Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - D12 Warlord
trevor travis
The episode: Derek Twelve - Warlord
The date: Tuesday, March 24th, 2015
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which some Federation guards play a game of Shoot-The-Zombie-Off-The-Escalator (looks far more fun than Pass The Parcel or Sardines), Avon finally decides to fight back (if only hed made that decision while he still had the Liberator and the Federation was at its weakest), Tarrant fools in love with a lady with funny hair (although shes a 500% improvement on Piri), Servalan shows shes picked up a few concealment tricks off Dayna (plus its the very last well see of her. sigh!!), Avon wants to play Rugby with Tarrant, Orac gets a bash on its bonce, and Soolin is just wonderful (even more than usual) as once again she saves Avons neck.

Meanwhile,Its A Mystery how no-one ever noticed that Toyah Wilcox appeared in an episode of B7:
https://www.youtu...gee3IGYZsU

Yes funny hair was all the rage in both 1981 and in the Third Century of the Second (Countryfile) Calendar.

Everyone is welcome to join in the rewatch of this key arc story from Derek.

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

Tarrant fools in love with a lady with funny hair

...and love makes falls of us all.

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Tarrant fools in love with a lady with funny hair

...and love makes falls of us all.

Indeed it does.

Yes, a typo from me, although I tend to think of Tarrant as a bit of a fool, so maybe I was thinking of this as I was typing. Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 18 March 2015 09:28:08

briggsy1
Was the zombies on the escalator scene at the Guildford Friary shopping centre meant to be a satire on consumerism by the writer, Simon Masters? (Though George A Romero thought of it first.)

Hugbot
briggsy1 wrote:

Was the zombies on the escalator scene at the Guildford Friary shopping centre meant to be a satire on consumerism by the writer, Simon Masters? (Though George A Romero thought of it first.)

I think it is about what people do to other people when they have the power to do it, they do not have to face any consequences, they are not identifiable (wearing masks), and the victims are anonymised (only numbers on the foreheads) - all the main ingredients of the Stanford prison experiment. It is not a satire but bitter reality in any dictatorship.

Anniew
That image ( guards shooting Zombied citizens) has stayed with me for years. I found it haunting!
Such a weird mixture Warlord. Some great bits, and great lines but some that are so cheesy you could weep. ( Tarrant and Zeeona in lurve... Against a backdrop of stars. O dear!)
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
Since we're doing Warlord next, I thought I'd post a photo taken of me on the escalator of the Guildford Friary Shopping Center taken in 2011. There was construction going on at the time but you can see the going up escalator to the right of me. Luckily we didn't get chased out as I've heard some fans have. Perhaps it had something to do with the Supreme Commander being with us that afternoon. That and the fact that we were on our way to the theatre to see Glynis Barber in 'Season's Greetings', which was quite a treat.
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/100_1377_zps8n2xdhf5.jpg
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Zukan disdained a rebel connection.
And unleashed a nasty infection.
Though his heir apparent, fancied our Tarrant,
she didnt use proper protection.

Anniew
JustBrad Yep. Never take off your marigolds! Lovely Limerick.

clanger68
BradPaula wrote:

Since we're doing Warlord next, I thought I'd post a photo taken of me on the escalator of the Guildford Friary Shopping Center taken in 2011. There was construction going on at the time but you can see the going up escalator to the right of me. Luckily we didn't get chased out as I've heard some fans have. Perhaps it had something to do with the Supreme Commander being with us that afternoon. That and the fact that we were on our way to the theatre to see Glynis Barber in 'Season's Greetings', which was quite a treat.
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/100_1377_zps8n2xdhf5.jpg

Great photo. Grin
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
rojkerr1
got one of those zombie costumes, and a fed guard costume with a hole blown in the front, courtesy of Avon! Two costumes from the same story.I put bar code numbers and letters on the mannequin forehead...

clareblues1
Anniew wrote:

That image ( guards shooting Zombied citizens) has stayed with me for years. I found it haunting!
Such a weird mixture Warlord. Some great bits, and great lines but some that are so cheesy you could weep. ( Tarrant and Zeeona in lurve... Against a backdrop of stars. O dear!)

