Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - Moloch - 28th Saturday March 2015
Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

...it's not likely that Chris Boucher would have commissioned and then used the story without feeling it was dramatically merited and exciting.

What's the excuse for 'Animals', then?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina

... and I don't believe that writing about bad things makes you a bad person...

Phew, that's a relief Wink

However, IMO writing badly about bad things makes you a bad writer...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

...it's not likely that Chris Boucher would have commissioned and then used the story without feeling it was dramatically merited and exciting.

That's an easy one. The script was written for Cally, and when it was used with a different character they overlooked the issues. There's no excuse for that, but when it was originally written there would have been nothing wrong with it ethically.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

However, IMO writing badly about bad things makes you a bad writer...

Since this is such a good, intelligent, challenging and adult script however, that doesn't really apply here Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

The beginning of Derek was affected by its late commission, and "Animals" seems to be a case of everyone running out of time, and a script with serious faults entering production without the "magic" it needed from Chris Boucher to make it seem half bearable.

I don't think "Moloch" shares this kind of problem at all. It's a sharp, thought-provoking script containing some wonderful black humour. The only shortcomings are one or two on the production side (the realisation of Moloch, and the realisation of Colonel Astrid).

trevor travis
That's an easy one. The script was written for Cally, and when it was used with a different character they overlooked the issues. There's no excuse for that, but when it was originally written there would have been nothing wrong with it ethically.

It would still be pretty poor, even allowing for Cally in it, which removes both the Justin ick factor and also the Dayna out of character factor.

But you're still left with a poor script, which makes the worst-ever use of Servalan, not giving her a single decent line, and all that rubbish with the mind therapy (which is in the first draft with Cally, I've got it!!). Oh, and Vila and Avon are sidelined.

I think we had to accept that this is the one time the rushed production time scales of the opening part of Derek really worked to the detriment of the story. "Traitor" (the Servalan / Sleer thing) and "Stardrive" (the middle 10 minutes needed an injection of dialogue) also have weird bits in them, but also have enough in them that I like, not to mind too much. In fact, I'm fond of both stories. Can't stand "Animals" though Grin

Travisina
FWIW I really like 'Traitor', despite its flaws Smile

I really hate 'Moloch' despite your best attempts to persuade me otherwise Shock

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
I really hate 'Moloch' despite your best attempts to persuade me otherwise Shock

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Wink

Meanwhile, if SD and myself agree any more on this topic, we'll melt the forum Shock Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Meanwhile, if SD and myself agree any more on this topic, we'll melt the forum Shock Grin

Agreed!

...oops Grin

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Wink

I agree to disagree Pfft

Noooo! Find something to disagree about, quick!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Animals would of course have been raised to the highest level of cult status, even above Rumours of Death, if Og had been replaced by the Menoptra.

trevor travis

Animals would of course have been raised to the highest level of cult status, even above Rumours of Death, if Og had been replaced by the Menoptra.

I disagree Grin

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

I disagree Grin

Hurrah! Normality has been restored Grin

Gauda Cheese
Travisina wrote:

As much as I hate Animals, its really just another workmanlike Prior script, but this time everyone gets it all very wrong.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

JustBrad
Og didn't die. He just went back to the Nimon, where he belongs.

Anniew
Didn't Og's cousin appear in time heist with a lady Og?

And SD - thank you for summing up my rambling point so beautifully. A mirror yes!

and Travisina. If it pleases you:

I have always disagreed with you, from the very beginning.

Please don't shoot!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Travisina - I don't really disagree - except a bot over Moloch!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

and Travisina. If it pleases you:

I have always disagreed with you, from the very beginning.

Please don't shoot!

LOL. Smile

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Travisina - I don't really disagree - except a bot over Moloch!

Anniew, you can disagree with me as much as you like (about Moloch or anything else) - makes for some lively discussions! As long as we can still be friends afterwards Happy

But I really mustn't rewatch Moloch again too soon. That was the second time in about 6 months, and it put me in a right old grump. Pushes all the wrong buttons in my psyche!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

But I really mustn't rewatch Moloch again too soon... Pushes all the wrong buttons in my psyche!

We noticed! Is it safe to come out now? Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.86 seconds
9,114,117 unique visits since 8th January 2014