Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Original Liberator prop/model for sale?
littlesue
Anniew wrote:

I'm confused! Is there one Liberator that he keeps pretending to sell in the hope that when he resells it some sucker will fall for the fake history he's created and pay his inflated price or has he got a factory turning out ' original' Liberators? And if he's selling it after its 'apparently' already sold, how can he get away with it if he doesn't change his name? And is Chris Tarrant the TV personality? I didn't think Tarrant was the name of the original seller. Is THIS the fake identity he has assumed or is he just a descendent of evil Dev Tarrant?

It's the same Libby.
On one of his listings he actually showed his paperwork with his name and address.
He won the model at an auction and paid about £3000 I think . That was back in the 90s and then he, or the auction house, wrote to Martin Bower, who sent a letter back saying that this was the model of the LIbby, (or something along those lines).
Since then this model has been on Ebay at least 3 times. According to his feedback he sold it to someone for less that 10,000 (the asking price) and they left that feedback.
That was in 2014...and then the same model was back on, with the same listing this year...but the auction ended on the 30th Aug...no doubt because he was filming Four Rooms.
So there's every chance it will be relisted at some time in the future. But if he is such a big fan why is he selling it and not giving it to a museum?
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
Ahh got it Sue. Many thanks
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
littlesue wrote:
... if he is such a big fan why is he selling it and not giving it to a museum?

He said that he was selling it because the time was right (to make mega-bucks??) as there was renewed interest in B7 because of the new movie that was being made, directed by Martin Campbell.

LOL, LOL, lollity-lol, that is just NOT going to happen Cool

And neither are the mega-bucks.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday explaining to newbie fans on social media that this Liberator was a wonderful copy of what was used in the actual series. Many thought it was the actual prop, and not a fantastic replica!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

So you're saying it's City Of Death, but with fake Liberators? :O

He's got a Time Machine and he's getting Ian Scoones to knock up additional ones???

All we need is an x-ray machine to see which ones have "This is a fake" concealed under the paint job.

Lurena
What a weird person to keep selling that way.

Intriguing.
Is it still on eBay?

Perhaps we should bid on it in Second Calendar, third Century currency?Wink
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
BradPaula
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

So you're saying it's City Of Death, but with fake Liberators? Shock

He's got a Time Machine and he's getting Ian Scoones to knock up additional ones???

All we need is an x-ray machine to see which ones have "This is a fake" concealed under the paint job.

Sounds completely sane to me, Joe!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Frankymole
BradPaula wrote:

I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday explaining to newbie fans on social media that this Liberator was a wonderful copy of what was used in the actual series. Many thought it was the actual prop, and not a fantastic replica!
...including the seller and the buyers on Four Rooms, to be fair. And they're usually so careful about provenance. What went wrong?

Travisina
Frankymole wrote:

BradPaula wrote:
Many thought it was the actual prop, and not a fantastic replica!
...including the seller and the buyers on Four Rooms, to be fair. And they're usually so careful about provenance. What went wrong?

All the other sellers on Four Rooms were questioned about the provenance of their items, and I can't believe Chris & Jessica Tarrant wouldn't have been questioned likewise. I'm only guessing, but I wonder if those questions and answers were took place, but were edited out of the final programme? Perhaps the buyers on Four Rooms *did* have some idea of the background to this model, which is why their bids were a lot lower than the Tarrants were asking - in the region of £4k - £7.5k, which would have been a fair price for a fantastic replica. But as I said, this is pure supposition.

littlesue
I'm watching Ebay to see if it turns up again.
I was also intrigued about everyone else being asked about the provenace, esp. Jackie O's dress.
One wonders if someone had made a quick phone call...
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Propman
Travisina wrote:

Well, that was jolly interesting. Chris Tarrant and his daughter Jessica - who did most of the talking and called the shots throughout. They turned down every offer, that ranged from £4k to £7.5k

Hubby and I were shouting at the telly "No it isn't!" every time they said it was the original model, it was becoming a bit like a pantomime. We were really nervous that the nice dealer Alex, who was a genuine B7 fan, would buy it for £7.5k, but the Tarrants turned it down.

It was interesting that unlike the other items being offered on the show (a clock tower automaton, a Jackie Onassis dress etc) no questions were asked with regard to Libby's provenance. Or perhaps they were asked and edited out? We got the feeling that the dealers may have known that this wasn't the original, hence their low offers (compared to the $300k that somebody paid for the Enterprise).

Spaceresearcher
Seriously, time would be better spent learning modelling skills and building your own than chasing what for lack of a better term is a bit of a 'holy grail' with all of us Blakes 7 fans. The illusive all original Liberator.

