are left with an ambigous 'end' point which could be read many ways. Some like to read it as dead and so see dead, some dont see that on the screen and so dont read 'dead'. Neither is actually canon so neither are correct.

Oh yes - dont you just love quantum.

Mistletoe12
@Travisina: Avon with the lock-pick in his shoe is a favourite scene from Bounty - an episode I didn't always appreciate in my youth! What a fool!

Lovely story Grin

meegat39
Travisina I also very much enjoyed your story and the interaction between Cally and Vila, lovely!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Ellen York
Travisina, glad you squeaked your story in; very good Vila Cally interaction. And Vila's reasoning for having Avon be the one to remove the collar was just perfect.

Ellen York
littlesue wrote:

BTW, I'm about halfway through my Garage...still no sign of that elusive computer expert though. After the garage, it's the airing cupboard!!

What are you going to do with him if you find him? Or shouldn't I ask? Smile

Anniew
Ellen when I find Avon in MY shed, I have my eye on the world banking system. He can crack it, together we can end world poverty and I close the veil on what happens next beyond saying that we live rich !

purplecleric
littlesue wrote:

...still no sign of that elusive computer expert though. After the garage, it's the airing cupboard!!

You can call off the search - I've got him in the jacuzzi that TT so thoughtfully provided and I'm not letting him out 'til he's beyond wrinkly! (OK ... in my dreams).

@Travisina - again you have produced a piece that combines spot-on characterisation, thoughtful insight, a closer examination of an episode and the word-prompt - great stuff!
Rather than Douglas Adams, I think you are following the lead of Harry Shearer's take on deadlines -"...nothing brings on inspiration more readily than desperation."

On that note, any one else inspired as the month draws to an end?

trevor travis
Travisina, ooh a Cally story!!!, it's not that often she's featured.

Meanwhile, one thing that confuses me: how can Avon be in 10 different sheds in around 4 different countries at the same time? Grin

PC, it was a pleasure to be able to supply the jacuzzi. The Xenon Base shower room seems to have almost become its own branch of B7 fanfic, so it was time to mix it up a bit. Wink Having said that, I don' t think I'm finished with that shower room as yet Pfft

Spaceship Dispatcher
What a nice little Liberator scene Travisina! Vila is one of my favourite characters, and I don't buy that he's really a fool or coward either. More good stuff.

Anniew
Trevor:

Meanwhile, one thing that confuses me: how can Avon be in 10 different sheds in around 4 different countries at the same time? Grin

Teleport . Though his head is spinning a bit

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,114,069 unique visits since 8th January 2014