I know where you're at there...one of those classic paradoxes where the script writer couldn't quite decide if they were writing a story for older viewers or younger and tried to play safe with things that would appeal to both...

I've often concluded that B7 could never establish which audience it was reaching out to and hovers in the middle as it were
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

got one of those zombie costumes, and a fed guard costume with a hole blown in the front, courtesy of Avon! Two costumes from the same story.I put bar code numbers and letters on the mannequin forehead...

Now you have a ready-made costume to wear to Return to Gauda Prime 3. Grin

Anniew
I've often concluded that B7 could never establish which audience it was reaching out to and hovers in the middle as it were

Claire Blues I do agree with this. It's one of the reasons fan fiction about the series can range from Avon's teddy to Avon's excruciating angst!

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Claire Blues I do agree with this. It's one of the reasons fan fiction about the series can range from Avon's teddy to Avon's excruciating angst!

And is probably the reason for the series' enduring appeal - the fact that it can speak to audiences of all ages, as proved by the younglings discovering it recently for the first time (eg Gauda Cheese's sister & littlesue's grandson).
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

rojkerr1
I've got the costume on a female mannequin Paula! Don't think I could fill it out like she does! Besides, I'm not the slave type, when I was a kid the B7 monthly described me as looking like a young Tarrant! Photo too -in the magazine taken at a convention! Sorry it wasn't your particular Del!

Panna
trevor travis wrote:

The episode: Derek Twelve - Warlord
The date: Tuesday, March 24th, 2015
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which some Federation guards play a game of Shoot-The-Zombie-Off-The-Escalator (looks far more fun than Pass The Parcel or Sardines), Avon finally decides to fight back (if only hed made that decision while he still had the Liberator and the Federation was at its weakest), https://www.youtu...gee3IGYZsU

Yes funny hair was all the rage in both 1981 and in the Third Century of the Second (Countryfile) Calendar.

Everyone is welcome to join in the rewatch of this key arc story from Derek.

Yes, if only Avon had decided to fight back when he had Liberator instead of this too little too late scheme. Lot's of fans say Avon is logical, but just because he thinks he's logical doesn't mean he is or has foresight.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
I wonder if there is fanfic based on the thought: if only Avon had fought back while he still had Liberator and The Federation was at its weakest?
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

littlesue
@ clareblues: I've often concluded that B7 could never establish which audience it was reaching out to and hovers in the middle as it were.

Uncle Vere calling all of us boys and girls when he intruduced himself at Teal Vandor was an eye opener!
I think he was genuinely surprised to see the range of ages all gathered in that hall!
From the little boy who shyly informed 'Servalan' that his dad (standing nervously beside him) really liked her...and Jaqs coming around from behind the table and planting a kiss on aforesaid rather shocked Dad.
To the slightly older young lady in a wheel chair who almost burst into tears when faced by 'Avon' who then came round from behind the table and gave her a huge hug...followed by Mum starting to cry!!!
To me, aged 27, telling Uncle Vere that I had a great deal of trouble getting my two little girls to bed before B7 was on, and he telling me that I didn't look old enough to have two young children and me promptly giving the great man a big hug...saying 'I love this man!'

The Beeb had to consider that the show went out at just after 7pm in the Softly Softly spot...so they couldn'y be too adult, hence that is why you can watch it with your Granny if need be, or, indeed, your Grandson!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

I've got the costume on a female mannequin Paula! Don't think I could fill it out like she does! Besides, I'm not the slave type, when I was a kid the B7 monthly described me as looking like a young Tarrant! Photo too -in the magazine taken at a convention! Sorry it wasn't your particular Del!

Great! LOL

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,813,910 unique visits since 8th January 2014