For the record there were 3 in total. One large scale version for main close up film footage and 2 smaller versions used for fly by scenes and action shots etc.

The only one that's still original is the one that the great Matt Irvine shows at conventions. (It's the one that was actually blown up and he put it back together the best he could). The other 2 were essentially scrapped. Martin Bower put together probably the most complete version but it was a re-construction at the end of the day.

In short, it's a sad fact that the original Liberator in a form like this guy is advertising NO LONGER EXISTS. There's some pieces floating around in reconstructions and Matt's put together but that's it. A tragic ending for one of the most iconic spacecraft ever created.

It's memory live on and thousands of model replica's exist to keep it's magistic splendor on display for generations to come though.

In a way the original Liberator through dying, has made the spacecraft legendary, just like the episode Blake did for the series.

That said, for the price this guys is asking if you have that kind of money, then for goodness sake contact Martin Bower through his website. It wouldn't cost much more to get a genuine screen usable replica from one of the people who actually worked on the original Liberator. (Please note, that while Martin assisted in building the 2 extra Liberator's, he didn't actually build the original large scale version. Martin worked on the detailing of the original Liberator only).

It could be highly possible that Matt Irvine may be able to build you one for that amount but I've never contacted Mr Irvine about prop replica construction so I'm only guessing.

sooper mouse
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Seriously, time would be better spent learning modelling skills and building your own than chasing what for lack of a better term is a bit of a 'holy grail' with all of us Blakes 7 fans. The illusive all original Liberator.

For the record there were 3 in total. One large scale version for main close up film footage and 2 smaller versions used for fly by scenes and action shots etc.

The only one that's still original is the one that the great Matt Irvine shows at conventions. (It's the one that was actually blown up and he put it back together the best he could). The other 2 were essentially scrapped. Martin Bower put together probably the most complete version but it was a re-construction at the end of the day.

In short, it's a sad fact that the original Liberator in a form like this guy is advertising NO LONGER EXISTS. There's some pieces floating around in reconstructions and Matt's put together but that's it. A tragic ending for one of the most iconic spacecraft ever created.

It's memory live on and thousands of model replica's exist to keep it's magistic splendor on display for generations to come though.

In a way the original Liberator through dying, has made the spacecraft legendary, just like the episode Blake did for the series.

That said, for the price this guys is asking if you have that kind of money, then for goodness sake contact Martin Bower through his website. It wouldn't cost much more to get a genuine screen usable replica from one of the people who actually worked on the original Liberator. (Please note, that while Martin assisted in building the 2 extra Liberator's, he didn't actually build the original large scale version. Martin worked on the detailing of the original Liberator only).

It could be highly possible that Matt Irvine may be able to build you one for that amount but I've never contacted Mr Irvine about prop replica construction so I'm only guessing.

that's ridiculous for a replica tbh.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
Does anyone know what happened to the original Scorpio prop?

Did they smash it to pieces in the making of "Blake"?

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Apparently, so, and it took some doing because of its 'robust' quality. Ron Thornton RIP

BradPaula
The last I heard, no one has it. Even Mat Irvine could not 'rescue' it out of the bin this time.

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Apparently, so, and it took some doing because of its 'robust' quality. Ron Thornton RIP

I believe they had to actually saw it in half for the crash landing scene in "Blake".

clanger68
Hi All,

I also had always understood that the large Scorpio model was deliberately sawn/cut up for the crash scenes in ‘Blake’.

Jim Francis had said this in printed interviews and in his interview on one of the fantastic Sheelagh Wells: Together Again tapes.

I asked Ron Thornton about it a few years ago as I had heard a different story from a couple of people that the model had fallen off a table during filming and broken by accident…..
Here’s what Ron said…….

Andy: Shame the large model had to be destroyed.

Ron: It was an accident... You can see as it comes to a halt after the crash start to tilt off the edge of the table... I made it out of clear styrene sheet (very brittle) coz I couldnt source Chloroform to glue perspex... So it went off the table and shattered!

Andy: Ahh, my head is in my hands as I type.

Ron: I was too green to know about Weld-on, or Methelene dichloride. (*Types of glue)

Andy: Good stuff, Did the shot dictate some sort of destruction though? Or was it the model breaking that dictated the shot!

Ron: No…the ship just grinds to a halt…I think they were going to do some Pyro.. but they never did.

Andy: Cool, I never knew that. Obviously a shame the model was sacrificed, but it was a great shot nonetheless.

Cheers,

Andy
Edited by clanger68 on 24 November 2016 13:06:53
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
trevor travis
Cheers Andy.

Alas poor Scorpio Sad

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 2.20 seconds
9,158,576 unique visits since 8th January 2014